• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #2219 Build Thread/ rejuvination

I dont track. The car is just a dd for me that I like to play with. I bought them off a member. He got them from npg which from what I can find from the part number are r1concepts blanks that were then drilled and slotted? Seem to be very well made and are shiney :) .

Nevermind just found the drilled and slotted on r1concepts so they are r1concepts e-line drilled and slotted.

Nice! R1concepts are good stuff. Do they still offer cryo treated? I ran a set of their drilled/slotted disks that I had cryo treated at a different facility on my CTS-V. Loved them.

Threw together the projectors and threw the mirko on to take it to for a drive to check out a car show. Really like the projectors. Need to seal them up then install them for good. Then do some body work on the mirko so it can be paintmatched.

IMG_20130406_125048&.jpg

IMG_20130406_130214&.jpg

Thanks guys. Got a new(to me) set of 18's today of craigslist for a steal. Wheels are tsw Kyalami 18" x 8", and the only other set ive seen on a contour are on LUCA's old car. The tires are shot and the wheels arent perfect but a little elbow grease and they cleaned up well. Two of them have some decent curbing that could be mostly sanded out but then I would have to respray the whole wheel so Im contemplating satin black over the whole wheel. I like the polished lip but cant duplicate it after making repairs. ON to the pics

Worst condition wheel(curbing on edge of lip)
DSC02714..JPG

DSC02709..JPG

DSC02711..JPG

DSC02710..JPG

Also droped the rear a half inch or so and the droped the fronts to their lowest posible spot. Looks like ill be removing the spring perch welds so i can lower the coilover sleve down and get more drop.
DSC02716..JPG

Eap's are all but sold. Shopping for tires for the new 18's. Need some input on tire size. The tires pictured are 225 40 18. I like the look of them and no rub issues but for $40 cheaper a set I can get a better brand tire in a 215 35 18. Will that be too much stretch on a 8" wide wheel for what I'm after? How much ride quality am I sacrificing to save a few bucks?

Got the new tires installed and put the wheels on thursday. Settled on the 225 40 18. Had to raise the rear up a half inch to keep from rubbing but after some fender modifications that will be going back down. Also picked up a Carbon fiber cowl hood today. Got a pretty decent deal on it but it needs some work. It has a heavy spot of gel coat that is popping out and badly yellowed and the rest of the hood is also faded. Gonna try to make clear again so any tips will be great. For now gonna just wetsand in a few stages then polish and see what happens. If i cant get it where im happy with it then I will paint match it.

IMG_20130427_135906&.jpg

IMG_20130427_135857&.jpg

IMG_20130427_135914&.jpg

Ugly spot of the carbon weave
IMG_20130427_135928&.jpg

Thanks Ted.
Got a good days work in (while watching the kids). Took the front bumper off to make some lower mesh and make up a cold air intake. While I had the bumper off I Pounded on the fender mounting points which were tweaked which left the bumper and fender seam not the greatest looking. Also sanded and buffed out the fogs. Got the front lower mesh done primered, painted and installed. Have to reinstall the bumper tomorrow morning. Pretty happy with version one of the intake. Have some tweaks to be made and going to replace the weapon r mid pipe that was there with one of my own when I pull the motor in the future and replace the cheap filter with a k&n at that time also. Happy to stop drawing hot air out of that engine bay though. Also filed down some smoked audi side markers I picked up and pulled the one 24v badge to see how well it would work/look, and pulled off the drivers door ding guard.

Tomorrow have to reinstall bumper, install audi side markers, and pull off the rest of the door ding gaurds and remove the adhesive.

IMG_20130427_205629&.jpg

IMG_20130427_205644&.jpg

IMG_20130427_163344&.jpg

IMG_20130427_163337&.jpg

Finished up removing door ding guards off the drivers side and got some audi markers installed on both sides.

Pics after a wash today.

IMG_20130430_165919&.jpg

IMG_20130430_165926&.jpg

spent some time this weekend with my new porter cable 7424xp and got the hood roof and drivers side paint corrected the best I can. Long process but well worth it.

Heres a pic of what it got. Also picked up a gallon of griots garage speed shine, Griots clay, Groits microfiber towels, Griots car wash, and A few spray bottles.

IMG_20130522_145257&.jpg

Here is the passenger side front door as of today after a Wash with the griots car wash.

IMG_20130526_141849&.jpg

And the drivers side drivers door.

IMG_20130526_141836&.jpg

And the whole drivers side.

IMG_20130526_193445&.jpg

Overall very happy with how well it turned out. The roof has some damage that cannot be fixed without a respray and really the whole car could use it. Not sure what im going to do about that. More than likely just live with it.

Thanks guys. John the product I used is in my hood refresh thread i dont remember off the top of my head.

Today I pulled my exhaust and finally put on the trubendz exhaust I picked up off a cougar member. Had to weld in about 4.75" SS piping to each end to extend the exhaust tips out to the svt bumper cut outs. Also had to weld some different mounts on to reach the original muffler mount bushings.

Not too crazy about the slant in the tips or the diameter so that may change at some point. Also sofar not crazy about the sound so that may also change. (then again I really havent heard and 2.5 duratec that I has blown me away in sound with an exhaust)

IMG_20130526_145547&.jpg

IMG_20130527_195624&.jpg

IMG_20130527_195615&.jpg

IMG_20130527_195633&.jpg

Back