• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sean's CSVT #5906 Build Thread !

Thanks. I might give the NRG one a try, see if it doesn't need a spacer. A bit cheaper too

Does NRG have a Contour specific hub? If it's a focus, it may need a spacer, but that's pure speculation based on what needed to be done to mine.

I currently have my airbag disconnected and the light flashes at me 3 times every 3 seconds or so.

This never happened to me. It was either on, or off. Never flashed at me while I had it on.

They have one for the Focus. I don't think a Contour specific hub exists, at least from the name brands.

http://new.getnrg.com/products/quick-release-kits/short-hub/srk-175h

Why do you need a spacer with the Focus hubs?

Ok ill try to explain it the easiest way i can....basically...when the hub gets put onto the steering shaft, the shaft end isnt flush with the inside of the hub, so when you bolt the steering wheel bolt down, it tightens down to the shaft but since the hub isnt flush, it can wiggle around. So what i did was got a thick washer and used an air dremel to enlarge the hole, so it was bigger then the shaft and the bolt would tighten down to that, pushing the hub tight against the shaft and securing it

Pic update! First off, my Sparco hub + suede wheel! Todays job will be to modify the plastic panels to go over the hub :)

485865_10151555048755724_655925723_24035675_1665953207_n.jpg

522912_10151555083525724_655925723_24035775_1831798745_n.jpg

Then, I got my custom plates in...........its official now! 5906 is MONSTOUR! ...Also, lowered my coils some more :D

480178_10151554503395724_655925723_24033446_348878241_n.jpg

I also installed my endlinks, but no photos of that done.... im basically tucking half tire in the rear and just under half tire in the front, daily driven with the mirko :p

Just saw this now.. sounds like a friggen plan! Btw, whenever you get it tuned, I'm tagging along. I'd actually like to get my Mazda Poo on a dyno just to see numbers, and compare it to other 2's that have been dyno'd. Feel free to laugh as much as you want when it's on there haha

Just saw this now.. sounds like a friggen plan! Btw, whenever you get it tuned, I'm tagging along. I'd actually like to get my Mazda Poo on a dyno just to see numbers, and compare it to other 2's that have been dyno'd. Feel free to laugh as much as you want when it's on there haha

lolol will do, should be interesting to see what numbers it will make. and i want to hear my car on the dyno !

Wow, okay. So its been a loooong time since I've posted anything here................so from what i can remember, heres my latest updates...

First off, last night marked the end of my 2 year search for a carbon fiber cowl hood! Drove 1.5hrs to swap my OEM CF hood + eyelids for the cowl. My car will be receiving new eyelids/brows this week, and the only issue with the cowl is the clearcoat is faded to hell, but it doesnt concern me. Im going to test a few things out, and my last option is to give it to my buddy who owns a bodyshop and he will refinish it for me.

Then I decided it was time for some audio, it sucks with no bass ya knowww! So I picked up a Bassworx ported dual 12" box that clears my RSTB, and threw some MTX subs in there with a 1500w mono American Bass 100.1 amp. Much better.

And finally.....to the bad....I've snapped 5 wheelstuds in the last 3 weeks, all on my driver front wheel. Turns out my strutmount there is also toasted, and is squeaking like no tomorrow. So got 2 brand new mounts and its being installed as we speak. Im hoping this fixes my wheelstud issue, im tired of snapping 2 studs at once and veryyyyy slowllllyyyyy driving the car to my friends shop to get them replaced.

Still on the hunt for some stock parts to finish off my interior, and new wheels. Oh, and a CF trunk.

Ok so I guess I can give a bit of an update lol..........

Wheelstuds were breaking because of the front strutmounts...they basically fell apart when removed from the car lol. So I installed 2 brand new mounts and new stock studs once again, voila no more broken studs! *knock on wood*

But what i noticed was a weird heavy vibration upon steering right....straight or left was fine but once i steered right it shook like a mother. Well that problem was found last week when I took the car for a little drive and snapped my driver D2 coilover strut. Turned out the aftermarket camber plates i had on the car werent staying TQ'd down and kept coming loose, very fast..so yeah, it had tonns of play in it and boom, bye bye strut.

So as my car sits now, its in my driveway sitting for the last 2.5 weeks or so when this all happened. But i have more...

I found a buyer for my 19s, as I have been trying to sell or trade them to go back to a smaller wheel so I can track my car. Problem was, he wanted them yesterday, and I have yet to find new wheels....so onto bricks she went. So now shes in the driveway with no driver front suspension, and all 4 up on bricks lol. Anyways, met up with this guy yesterday and he bought them on the spot so that was nice...then to my favour, someone called me to let me know they still had a set of FSVTs for sale with brand new tires...and I could pick them up ASAP...so off I went in the total opposite direction of where i was to pick them up lol.

Then today I dropped them off to be re-balanced and cleaned up...drove to Ford and picked up my factory camber plates that came in which will hopefully solve my strut issue (not staying TQ'd down). Then i got home and saw a box on my doorstep, my Milan rear big brake kit arrvied! I have yet to take pictures of anything so I will post those up here once I get them later tonight.

So now I need to contact D2 about purchasing a new strut and find a way to get it here before mid August as Im registered in a huge indoor car show in Toronto....fingers crossed!

Same thing happened to my KSports. F those camber plates, I'm doing what you did and ordering new OEM ones as well. Although I never had a problem with breaking wheel studs with my shot strut mounts, yikes.

Post pics with the new shoes!

Same thing happened to my KSports. F those camber plates, I'm doing what you did and ordering new OEM ones as well. Although I never had a problem with breaking wheel studs with my shot strut mounts, yikes.

Post pics with the new shoes!

I will post pics of everything when I get a chance, and shots of the wheels on the car will be a bit longer. Probably once I get the strut issue dealt with and the cars back on the road so I can wash it first haha

But yes, those camber plates are garbage. They would get torqued down, and Id literally drive 5 minutes away, pull over & pop the hood and the nut was already loose and almost ready to fall off! As for the mounts, if yours are shot, change them ASAP. Mine were shot for awhile and then finally they must have totally broke down and thats when I started snapping studs.

Back