• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

State race!

State race!

It appears we've got a "state race" going on right now. FLA has 4, Mich has 4, Illinois has 2 (as of right now), this is funny:laugh: The home state should win though when it comes down to it, we'll see when we do our photo shoot. Speaking of that, wouldn't it be funny if we needed to start a second row this year!!!

Roger I've got a big box of stickers to throw on my car. But they'll all come off if I ever paint it for reals. I'm trying to get some Mishimoto sponsor decals; those guys are a great bunch. If Mishimoto makes a radiator for your car (Hector!) you should buy it post haste. I emailed them my cap leaked and they shipped one the next day.

It appears we've got a "state race" going on right now. FLA has 4, Mich has 4, Illinois has 2 (as of right now), this is funny:laugh: The home state should win though when it comes down to it, we'll see when we do our photo shoot. Speaking of that, wouldn't it be funny if we needed to start a second row this year!!!

Michigan will have more than 4. I count 7-8 people off the top of my head, but we'll have 5 cars. (Fiero, Ralliart, 240, Saab, Mirage)

I didn't even realize that we had two more from FL! I beat Randy by about 10 miles as the farthest south last year, but Lee County is a lot farther south than I am. That will be a long drive. So who will have the longest drive? Anybody going to beat my fellow Floridians?

If I end up being able to make it I'll have a good chance at winning long distance. In all likelihood I won't be leaving from FL :(

Ok, I spoke to Dixie today and the same amount of cabins are available to here's what we need to do, when you book your cabin please let us know what's available as of that day for the rest of us, thanks:cool:

I know we don't have anything on you guys in FLA on mileage, my drive from Detroit was about 625 miles and I believe Hectour told me its about the same from here in Chicagoland. Randy and Billy, how far do you guys end up driving to get there:confused: Yeah, you've got 2 more coming from FLA, but aren't you guys coming up a day early? I know Joe and his g/f and Ken and Dennis are planning on doing that, so you might wanna find out from the two girls with the Cougars if they wanna do that too.

BTW, Happy 4th of July to everyone;)

Actually, I just checked the mileage from where we're moving to and it's 1000 miles. Count me out I guess.

+1 for Illinois.

I asked for and received the days off from work. So, for now I am planning to go. I have my place reserved in Pigeon Forge as well (points I already paid for so no additional cash outlay), so I'll need to have a meeting point with the group somewhere between the skyway and the dragon. Also, I mentioned the trip to my brother-in-law and he is thinking about joining me in his C5 Corvette convertable. He needs to see if he can take the days off too.

Hey Chris, sucks about moving, especially from the "Sunshine State" to a state that gets alot of snow, but it can be fun if you know how to handle it! Look up TGO, he's a good guy and IIRC lives in the area. He also wants to run the Dragon with us too, so maybe you guys can have your own little caravan from the northeast.

Tigerbalm is looking to "bring the house" with him this year. Last year he brought out the flat black AE and he's supposed to be coming again, along with a stable of his buddies. Even if half of his crew show up it will be awesome!

It looks like we'll be stacking them deep with us this year at the cabins for sure. I know I've got room for one more in our cabin, so that would make 4 but I guess everyone has to find their level of comfort and go with that. I know this, 4 in our cabin brings the price down to about $55.00 per person for 3 nights, that's cheap. Its only a place to lay your head at night, wake up and use the bathroom, shower and be on your way, that's it. The way this years turning out it will be the largest run yet again and could be the cheapest too! You vets know this already, but if there's any noobs out there let me tell you this too, we're got PLENTY OF PARKING AT THE CABINS!!!! This isn't going to be a problem in the least bit.

I don't wanna rush summer along to quickly as last winter really sucked here in Chicago, but even more than last year....I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS YEARS RUN!

For your viewing pleasure!

For your viewing pleasure!

Some of you may or may not know Josh (SVTAslinger) but him, Eric and myself were the original guys to set up this run, the two of them have ALOT of experience out there and I was glad to meet them through the CEG and have them show me the ropes out there, thanks to them for sure:cool:

I know Josh will not be able to make it out there year and that sucks because this is what he's working on right now...
img1278216656711.jpg

img1278216654397.jpg

I'd love to see this view as it would be the lead car in our group for sure (well actually, I'd be waaaay in the back of the group where I belong in my current car)
img1278216655815.jpg

img1278216655007.jpg

Although he isn't running these wheels, I love the "vintage look", it really completes the package!
img1278216656256.jpg

I mean, we've got a couple monthes and maybe something will change and Josh can be our "grand marshall". The other thing is not only does he have to finish the car, but give it many "shakedown runs" too, we don't want that thing not right, especially out there:eek:

A vid of the car!

A vid of the car!

[video]http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z170/KlasseAct/?action=view&current=964cdf81.mp4[/video]

Sorry about the quality and sound of the vid, it was taken with my cellphone. It takes good pics, but not such good video, too bad because you should've heard that thing.....:drool::drool::drool:

Ok, I'd add some blue line tires to the mix, just to add to the vintage look. I'd really like to see the color scheme from the GT350 Mustang on the car, the very same white with blue, just for something different. Not trying to change Josh's mind, already tried that but I mean, heck, why would you listen to anyone when building your dream car, I just wanna see how it would look, anyone photoshop or find the pic?

Count me in! It would be nice if I talk the boss into letting me take the shop car. I drove it 700 miles on the power tour last month. Its a pro touring 70 camaro I built running a ls2, 4l80e 6 speed trans, G Max front and rear suspension. If not then the tour its is!

Hectour and I are discussing organizing things a bit and I really wanna hear some suggestions from everyone about this. The great thing about our run is that its pretty informal, but with the size of the group being what it is we wanna accomadate the majority of the group while keeping everyone happy, juggling isn't my strong suit, so all suggestions should be put on the table right now. Its early right now, yes, but being prepared is a good thing.

Last year we had times where everyone was looking at each other or me and it was hard to make a decision. I know I didn't help last year because my buddy and I were listening to the football game. I know there's enough people that have gone enough times that know there way around, while others are going to be new out there. I for one can show the noobs around because I have the slowest car and I'm not pulling away from anyone out there. I don't mind stopping and taking pics with them either. If the noobs feel more confident the next day, they can go out with someone else.

I'm not trying to split up groups or anything, far from it because we want everyone to feel "together", so suggestions from everyone is much appreciated, thanks everyone!

I really like the flaired wheel well arches for sure, the wheels are awesome and as far as the color goes, its just me but red and a sports car is too typical.

Thats a Superformance. Talking around $100K when its done. Wine will be around $35k and just as fast and built the way I want it. Roger, I looked at the Trigo wheels like the ones on that Daytona. $1000 just for the pin drive adapters and another $1400 for wheels, and they only come in 15". Thats crazy money for an original look and sub par handling.

Back