• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 6th annual Fall Dragon Run thread!

That would be awesome, hopefully there is room for one more in another cabin for one of us. Hector, dont forget to give me a call when you get on I64 in Louisville (basically as you cross the bridge into Ky) so i have time to get to Shelbyville. I'm not sure what kind of mileage you get in the MS3 but i can make it down to Treys on a tank of gas and i was able to make it home from Chicago on a tank, so if you fill up in Shelbyville when we meet you should be able to make it down there.

Trey also told me earlier that gas was $3.59 for premium near his place so if anyone wants to top off then he could join us there.
I get on average 30 MPG on the highway so I think I am good.:laugh: Can't wait!:cool:

well, i made it home. ill be uploading pics tomorrow along with working on putting some good music to the Dragon run and hopefully uploading it.

this weekend was great, great turnout and it was much better than last year.

I made it back about 2 hours ago. Made good time but am tired. I have to get my videos up to. . . probably not until tomorrow.

No tape peeled off on the way home, and I'm chip free. Laugh all ya want, it's worth it.

Glad everyone has made it home ok so far. I had a blast driving/hanging out with all you guys. Countdown to next year now!:crazy:

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED UP:cool: I'm going to make a post over in pics and video, but anyone who's ready to load their pics, please let us know here first, this way I can make the post up with a notice about where to put ALL the pics, this way they're all in one spot for everyone to look at instead of 5 or more different posts.

It was a blast! It was good seeing/meeting Trey, Pete, Billy, Randy, John, Jason, Dan, Chris, Roger, Eric....

Everything was well organized, well executed and made this the best Dragon Run to date!

My dad enjoyed himself. He has never been to anything like this. He couldn't stop talking about this trip.:cool:

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED UP:cool: I'm going to make a post over in pics and video, but anyone who's ready to load their pics, please let us know here first, this way I can make the post up with a notice about where to put ALL the pics, this way they're all in one spot for everyone to look at instead of 5 or more different posts.
Roger, I already started a post in Pics and Vids. everyone can post their pics there.

Dragon Run 2008

I just found this place, its run by the same people that run TOTD.com. If we wanted to stay closer to the Dragon next year so we could go up and run the Devils triangle easier this might be an option. having ~10 people in any one of them puts the cost about the same as staying at Caney Creek. If we have enough people we could rent out 2 of them as they are all within walking distance of each other. see what you guys think as there is plenty of time to figure it out.

http://www.thetreetops.com/

Good find Dan, is that the one that's $200 a night, I didn't check it out:shrug:

Pete, I may be going down there in the spring for the MOTD (MINI's on the Dragon), so I'll keep you posted.

I forgot to do something but...

I forgot to do something but...

...I posted earlier about collecting money for Dixie because she lost her Mom while we were booking our cabins, but I felt wierd about asking everyone because for alot of you it was your first time down there, so I left her a "tip" for taking care of me, did anyone else do anything (you don't have to say what you did either) and btw, noone is going to be mad at you if you didn't do anything either, I'm just curious:shrug:

Back