• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 6th annual Fall Dragon Run thread!

Less than 24 hours and I haven't done anything to get ready! Been so busy wrapping things up at work I haven't had a chance to do anything.

Tonight means:
wash car
tape car
make camera mount
pack
check air pressure in tires
check oil
get gas
get road snacks

All of this while I'm working late, and a very close friend is in town who I haven't seen in forever so we'll be going out to dinner tonight as well! I think I'll be up late guys. . . .

good luck to you. I realized I would have the same issue so I took today off. I am off to change my engine and trans oil and detail my car.

Things to remember for the trip

Things to remember for the trip

-Your 2-way radio

-
extra oil

-fix-a-flat

-your money

-your nerves

-check your brake fluid too guys!

things i still have to do

- Wash the car
- check tire pressure
- double check oil
- finish packing
- pack tools
- pack parts
- get money
- get gas
- pickup extra batteries

im currently testing out the car adapter that my dad helped me make for the camera (EE's FTW). ill probably also throw a pair of the E1s in the trunk just in case.

I've got to add some tire pressure myself. The stock psi is 38/38, but I go with 42/42 for the Dragon and add the psi in the morning when the tires are cold, but I might go a bit higher in the rear, maybe 44/46, gotta ask the "pros" here at work:rolleyes::laugh:

Pete, you might be on to something, but maybe we can get a current update on the premium shortage and/or lack of it from someone down there:idea: I might have to go back to Autozone and pick up some 104 octane boost and just to be on the safe side, maybe we should all fuel up in southern K.Y. somewhere. This will not help us once we get going on the Dragon though as mileage is "reduced" once your out there, trust me. My OBC was showing about 17 mpg last year and remember, I'm driving a MCS:crazy::crazy::crazy:

24 hrs from right now we'll be over half way there, enjoying the drive and getting in high 30's for mpg, what a way to travel!

Well, there is no problem getting premium here in Ky. I just filled up at 3.51. That's the lowest its been around here for a long time. Trey hasn't mentioned anything about not being able to get premium down there yet so i think we're probably OK. Hopefully he'll chime in a little later and let us know for sure.

Edit: As of September 30th there is plenty of gas in the area
TOTD.com said:
SEPTEMBER 30: We have plenty of gas in Robbinsville NC, at the Tallassee Store (6.5 miles north of the Dragon), and in Tellico Plains TN. Come on out and ride the Dragon & Cherohala Skyway !!

if anyone at all is going to have any room in their cabin post up here please. me and striker2 are trying to see if we can find room with any of you guys that way we can crash at the cabins instead of my house.

Maybe you guys should call Dixie and see if they have that cabin that sleeps 8 available, this way you guys, Pete and Hector and his Dad can split the price of that cabin:shrug:

Well I'm off of work now and just waiting for my g/f to come down here and meet me for dinner, see its been raining all day and I just washed my car and I need the road to dry up:eek::crazy::laugh: Its all about time management! Speaking of that, I was thinking about something I posted earlier. IMO Friday night is the only night we can really run the Dragon at night, so it might make more sense for us to run Trey's route, hang out, maybe find another one while we're out there, get some lunch, come back to the cabin and hang out or whatever and then head out to the slay the Dragon at nightime around 10:00 p.m. or so, what do you guys think about that:shrug:

24 hours from right now we will be there but in 12hrs I'll be getting on the road to head down there, may God look over all of us while we're heading down there as well as while we're there and a safe trip back to our homes! Looking forward to see you guys again and meeting the new guys!

Just detailed the car and packed the car cleaning supplies/chairs. Just need to get the clothes packed and in the car, program the GPS, make sure everything is in the car.

BTW I will be bringing a 24 pack of Ice Mountain. Anyone need a bottle of water, just ask!

I might do a quick detail. Roger, what time should I meet you at JD's? 5 or 6 am?

Please be there by 5:45 a.m., I plan on leaving my apt around 5:15 a.m. to get there by that time. BTW Pete if you have a 2-way radio, bring it and if you don't, I have an extra one.

Hectour, don't forget your camera, its up to you and other to document the trip as I don't have my camera and/or my own PC right now:shrug::eek::cry:

Everyone else...SEE YAH TOMORROW!

had daniel call earlier and supposedly they are all booked up. I dont know if anything can be worked out when we get there or not. If not no biggie. Me an Daniel will stay at the house.

Dan, if you guys want to split up, you can stay in our room and Trey can stay in someone else's room or vise versa. :shrug:

Dan, if you guys want to split up, you can stay in our room and Trey can stay in someone else's room or vise versa. :shrug:
That would be awesome, hopefully there is room for one more in another cabin for one of us. Hector, dont forget to give me a call when you get on I64 in Louisville (basically as you cross the bridge into Ky) so i have time to get to Shelbyville. I'm not sure what kind of mileage you get in the MS3 but i can make it down to Treys on a tank of gas and i was able to make it home from Chicago on a tank, so if you fill up in Shelbyville when we meet you should be able to make it down there.

Trey also told me earlier that gas was $3.59 for premium near his place so if anyone wants to top off then he could join us there.

What a day. Wayyyy to busy, and I still have to pack! At least the car is ready:

photo-1.jpg

Back