• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

Ha I made it on there page.
LOls2000.jpg

Not sure why the other thread got locked because everyone was just expressing their opinions, no F-bombs, no threats....BUTT, the pic of the gun and ammo could've done it.

Billy, I'm sure how you got to the conclusion about me not wanting you to come out with us again because you have a CCW but that's not true.

Randy, I have no problem with guns, but I know for a fact that you don't ever pull out a gun to "warn" someone because of an impending fight or confrontation, anyone with common sense knows that but than again, common sense is not so common...I give you exhibit A for instance.

Now, back on the main topic, I'd like to know if you everyone is still interested in going next year first of all. Not only the above problem, but there was a lack of communication and a split of the "have's have not's" as far as the cars, or atleast that's what I thought about it anyways. Open conversation is very welcome here, its not too early to start talking about this guys.

I do agree about the food, I say breakfast we eat at the cabins for sure and dinner, let's grill. We just need to get our own food and have enough for the weekend but have our annual dinner together out though, I was pretty bummed out that we didn't do that this year. Our group was too big and/or split up to take the group shot infront of the Deal's Gap sign and the only chance would've been at dinner on Saturday night.

Now to lighten up the mood again.... .357 days to go till 2011 Fall Dragon Run!

Roger, I'm sorry if I jumped to conclusions. I am just tired of all the drama and the preaching. All for one guy that only did half of one run with us! I have really enjoyed the trips I've been able to take with this group. I know that you have pretty much been the organizer for these runs and I want to say thank you for that! I know there have been some complaints about this and that but I think we all owe you a big THANK YOU!:wave:
Ironic number of days to go for the SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA DRAGON RUN! I'll be there keeping my one car per year streak going. I just wish I knew what it will be?

I can't wait till the next one. The annual dinner is a good idea. Personally I think we should have done more grilling. I really like the time around the camp fire I just wish everyone was there. Talking about the days run around an open flame was great! I'd like to see a light breakfast (maybe fastfood), a good lunch (dinner or that mexican joint), dinner around the camp fire.
Humm, timing of the cars. I thought it went ok for the number of cars we had. Yeah, there were a few guys who pushed it a little, but with a large group istuff like that is going to happen.

Overall,l I give the experience 9 out of 10.

Not sure why the other thread got locked because everyone was just expressing their opinions, no F-bombs, no threats....BUTT, the pic of the gun and ammo could've done it.

I doubt a picture of a gun is enough to lock a thread. They are not illegal, and neither is their ammo. A gun sitting on a table shouldn't be enough for someone to lock a thread. I am pretty sure they just didn't like the direction the thread was going.

Randy, I have no problem with guns, but I know for a fact that you don't ever pull out a gun to "warn" someone because of an impending fight or confrontation, anyone with common sense knows that but than again, common sense is not so common...I give you exhibit A for instance.

Who pulled out a gun to warn anyone? The guy said he had it ready with the safety off while seated in his own vehicle. What you can do with YOUR gun in YOUR vehicle is a bit different than what you can do with your gun out in public. He wasn't waving it about, or pointing it at anyone. You obviously have a problem with guns if you are posting that my opinion will not be tolerated and that people need to leave their guns at home if they want to come to the dragon run. You keep mentioning a lack of common sense, but you seem to lack an understanding of basic gun laws. If they freak you out fine, but get your facts straight before you start spewing misinformation.

Now, back on the main topic, I'd like to know if you everyone is still interested in going next year first of all. Not only the above problem, but there was a lack of communication and a split of the "have's have not's" as far as the cars, or atleast that's what I thought about it anyways. Open conversation is very welcome here, its not too early to start talking about this guys.

There was a lack of communication because you made no effort to speak with everyone. We had several campfires and you didn't show up to even one. We grilled on several occasions and you were nowhere to be found. I even went over to your cabin and talked with people, but you just seemed to be in some sort of funk. You seemed to not like how things were going, and it showed. I was out to have a good time, so I stopped trying and hung out with the people that were out to have fun.

Have's and Have not's!?! regarding cars. Are you suggesting that there are groups of auto elitists amongst us. I don't know what group you were in, but we had a 350Z, S2000, Lancer Ralliart, Purple People Eating Truck, old Corolla, and some SVT Contours. How much more diverse can that group get? Has having the Fit this year gotten to you? Did the comments bother you? if so, say something.

Now to lighten up the mood again.... .357 days to go till 2011 Fall Dragon Run!

you mean 357 days to go till the SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA 2011 Fall Dragon Run!

