• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

11/22 Hooters Meet, Saugus, MA

I was going to bring the Town Car. I don't think it breaks 11 to 60, much less 75. :laugh:

yeah..zetecs suck
:D

i always have fun if i am in the hearse trying to pull out onto that road.
every now and then i hit a cruise at fudruckers and leaving there is a nightmare.
but for a large vehicle it gets going pretty quick

yeah..zetecs suck

every now and then i hit a cruise at fudruckers and leaving there is a nightmare.
but for a large vehicle it gets going pretty quick and sideways with the tires spinning

fixed :laugh:

yeah..zetecs suck

but for a large vehicle it gets going pretty quick

One thing we have going for us is the size of the vehicles. At 24 feet, people have to get out of the way of the hearse. This also works for the Town Car, at 18 feet. :cool:

I generally don't like trying to merge onto 1 w/ the Vue. The 125hp or so combine w/ CVT doesn't make sor quick accel. either. Now... the 'Stang on the other hand... that's a different story.

I generally don't like trying to merge onto 1 w/ the Vue. The 125hp or so combine w/ CVT doesn't make sor quick accel. either. Now... the 'Stang on the other hand... that's a different story.

I cannot imagine that the Vue is very sprightly with that horsepower and its weight to pull around.

Probably easiest just to shoot south out of Hooters and grab the Essex Street exit, heading east. That turns into Lincoln Ave., and runs right into Kanes Doughnut House.

US-1 is a fun road for those of you not familiar with it. It's way overdeveloped, so merging on and off can provide moments of excitement. I will likely be pulling onto it with my foot on the wood, if I take the boat. :cool: :laugh:

ship-throttle.jpg

One thing we have going for us is the size of the vehicles. At 24 feet, people have to get out of the way of the hearse. This also works for the Town Car, at 18 feet. :cool:
people might get out of your way, but they go out of their way to cut me off!!!

people might get out of your way, but they go out of their way to cut me off!!!

I'm sure your hearse feels this way too, even more so, but the T-Car imbues a very secure feeling, one that you could probably plow your way through your fair share of stuff, not that I'd want to. Must be the huge hood and chrome bumpers. :cool:

yup, i have no fear of actually hitting anyone that cuts me off, except for the fact they would most likely die on impact while i will be able to drive a way.

7000 pounds of steel stack up pretty well compared to 2000 pounds of plastic, steel, and aluminum

By the way, I'm still working on the T-Cars tail vibration. Suspect warped wheel or balance way off, as U-joint checked out -- tight, no slop. Looking forward to getting this thing smooth. Have to replace a power steering pump at some point too -- you ever do that in the Vic?

heh ..
I noticed with my car that people see a Subaru and automatically assume I'm going to drive slow or accelerate 0-60 in 10 minutes. Never got this with any other car.
Yesterday on the highway I even saw a CT commuter start accelerating the second I put on my turn signal, to keep me from getting in front of him. (We were traveling the same speed, I moved left to avoid cars coming on the highway) I said screw you, got in the lane anyway and cut him off :)

Back