• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #2219 Build Thread/ rejuvination

Holy ••••, Lee. The paint came out great on the drivers side. Keep it that clean for this weekend so I can get some shots of it!

Had a small photo shoot with a few other cegers today. Pics turned out great. They made me realize a few small details about the car that need taken care of and also motivated me to work on it a bit. Got the front rotors mounted up tonight, need to go and get some washers to space the fsvt brackets out a little then it can go back together tomorrow.
Also bought a xcal 2 that has a custom mail order tune that fits most of my current mods. Need to get some 24lb injectors since I threw mine away from my old 3l swap then all else should be good for a base line tune till I can get some dyno time.

Current list of mods that need install but own.

Xcal2 w/ tune
Msds headers
Optimized ypipe
300mm front d/s brake kit, 278 rear d/s brake kit
SS goodridge brake lines
pre 98 diff with new bearings
SVT cams
OMP front strut bar
Projector headlights
Carbon fiber overlaid fiberglass eyelids(need made yet)
weaponr coolant and p/s tanks, maybe??
Mustang 65mm throttle body
CAI version 2
TURBO??? Bought a turbo and started toying with the idea and picking up parts here and there. Not 100% sold on the idea yet, but time will tell.

Alot of this will take place at once when I pull the motor to replace gaskets and seals and to paint and dress up the engine bay. This winter for sure, maybe sooner If I find some help for a few weekends. 12mpg in my truck means I am not dd it and need the contour durring busy season.

A few pics of todays shot.

Always like the mirror shot so naturally this is my favorite.

sidemirror..jpg

bridge4..jpg

bridge3..jpg

bridge1..jpg

bridge2..jpg

Thanks to 95_mystique for taking the pics. Appreciate it.

Front brake kit is on. Looks great but the wheels still make the rotors look small.

Rotors are r1concepts drilled/slotted/zinc coated, caliper brackets are Focus svt, Calipers are contour svt, and pads are napa brand for a focus svt.

IMG_20130603_125240&.jpg

IMG_20130603_130921&.jpg

IMG_20130603_130915&.jpg

Everything is turning out great! The brake kit looks fine the way it is too.

If you are really itching for a bigger brake kit, PM me for my used BAER 13" kit with new drilled/slotted/zinc rotors.

Thanks for the offer joe but not looking to spend any more big chunks of money on this car unless I decide to actually build the turbo kit that im pieceing together.

Not much for updates lately but was playing for a few minutes with the idea of using these weaponR power steering and coolant tanks I got in a trade for some parts car parts over the winter, since noone else wants them. Got the coolant tank out and cleaned it up and gave it a quick polish on top. Then added the Form & Function decal. What you all think?

IMG_20130608_124412&.jpg

IMG_20130608_124420&.jpg

As for these things blowing up. (from the look of the welds its no wonder) I ordered the valve below which will relieve pressure at 15psi which should keep the thing from causing damage to itself. Time will tell how that works. I plan on tapping into the tank on the backside toward the top by the cap with an 90deg elbow then the valve then a nipple.

91015805_L..jpg

Worked on the eyelids a bit here and there yesterday and today and got them to where they are in the pics below. Sofar they are 2 layers of fiberglass. After some shaping and smoothing the Top layer is going to be carbon fiber. Never worked with carbon fiber so depending on the results they will end up paint matched to the car.

IMG_20130610_213955&.jpg

IMG_20130610_213949&.jpg

IMG_20130610_214001&.jpg

Also finally after 3 weeks of waiting the brake lines are in. Hopefully this will motivate me to finish the rear brackets so I can install these all the way around and bleed them off good.

IMG_20130610_214059&.jpg

Havent had much time to work on the svt lately with working on my truck and also a buddys car. Last weekend I decided to lower the resting spot for the front coilovers allowing me to go lower in the front. Also rolled the fenders to make room for the tires, and installed the front ss brake lines.

