• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

11/22 Hooters Meet, Saugus, MA

Provided this is still on for 2 I should be there. I'm looking to go back to school and there's a portfolio review that day in Boston from 9-2. But I don't see me having to be there the whole time.

If you are all up to meeting someone new, my friend and I might go to this...I posted a couple pics of both of our cars...

My T-Red 98
My friends 93 self built Cobra with 347 Stroker, Vortech, and Methane.

Attachments

• DSCN4281rev2.jpg
    DSCN4281rev2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2948.jpg
    DSCN2948.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
If you are all up to meeting someone new, my friend and I might go to this...I posted a couple pics of both of our cars...

My T-Red 98
My friends 93 self built Cobra with 347 Stroker, Vortech, and Methane.

I've seen that Mustang. Didn't he get sandwiched at light on Main St. a few months back? I was behind a van that crunched a Mustang pretty good at the light.

If he sandwiched it, he would still be crying...lol. A portagarage fell on top of his car last winter when he was in the Bahamas. He's really careful with that car unless we are getting onto 93 at Montvale heading North for a nighttime run, then he decides on letting the boost loose a little. Last dyno'd at around 600 horse to the rear wheels before he opened the exhaust a little more. I love that thing. He's usually at most of the shows around...FFW, Tasca, Word of Wheels, etc.

Your neighborhood looks somewhat familiar...Looks like the Robin Hood School area?

If he sandwiched it, he would still be crying...lol. A portagarage fell on top of his car last winter when he was in the Bahamas. He's really careful with that car unless we are getting onto 93 at Montvale heading North for a nighttime run, then he decides on letting the boost loose a little. Last dyno'd at around 600 horse to the rear wheels before he opened the exhaust a little more. I love that thing. He's usually at most of the shows around...FFW, Tasca, Word of Wheels, etc.

Your neighborhood looks somewhat familiar...Looks like the Robin Hood School area?

Yea. Behind Rapid Liquors.

So that was his that I saw? The hood got pushed pretty good but it sounded worse I guess. How'd it happen?

No, it wasn't him...The only mishap he has had on the road is about 8 years ago when his hood came flying off on the highway. You will only see him on dry days...no wipers, no HVAC. He babies that thing. You would def. remember him because you can hear the vortech from like a mile away.
This is a shot of my friends engine bay...took off this upper intake and recently put on a Holley Systemax is prob the only difference.

Attachments

• DSCN4110.jpg
    DSCN4110.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
1. Jason (bishop375)
2. Robin (the_robinator)
3. Mike (Cobra)
4. Kim (fbrew)
5. Coolest person ever (zorrex)
6. Laura
7. rouar
last and most definitely least. JScullin

I was planning to go to NYC with a few friends. It was rescheduled to December so I'm free to hang with you guys. :)

Good to see you're gunna show!

1. Jason (bishop375)
2. Robin (the_robinator)
3. Mike (Cobra)
4. Kim (fbrew)
6. Laura
7. rouar
8. Wannabe
last and most definitely least. JScullin. He doesn't even get a number.

looks like Jess and i will be able to make it!

1. Jason (bishop375)
2. Robin (the_robinator)
3. Mike (Cobra)
4. Kim (fbrew)
6. Laura
7. rouar
8. Wannabe
9. Redneck sheep fugger (Elky)
10. the sheep (Jess)
71. JScullin

unf unf
wings wings

btw, I hear there's a yummy donut place down there too.
Kane's I think. Anyone try them?
I'm considering buying a few as after-wing dessert or something. lol

I LOVE DONUTS. I want a chocolate creme filled SO badly...DD doesn't have them anymore :nonono:, and I'm too far from home to go to Donut Dip.

unf unf
wings wings

btw, I hear there's a yummy donut place down there too.
Kane's I think. Anyone try them?
I'm considering buying a few as after-wing dessert or something. lol

There used to be a Krispy Kreme right down the street on the corner of the Lynn Fells Parkway and US-1. No more, though. As for Kane's donuts, I hadn't even heard of them. They're not to be confused with Kane's Flower World in Danvers, which I have heard of.

I could do a donut cruise. What the heck? :cool:

Ok... looks like Kane's Doughnut House is in Saugus, and is pretty easy to get to from our house. If we use that as a stop between Hooters and our place, it will require some backtracking, which is pretty easy.

This should be a good time. :)

im gonna be a maybe at this point. i need to confer with my better half. if i do go wannabe you could go by my area if you went 84 to the pike. i am a short detour of 84.

Probably easiest just to shoot south out of Hooters and grab the Essex Street exit, heading east. That turns into Lincoln Ave., and runs right into Kanes Doughnut House.

US-1 is a fun road for those of you not familiar with it. It's way overdeveloped, so merging on and off can provide moments of excitement. I will likely be pulling onto it with my foot on the wood, if I take the boat. :cool: :laugh:

i used to go the long way home from the bar on saturday nights (sunday morning) just to drive by Krispy kreme in hopes that the hot donut light was on and i could get a free donut!

as for route 1 being fun...as much fun as getting your pecker caught in a mouse trap.
if your vehicle cant accelerate to 75 MPH in under 8 seconds, it can be ugly!

Back