• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #2219 Build Thread/ rejuvination

you bought another SVT?

The T-Green is looking great so far!

Yeah. Havent paid for it yet. Have till friday. Won an aution svttour posted on the all svts go to heaven thread. Its the one from pittsburg. Still arguing with the wife about it. Doesnt want me taking the $$ out of the savings for it. lol. Selling off wheels and stuff to make some quick cash. I havent seen it in person but From the looks of it It just needs a rear bumper a few doors and a fender. So I may salvage it. Will see.

Finally got an alignment and New tires mounted on wednesday(1/23/13). Also swapped over some parts from the parts car (drivers floor mat, armrest, trunk with spoiler, and a few other small odds and ends.). Going to be using the hood, front seats, carpet, drivers inner door panel, headliner and sunroof slider from the parts car.
I originally planned on keeping this car simple but like most of you I just cant do that. After going over board on suspension and wheel/tires setup. I now plan on pulling the motor to replace all gaskets and seals and paint the engine and trans and clean up the engine bay. Also picked up a set of msds headers and going to optimize a ypipe for myself. Just need to finish parting this car out and gut a bathroom in the house and redo it then i can start the fun.

Been doing small things to the car here and there lately as i get the chance. Installed a dash clock with pats the last week then the other day intstalled a led so I actually illuminates, also swaped in my good alpine head unit out of my truck into it. Then yesterday I installed the seats from the parts car.

Today I was able to swap in the rear trunk lift struts from the parts car, and replaced the drivers rear strut mount with a new one to stop the horrible creaking noise it had. While I had the rear in the air I threw on the 1/4" wheel spacers. Still need to do the fronts but actually made a noticable difference in looks. Good slow progress i suppose.

Nice to hear it's coming along. Unfortunately I cant make it over this weekend to help with the parts car motor pull. We've had an employee stop showing up to work and I got stuck with his week on call. :blackeye:

Along with pulling parts off the parts car I was able to get to work figuring out how to go about these projectors. Pretty sure I have it figured out now. Just need to pick a set of good housings and get to work on them. Not going to be going with the hightowered look on this car. That was for my old car that I never finished but it was there and had broken tabs so I figured it was a good one to sacrafice for mockup

2013-02-17_16-46-26&.jpg

2013-02-16_15-39-38&.jpg

2013-02-16_15-39-24&.jpg

2013-02-17_16-46-35&.jpg

Also waing on bezels and also ordered hids for the low beam.

Beautiful day out today gave me a good bit of motivation. Was able to Get the headlights seperated a few nights ago so I got one all but mocked up. And another one well on its way. Also cut up a brand new non oem front oval and put mesh in it. Also got my rear mesh cut out and ready to paint. Still not 100% sure on paint for the mesh on the oval. The outer oval will be green along with plastic eyelids. For now prob gonna do all mesh in satin black.

Also bought(yet to recieve) a ss trubends/magnaflow 2.5" exhaust to go along with the headers and optimized ypipe. Just waiting to hear from the member on the exhaust that I paid for well over a week ago.:shrug:

Now for the good stuff. Dont have any polished up lenses yet so youll have to imagine it

2013-03-09_22-03-26&.jpg

2013-03-09_22-03-16&.jpg

2013-03-09_21-32-43&.jpg

2013-03-09_21-32-34&.jpg

2013-03-09_21-32-23&.jpg

I'm glad my cougar came with projectors. Thats all gonna look sweet when its done, good work man!

Thanks ^^.

Made a little progress today. Finished cleaning all the old glue/sealer out of the bezels and off the lenses. Also Took some time seeing how they aimed and also hooked up the hids for a few seconds. Overall very happy with how they look and cant wait to see it all come together. After hooking up the hids in the drivers side I think 6000k is more blue than I wanted so that may change down the road but for now ill run them.

2013-03-10_14-54-21&.jpg

2013-03-10_14-50-53&.jpg

Stock sylvania bulb
2013-03-10_20-39-55&.jpg

6000k Hid
2013-03-10_20-50-09&.jpg

This test also helped me figure out my adjustment. Tomorrow is supposed to get to the low 60s so if the kids let me work a little I should have some good progress.

HIDs can be annoying with the color, it varies between brands too. I have 4500K in the cougar and the truck from DDM and they are pretty white, still a hint of blue. When I was installing them in the truck at my buddies house, he pulled out a bulb to show me what a good high dollar one looks like and it was pure white, made my 4500K look extremely blue next to it.

Anyways awesome job, I personally like the look of the black inside the housing, but the way your doing it will make the projector swap look stock and super clean. Cant wait to see it done!

Thanks ^^.

Made a little progress today. Finished cleaning all the old glue/sealer out of the bezels and off the lenses. Also Took some time seeing how they aimed and also hooked up the hids for a few seconds. Overall very happy with how they look and cant wait to see it all come together. After hooking up the hids in the drivers side I think 6000k is more blue than I wanted so that may change down the road but for now ill run them.

I think you'll enjoy it. I have 6000k in my projectors, and I absolutely love it. Now I just put 8000k in my fogs.. and it makes the low-beams look yellow. It's weird. Relativity is everything.

solo, did you use any other parts then cougar/contour parts to finish off your retrofit? Looks like there is shrouds in the last images but not in your mock up...

Im thinking of doing this, but this is one area I haven't explored much.

Yeah. They are bezels that I picked up off ebay for $13 a pair. It takes lots of trimming and testing then trimming and testing and so on. I think they really help the look. They clip right onto the bezel and for final install they say to use a glue or sealer to make sure they stay on. There isnt much room on the highbeam so It was a real pain to make them fit, so a smaller 2.5" projector would go a long way.

Well been working to my only bathroom since last tuesday and since it is our only one and I was gutting It all my attention has been to it. I did get a little time to work on the projectors and do a few other parts to sell. Now I got the projectors ready to seal. Looking for input on weather to hightower or not. My buddy says do the black I say chrome (probably whats gonna happen). Still taking it in trying to decide. Pics to help you see what Im seeing.

IMG_20130320_164056&.jpg

IMG_20130320_164050&.jpg

IMG_20130320_164042&.jpg

Also got this in today for the car. Need to weld in some ss tube to bring the tips to contour width and cut the tips on less of an angle.

IMG_20130322_155452&.jpg

Little progress of late still. Did just finish painting and clearing my front oval and plastic eyelids so the oval should be on by tomorrow. Eyelids will go on when the projectors go on. Tonight I have to take apart another headlight to get the lens off it because the one I started polishing had spider web cracks all thoughout it. Then I can seal up them and install them by next weekend for a car show on the 6th.
Today I got these in the mail.

IMG_20130329_143325&.jpg

IMG_20130329_143339&.jpg

IMG_20130329_143644&.jpg

IMG_20130329_143650&.jpg

CSVT front rotors for the rear and FSVT rotor for the front. Cant wait to make some brackets and get these installed. Gonna look great behind the eaps.

Back