• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 6th annual Fall Dragon Run thread!

Changed the oil last week, put in a new drivers axle and DMD yesterday, and the car is sitting apart waiting for the new LCAs to get here today from Bill Jenkins. ill be washing and waxing it next week, getting an alignment, and then I will be ready to go. cant wait till Thursday.

Changed the oil last week, put in a new drivers axle and DMD yesterday, and the car is sitting apart waiting for the new LCAs to get here today from Bill Jenkins. ill be washing and waxing it next week, getting an alignment, and then I will be ready to go. cant wait till Thursday.
im about to do the same to mine daniel!:crazy:

I just waxed mine last week. It will need another wash and quick detail, the interior needs to be vacuumed, check the oil and tire pressure, I'm going to tape off the front, and I'll be ready.

I'll probably bring some octane boost in case we can't find premium. The Si's 11:1 compression might not like the regular stuff too much.

I just waxed mine last week. It will need another wash and quick detail, the interior needs to be vacuumed, check the oil and tire pressure, I'm going to tape off the front, and I'll be ready.

I'll probably bring some octane boost in case we can't find premium. The Si's 11:1 compression might not like the regular stuff too much.

Toululene is probably a better alternative to that crap they sell at auto parts places. I haven't done a ton of research on it, BUT I have used in friend's cars in the past with no negative results. :eek:

So the Civic guys that were just there haven't mentioned any problems in the Dragon area, but they said getting there just be sure to stop outside of the major metro areas. They also recommended not waiting until you're really empty before looking. Truck stops seem to have more supply, as they have more storage and a lower percentage of people looking for gas (mainly diesel).

I've been watching the news, and while there are still shortages, it seems it is getting a bit better. I'm not overly worried about it.

I'll really only need the octane boost while we're on the run (higher RPMs), I don't think low grade will be much of a problem while cruising. It's really only an "if all else fails" measure. Maybe a dumb idea, I don't know.

what is everyone else going to do? I'm not the only one with this problem. . .

Are you guys just going to live with it?

Tires checked, oil changed, etc. Need to vacuum the car out, make sure I have some car cleaning supplies, pack, etc. Getting antsy!:crazy:

Bill J accidentally sent me 4 bolt arms instead of 2 bolt arms. the correct ones should be here tomorrow. The new bolts did come with the arms though. :laugh::crazy:

should have kept them and ordered more 2 bolts you could have made some money on those! They arent cheap lol.

For those of us making the long freeway trip

For those of us making the long freeway trip

Its probably a good idea to get a good coat of wax on the car, especially the front. I've added a coat of wax to my car last week and even used caranuba because the weather is getting cooler. I plan on hitting the quarter carwash right by the BP station quite a bit, forget about the touch-free wash, well, maybe one good one there, but that's about it.

4 MORE DAYS, ALMOST TIME TO START THE HOUR COUNTDOWN!!!

fuel filter, plugs, wires, fuel pump, kdw2's on 17's, and some other things are on standby awaiting install or on the way to get put in on thursday. Lots to do:crazy:

got the LCAs and axle installed yesterday, feels like a new car :drool: ill get it aligned and double check the torque on the axle nut tomorrow. probably wash and wax the car this afternoon and clean out the interior as well. ill buy a big pack of batteries for the camera so i can take lots of in car video, unless i can find a car adapter for the camera.

Trey, do you need me to bring any tools to help out on Thursday?

got the LCAs and axle installed yesterday, feels like a new car :drool: ill get it aligned and double check the torque on the axle nut tomorrow. probably wash and wax the car this afternoon and clean out the interior as well. ill buy a big pack of batteries for the camera so i can take lots of in car video, unless i can find a car adapter for the camera.

Trey, do you need me to bring any tools to help out on Thursday?
anything you can bring would be helpful. my building is a wreck from doing all the work i have already to this thing lol. Trying to get the house cleaned up for when you get here and it isnt near clean right now lol:crazy: Did you manage to get the latches out for me? tool wise I havent done a pump on one of these cars so if you know the easy way then bring whatever

Looks like there will be a great crowd this year and plenty of different cars.

Sorry I'll be missing this one... :cry:

Watch out on the Tennessee side, they're cracking down.

Sorry your not able to come out this year, it was nice meeting you and your wife a couple years ago and yes, the variety of cars this year is awesome:cool: I sent the tail of the dragon website an email about us because I wasn't sure if anyone else did, so it might be up on their calender sometime this week. Make sure those of you with cameras bring them and use them...ALOT! I don't have a camera anymore, or my own computer for that matter, so my usual stories under the pics are on hold for awhile:rolleyes:

3 DAYS TO GO, HURRY UP ALREADY!!!

Back