• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

I thought the gun stuff was done and over with, but I wanna clear something up out in the open. I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONES OPINIONS NOT BEING TOLERATED! What I did say that our Fall Dragon Run is NO PLACE FOR PEOPLE BRINGING GUNS! A logical thinking person can agree with that, I think. Not sure why all the GUNS GUNS GUNS all of a sudden, but this is about meeting up and driving the roads. Speaking of driving the roads Randy, you posted something about wanting to drive the roads and not BS with everyone, well, that's fine if that's what you wanna do....go for it, noone was holding you back, we all know where to go down there.

Now as far as the Fit "getting to me", I take that as a negative comment, I mean, why would you post that? Did you ask how the car performed out there? Did you hear how the car performed out there? Probably not, only heard everyone talking sheet about the car and everyone joining in as usual. I know this makes me sound "thin skinned" but there's alot more to the story that I don't care to get into with you here, but its what I'm driving right now, not by choice so I'm trying to make the best of it right now. Not you, but too many people just kept piling on and on and on about it and was getting old and tired. I make fun of the car enough, so I don't need 100% negative comments about the car, I was bummed out enough on Thursday night when the car was getting "tail happy" out there. Then, when I hit the Dragon 3x's on Friday I was on cloud nine but the ripping continued and continued and continued. Derek was about the only person to say something positive about the car. Like I said, I'm not in the best place in my life right now and this is the best I could come up with and was just glad to be able to attend the run this year, hell, the car exceeded my expectations frankly speaking. I know its "just a Fit" but if you read the reviews about the car its always praised for its handling and I have to agree.

In closing, really think about what this run is all about, everyone and maybe we'll be on the same page for once.

Just times for meeting for dinner (assuming you aren't running a night run that day), etc. Just a little structure...not so much were we feel there are time limits, schedules, etc.

Boy, is this a NRA meeting or the CEG , haaaaa!! You always seem so angry to me Randy but maybe I am reading you wrong. :D Relax man, it's all good. I don't think Roger is uncomfortable with guns but it's more about who he has dealt with in the past that owned them. We knew a couple douche bags that had CCWs and no clue how they got them. One county around the Detroit area used to give them away like candy on Halloween! I also want to add, before some jumps my crap, I have no issues with people carrying or owning guns. Heck, I have owned a few in my days and spent a year loaded down to the gills with guns while I was in Iraq! My heaviest patrol, 1 AK with 6 full magazine, 9mm with 4 full mags and my M4 with 14 full mags plus 3 grenades!!!! I also did another patrol with my SAW and 1300 rounds!! Fun times!!

View attachment 8813

I can attest that Roger did make it one night to the bonfire. We went over to it Friday night after we got back from the night run, it was around midnight but there weren't to many people left.

I agree with you here Hector and I hope every comes back next year, otherwise it wouldn't be the same. Here is to the Save the Drama for Your Mama Dragon Run 2011!!

I am not an angry guy and it is probably just that you and I need to get to know each other a bit better. Let try to make that happen next dragon run. I meant to ask you about your car, but never got around to it. I also wante dto let you know that the picture you posted is bad ass and I want that gun.

Although I am not angry, I am bothered that Roger would tell me that my opinion about guns will not be tolerated, and that he would try to tell people that they can't bring guns to the dragon run. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. I am sorry you guys have had bad experiences with guns in the past and people getting CCW's too easily. All of the CCW folks I know are upright citizens and we need more people like them. Sorry if I came across as angry, I just don't like people telling/ordering me what to do, especially if it infringes on my rights.

Can't wait till the 2011 SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YO MAMA Dragon Run!

I am not an angry guy and it is probably just that you and I need to get to know each other a bit better. Let try to make that happen next dragon run. I meant to ask you about your car, but never got around to it. I also wante dto let you know that the picture you posted is bad ass and I want that gun.

Although I am not angry, I am bothered that Roger would tell me that my opinion about guns will not be tolerated, and that he would try to tell people that they can't bring guns to the dragon run. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. I am sorry you guys have had bad experiences with guns in the past and people getting CCW's too easily. All of the CCW folks I know are upright citizens and we need more people like them. Sorry if I came across as angry, I just don't like people telling/ordering me what to do, especially if it infringes on my rights.

Can't wait till the 2011 SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YO MAMA Dragon Run!
IL sucks and you can't carry here. :(

I thought the gun stuff was done and over with, but I wanna clear something up out in the open. I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONES OPINIONS NOT BEING TOLERATED! What I did say that our Fall Dragon Run is NO PLACE FOR PEOPLE BRINGING GUNS! A logical thinking person can agree with that, I think. Not sure why all the GUNS GUNS GUNS all of a sudden, but this is about meeting up and driving the roads. Speaking of driving the roads Randy, you posted something about wanting to drive the roads and not BS with everyone, well, that's fine if that's what you wanna do....go for it, noone was holding you back, we all know where to go down there.

Check the rants thread post #34 page 4 you said, "BUTT....Randy, when you say you like the fact that someone had a gun is a concern and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! No situation needs a gun unless its LIFE OR DEATH! I didn't see or hear about that situation raising its ugly head one bit. Even if someone gets in your face down there about driving, NO NEED FOR A GUN, just stick with the facts and defend yourself with fists (if it ever comes to that and I hope it doesn't)"

you said you will not tolerate my liking the fact that someone had a gun. Sounds to me like you were referring to not tolerating my opinion. You also told me to defend my life with my fists instead of a gun. I will leave my defense tactics to myself. I'll just avoid fights if that is ok with you and keep a gun as a life or death backup if I can't talk my way out of my problems.