Well this year is in the books so no point in arguing about what happened/didn't happen.....

Roger may not admit it, but the comments were not appreciated by him. Just remember everyone has different skill sets, cars, etc which make this run unique. Not everyone can bring an Evo, Mazdaspeed 3, S2000, etc. While some razzing is fine, we may have taken it over the line with the Fit, me included.

Next year this is what I am thinking:

Quick breakfast at the cabins
Drivers meeting before heading to gas up, etc
Groups determined by experience/ driving intentions
More dinners at the cabin aka grilling
Saturday night will be the end of weekend dinner for the group at a restaurant decided by the majority

I think this is a good start to making the "saving the drama for yo mama Dragon Run 11" the best ever!

Well this year is in the books so no point in arguing about what happened/didn't happen.....

Roger may not admit it, but the comments were not appreciated by him. Just remember everyone has different skill sets, cars, etc which make this run unique. Not everyone can bring an Evo, Mazdaspeed 3, S2000, etc. While some razzing is fine, we may have taken it over the line with the Fit, me included.

Saturday night will be the end of weekend dinner for the group at a restaurant decided by the majority

I think this is a good start to making the "saving the drama for yo mama Dragon Run 11" the best ever!

I am glad the SAVE YOUR DRAMA FO YO MAMA Name is sticking. We should make T-shirts incorporating the Chupacabras and angry goose ( I am sad that whatever mods you did between last run and this one calmed the goose down a bit). I also want to make muffler meat a reality. I think a hot pocket on an exhaust manifold should cook by the time we get from the cabins to the gas station.

Not sure why the other thread got locked....

I locked it because the more you feed the fuel the longer the fire burns.... it happened and its over. If you have a problem pm it to someone or call someone. If you continue to bring it up in this thread then I will lock this thread too. Just move on.

Yeah, enough info is posted about what happened and hopefully its been fully read by everyone and we don't have another incident.

I doubt a picture of a gun is enough to lock a thread. They are not illegal, and neither is their ammo. A gun sitting on a table shouldn't be enough for someone to lock a thread. I am pretty sure they just didn't like the direction the thread was going.

Who pulled out a gun to warn anyone? The guy said he had it ready with the safety off while seated in his own vehicle. What you can do with YOUR gun in YOUR vehicle is a bit different than what you can do with your gun out in public. He wasn't waving it about, or pointing it at anyone. You obviously have a problem with guns if you are posting that my opinion will not be tolerated and that people need to leave their guns at home if they want to come to the dragon run. You keep mentioning a lack of common sense, but you seem to lack an understanding of basic gun laws. If they freak you out fine, but get your facts straight before you start spewing misinformation.

There was a lack of communication because you made no effort to speak with everyone. We had several campfires and you didn't show up to even one. We grilled on several occasions and you were nowhere to be found. I even went over to your cabin and talked with people, but you just seemed to be in some sort of funk. You seemed to not like how things were going, and it showed. I was out to have a good time, so I stopped trying and hung out with the people that were out to have fun.

Have's and Have not's!?! regarding cars. Are you suggesting that there are groups of auto elitists amongst us. I don't know what group you were in, but we had a 350Z, S2000, Lancer Ralliart, Purple People Eating Truck, old Corolla, and some SVT Contours. How much more diverse can that group get? Has having the Fit this year gotten to you? Did the comments bother you? if so, say something.

you mean 357 days to go till the SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA 2011 Fall Dragon Run!

Boy, is this a NRA meeting or the CEG , haaaaa!! You always seem so angry to me Randy but maybe I am reading you wrong. :D Relax man, it's all good. I don't think Roger is uncomfortable with guns but it's more about who he has dealt with in the past that owned them. We knew a couple douche bags that had CCWs and no clue how they got them. One county around the Detroit area used to give them away like candy on Halloween! I also want to add, before some jumps my crap, I have no issues with people carrying or owning guns. Heck, I have owned a few in my days and spent a year loaded down to the gills with guns while I was in Iraq! My heaviest patrol, 1 AK with 6 full magazine, 9mm with 4 full mags and my M4 with 14 full mags plus 3 grenades!!!! I also did another patrol with my SAW and 1300 rounds!! Fun times!!

Derek - Night Patrol..jpg

I can attest that Roger did make it one night to the bonfire. We went over to it Friday night after we got back from the night run, it was around midnight but there weren't to many people left.

I agree with you here Hector and I hope every comes back next year, otherwise it wouldn't be the same. Here is to the Save the Drama for Your Mama Dragon Run 2011!!

Back