Also had a moment of stupidity on tuesday this past week. After heavy flooding rain monday night roads were blocked off everywhere for me to get to my job. Ended up running late and came to a road that wasnt closed but was flooded slightly. I took the chance and lost. 6" of water and my intake acted like a straw and flooded it out. I was expecting the worse. Got it towed home pulled the plugs and dried here out. Started it up and she ran like a champ with a little white smoke. Drained the oil which had a bit of water in it. Ran it with some cheap oil at idol for 45 min and changed the oil again with good oil. Drove it to work the rest of the week and then put 500 miles between yesterday and today and she seems happy.

pics

IMG_2690..JPG

Showing how low I Could possibly go. Its about an inch and a quarter highter than this though.
IMG_2691..JPG

IMG_2694..JPG

IMG_2695..JPG

IMG_2698..JPG

man im so anxious to get a house and a garage of my own. I would seriously LOVE to do everything you have done to yours as far as suspension and brakes plus the lights of course

Long time with no update. Working crazy hours trying to get state work done before the oct 15 deadline and getting ready for my third daughter who will be here tuesday am at the latest.

Not much done to the car lately other than fender mods and lowering the rear, and installing a gauge pod and gauges which arent hooked up, and a nice steering wheel off one of the parts cars. Still lots of acquiring parts that hopefully will get to go onto the car one day. Picked up a turbo downpipe off of 2000zxt which will in time be installed on the car with a load of other nesiccary parts that I need to finish getting but that takes time and money, neither of which I have alot of. Also got a Fsvt Fuel pump to throw on now in preperation of the turbo kit.

Today I got a set of redline tunning elite hood strut kit in teh mail which has really focused my attention to getting the engine bay dressed up and throwing in most of the parts Ive been waiting to install for when I pull the motor. Which leads me to deciding to try my hand at powder coating. I plan to get the eastwood hotcoat gun with a few choice pc colors for my scheme, and pick up a free or cheap oven off craigslist. Have a feeling if I am successfull It will lead to further tear down of the car and dressing her up some more. Heres some pics of the parts and progress.

IMG_2745..JPG

IMG_2789..JPG

IMG_2788..JPG

Current stance. Finished Eyelids. No Carbon fiber(failed at that) so paint matched.

ephrata meet..jpg

That turbo piping looks different from the NPG kit. I don't actually remember what the ADC kit looked like... where is that from?

Also I would strongly recommend checking on the 15psi relief pressure. I can't remember what the OEM cap is rated for off the top of my head. But you want to make sure that the pressure is allowed to get up to what the OEM cap was rated for in our application. This will allow the system to function correctly. The whole purpose for the tank being pressurized is so that it provides positive pressure at the water pump, which prevents it from cavitating. Cavitation in your cooling system is very bad, and is a major contributor to water pumps failure.

If your just after the looks I would have a stainless sheet bent up to provide a cover for your OEM shunt tank.

EDIT: Looks like 17psi is where it is at.

http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/10251-radiator-cap-stant/adCVhiknoy4N

Last edited:
He said... 2000zxt made it.

Well actually all I read was...

...Picked up a turbo downpipe off of 2000zxt which will in time be installed on the car with a load of other nesiccary parts that I need to finish getting but that takes time and money, neither of which I have alot of...

So he bought it from 2000zxt, I didn't see anywhere where it stated he made it. However that would make sense.

Yeah that was my old turbo Y-pipe and downpipe that I made a long long time ago. Glad to see it will go to good use. Car looks great.

Not much of an update for parts actually going on the car as usuall. Still just stock piling. Was on ebay one night and found some baer brackets and mounts. Put in the minimum bid and was the only bidder. So for the past few weeks ive been gathering the rest of the parts needed.
Heres the brake down of what i have into the 13" front kit.
Baer brackets and mounts - $112 shipped
Front right PBR reman caliper with bracket - $75 shipped then sold the bracket I didnt need on ebay for $89 after shipping lol.
Front left PBR reman caliper no bracket - $79 shipped
Power stop cobra rotors and ceramic pad kit - $160 shipped
SS brake lines and hub spacers from Baer - $147 shipped (more than I was hoping.)
Total - $484

Heres some pics. Need to powdercoat the calipers smoked chrome yet and drill the rotors. Got a spare hub ready to drill the rotors just waiting on the hub spacers from baer.

1797490_73783259292&.jpg

1975187_73957303274&.jpg

1654193_73957297941&.jpg

1654530_73783262292&.jpg

Also made the decision to sell the cf cowl hood. Pending sale the third week of march as of now. I needed a new welder and the hood will fund most of that. Hopefully pulling the engine soon to put all these parts Ive been collecting on.

Back