Not all logical people would agree that the dragon run is no place for a gun. You have your opinion, and many others share mine. Let's just stick to the Don't ask don't tell gun policy I suggested.

regarding no one holding me back. Nobody did. Notice how Billy, can't remember who else, and myself all left when you guys were still waiting for brunch at Tellicafe around 11am. Some of you wanted to sit and eat, some of us wanted to drive. We left and drove, we had a blast. The part about not wanting to BS was me doing my best not to get a repeat of last year. Last year I waited for the group while you sat around listening to a game. I didn't like that and decided that this year I would leave when I wanted to. I was able to find others who wanted to drive as often as I did, and I think we all had lots of fun. From now on out I am going to do my best to find people who like to drive as often as I do and we will go off and do our thing. If some of you want to spend till nearly noon to eat, have at it. I am sure there will always be at least one more person who wants to spend the morning driving the amazing roads we all drove long hours to get to.

Now as far as the Fit "getting to me", I take that as a negative comment, I mean, why would you post that? Did you ask how the car performed out there? Did you hear how the car performed out there? Probably not, only heard everyone talking sheet about the car and everyone joining in as usual. I know this makes me sound "thin skinned" but there's alot more to the story that I don't care to get into with you here, but its what I'm driving right now, not by choice so I'm trying to make the best of it right now. Not you, but too many people just kept piling on and on and on about it and was getting old and tired. I make fun of the car enough, so I don't need 100% negative comments about the car, I was bummed out enough on Thursday night when the car was getting "tail happy" out there. Then, when I hit the Dragon 3x's on Friday I was on cloud nine but the ripping continued and continued and continued. Derek was about the only person to say something positive about the car. Like I said, I'm not in the best place in my life right now and this is the best I could come up with and was just glad to be able to attend the run this year, hell, the car exceeded my expectations frankly speaking. I know its "just a Fit" but if you read the reviews about the car its always praised for its handling and I have to agree.

In closing, really think about what this run is all about, everyone and maybe we'll be on the same page for once.

I am not insulting the fit or your situation. I was just trying to share in some friendly ball busting. Sorry it went too far. I apologize for my comments that offended you. Just because I am ok with people poking fun at my car as a lighthearted joke, doesn't mean everyone else is. If I have offended any of you, please let me know. I was just trying to have some fun, but am willing to apologize if I have taken it too far. We are all out to have fun, and our cars make no difference. We can all have fun regardless of our rides.

I just checked my tires today, and I have some bad news. My rears were new just a few weeks before the dragon run, and they are at 5/32nds.....ouch! I only have 3/10ths of rear tread left. I am going to have two sets of wheels. Dragon wheels and everyday wheels. I will buy a set of 17's for everyday use, and keep my 16's with extreme summer tires for dragon runs and any other events I may go to. When these tires wear out I will repaint the 16's some cool color, and get some 17's with decent treadwear tires for everyday.

This was the most fun I have had on the dragon to date, and I guess my tires show for it.....lol. :)

Let me be clear about this one last time and I mean LAST TIME. I didn't mean for it to sound like you don't have the right to an opinion. I'm very Republican about this for sure, so sorry about the misunderstanding. I think tempers flared when you said you liked the fact that the guy had the gun with him, more people should be like that. Given the situation, IMO, no need for it to be out due to "throat slash", no need for it be out with the safety off, just my opinion and I don't think this means I'm anti-gun.

As far as the Fit goes and the ripping, well Randy, you were just a small part of that but everyone else followed suit and piled on but don't worry, its not going to be a problem next year, not at all, trust me.

Take care and good luck all!

Let me be clear about this one last time and I mean LAST TIME. I didn't mean for it to sound like you don't have the right to an opinion. I'm very Republican about this for sure, so sorry about the misunderstanding. I think tempers flared when you said you liked the fact that the guy had the gun with him, more people should be like that. Given the situation, IMO, no need for it to be out due to "throat slash", no need for it be out with the safety off, just my opinion and I don't think this means I'm anti-gun.

As far as the Fit goes and the ripping, well Randy, you were just a small part of that but everyone else followed suit and piled on but don't worry, its not going to be a problem next year, not at all, trust me.

Take care and good luck all!

You have already stated your opinion several times. Let's just move on and keep this on topic. Back to the 2011 SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YO MAMA DRAGON RUN!

Randy and Roger: Move it to PMs. I'm already the last post in one locked thread. Think of my reputation!:laugh:

No more from me, but feel free to PM me Roger if you have any other concerns. I would hate to turn Billy into some sort of Soiled Dove. lol.

Derek was about the only person to say something positive about the car. Like I said, I'm not in the best place in my life right now and this is the best I could come up with and was just glad to be able to attend the run this year, hell, the car exceeded my expectations frankly speaking. I know its "just a Fit" but if you read the reviews about the car its always praised for its handling and I have to agree.

Baahhahah.

You forgetting what i drive?

Roger, not one person said something bad about my car, and i was in the back of the pack 90% of the time. IDk what you did wrong haha.

BTW your headlights are huge.

I have already got wife approval on the 17's. hooray! Just going to wait until I burn through these tires and get the 17's when I need new tires.

Hector, check out the pics and videos thread regarding my wife's new car. I posted a picture of the Wife's tiguan with Billy's GTI wheels test fit on it.

Back