• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

Attention...heads up....fyi...look!

Attention...heads up....fyi...look!

I SPOKE TO DIXIE TODAY AND APPARENTLY THE WEEKEND WE'RE GOING TO BE THERE IS THE SAME WEEKEND OF THE GOLD RUSH EVENT THEY HAVE IN TOWN. There's a large group of people who pan for gold in the Tellico River, its very popular and the cabins fill up fast. IN THE EVENT SOMEONE CAN'T GET A CABIN....FIRST ASK DIXIE TO DIRECT YOU TO ANOTHER CABIN COMPANY, SHE DID THAT FOR ME THE 2ND TIME I WENT!

The worst case scenario would be the motels down route 68 (the road infront of Hardee's) and I-75, it further down the road, but it would be somewhere to stay. If that does happen, we will set up a convienent place for everyone to meet up at, trust me, we'll make it work and keep everyone comfortable.

We also might need to take on a couple roomies too, I'm sure Dixie will not mind if say a cabin that has 2 beds has 4 people staying in it. The cabin that sleeps 6-8 should probably be maxed out if at all possible. I know Randy and Billy bring there wives and ofcoarse they're not sharing the rooms, but everyone else, think about it, ok:shrug:

Billy and I aren't bringing our wives this year. They have done everything fun to do in that area, so they are going on their own vacation. Maybe a cruise.

Billy and I have reserved Cabin 7. It is a 4 bed cabin. Billy and I will stay in the two bedrooms, and we are looking for anybody interested in staying in the other two twin beds. If we split it four ways, it becomes dirt cheap for everyone.

I got cabin 4!

The graphite one went on my car today!:laugh:

DSC01221.JPG

Billy and I have reserved Cabin 7. It is a 4 bed cabin. Billy and I will stay in the two bedrooms, and we are looking for anybody interested in staying in the other two twin beds. If we split it four ways, it becomes dirt cheap for everyone.

Not only that, but you could get someone with a sleeping bag to room up there too, whatever it takes (if you guys are ok with it) We've got room for one more person as long as they've got a sleeping bag. I wanna try and keep everyone together without it being too uncomfortable, you know. No matter what, we'll make it work for everyone, even if they can't stay with us there, we can all hang out there though!

As for no I6, V10, or V12's in our group; October is a long way away. ;) Who knows, maybe I'll have a twin 2JZ swap! Dual straight 6's! :crazy:

Hector - is that goose gonna oversteer like crazy now?

From what I can tell no. I could get the car to oversteer with the stock bar: Go into corner hot, once the front starts to lose grip, let off the gas completely. Back end would rotate as long as I didn't mash on the gas. This was without the DSC on. But I can't drive with that off anyway...tried it both years on the Dragon: WHEEELLLLSPPPPIIIINNNN!!!! LOL

After my tests today I am VERY happy with it....and yes Billy it causes me to have great pleasure!

Cabin update part duex!

Cabin update part duex!

Todays update is as follows, there are 4 of the regular cabins left, #1 and 2 and #10 and 11 as well as the "bare bones" cabin. The bare bones one does have a bathroom and that's it, no heater or a/c but its cheap, $20.00 a night I believe but like I said, if you get 4 in there, its almost free:laugh:

I see the "who's going list" is growing by leaps and bounds, Gulfcat and her Cougar are making another appearance with us! Nice having a "professional" driver out with us, seriously!!!

no need for people to stay in the bare bones sheds...i mean cabins. We still have room for two in our large cabin with heat, cable, bathroom, shower and hot tub.

no need for people to stay in the bare bones sheds...i mean cabins. We still have room for two in our large cabin with heat, cable, bathroom, shower and hot tub.

Me, and two other guys would like to take you up on your offer, if possible. I have no problem sleeping on the floor. I'll PM you.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Ok Hanibal:laugh: Speaking of the A-team, our team is really adding to the list. I'm glad that Randy and Billy got Ken and his buddy to room up with them, but the "bare bones" cabin will come in handy, trust me, our list is up to 14 already, not counting the late comers, you know there coming too!

I'm going to call Dixie tomorrow to find out the status of the cabins as of tomorrow and will post what I find out. I really wanna stay ontop of this when the cabins are all booked up, this way we can move to plan B and yes, I too love it when a plan comes together:shrug:

Speaking of plans, I planned on getting more hp via stickers/emblems per Randy's idea, so here it is, an old Contour engine bay mod, created by yours truely and I think it looks pretty good in there!
img1278032264469.jpg

I also removed the insulator too, cleans things up nicely!
img1277734259223.jpg

Unfortunatly I've been reduced to a commuter car that's "FUN TO DRIVE", so to stay in the game I'm just trying to add very subtle things to the car to make it nicer. I'm going to be adding wheels and tires soon enough, that will make a BIG difference!

Back