• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sean's CSVT #5906 Build Thread !

Car just received new wheelbearings and strutmounts, to be safe.

2 interested parties so far, one Canadian and one American :laugh:

rexxdoggy is going to poop himself when he sees whats next.....my new wheel setup is acquired. :) .....for now, little hints- 17x9 + 17x10s, dished, custom control arms to camber....polished lips, black faces, red rivets, sttttreeeetcchhhhhhhed

aaaaand, they clear my D2s. Cant wait!

teaser:

316069_10150892773010724_655925723_21527030_2046678050_n.jpg

custom control arms, cambered, tucking. clearing D2s, hella damn flush. 2012 :)

Ill look for the wheel offset next time im at the shop, as thats where the wheels are (not on my car atm) ...I found the owner of them at the same shop so I didnt buy them new to know what the offsets are yet!

They are 3 peice wheels from Australia :)

Cars now stored till April or May, ran into a bunch of issues so it was put away about 3 weeks ago. So it took me all summer to get it done, then just had problems in its time on the road (3 weeks?) lol....

First, blew a rear strutmount. Turned out somehow i had lost one the the bolts for the mount, so being as low as I am (not very), hitting bumps probably moved the mount loose and then finally let the coilover blow through the tower. Long story short though, got a new mount + fixed that issue. Then while the car was at the shop, noticed i had no more slots on my front driver Baer rotor on the inside only. Thought that was weird, but then I remembered I was having some weird braking problems randomly. Soft pedal at times, but then would firm up. So I figure okay, maybe some air in the lines. Go to pull the front driver wheel off to bleed and the wheel moved like 2 inches top/bottm (wheelbearing?) ...so car stayed there overnight again, and my buddy got me a wheelbearing. Turned out the axle nut was loose and tightened up a helluva lot with the gun. I never touched that axle nut when doing the swap, so thats very odd. So that fixed that problem...

THEN, theres a guy in the front of the building who shares the shop and he rents out exotics. Well, he needed to get all his cars out for a photoshoot in the early morning, so he advised my buddy to put all his clients cars outside the shop for the night so he would be able to move his cars in and out as required. No big deal, they have left crazier cars outside for long periods of time, and nothing happened. Its in a dead area off a service road beside a HWY and cannot be seen at all unless you know where to go. Shop owner comes to work nice and early in the morning, and my driver door is wide open. WTF? He walks up, yep...someone broke in. They tried first getting in by ripping off my CF sailpanel, then realized its metal behind it. Moved their way to the front, and tried popping my keylock (unsuccessful, but bent it up pretty good. Luckily the key still can be inserted to unlock). So again, no luck. Then they tried pulling the handle off, but only snapped off my doorhandle surround. So after 3 fails, they just smashed my window and got in. ANDDDD what for? .....

A 12 pack of CocaCola. Yep, thats it....didnt touch my mirko in the back, my Xcal2 was beside the case of pop as well, didnt touch it. Left all my cleaning supplies, didnt touch my deck, didnt do anything but take the pop. Yay!

So got a replacement window, so now a new tint job is needed. Have yet to find a doorhandle surround, but thats not a big deal to me. So got the car back, and barely drove it. Pulled my for sale ad due to these things. Figured I may as well keep it now..unless someone really wants it, you will need to wait until springtime. Price will be the same! (Unless I add more into the car over winter)

So then what I was doing, was moving the car around my parkinglot every other day. Didnt drive it at all...so I figured Id take it out one night for the hell of it. Met up with my buddy in his Saleen'd GT, and he wanted to cruise. So I figured hell, why not. Was going good till about halfway home. Now, about 1am, started hearing a weird noise, thought maybe the throwout bearing was getting noisy so I ignored it. Then it went away, so I thought hmmm thats strange. Kept driving now, about 10 mins from home I hear a bad grinding noise and my brakes feel weird so I panic and pull over into a lot. My driver Baer caliper was off the rotor! Luckily it hit my rim and barelly kept it on just enough, which was why my brakes were feeling weird (duh!)

Turns out that the caliper pin had fallen out, and got wedged near the rotor and caliper and thats what was grinding away. Got the pin out, and seen it has a HUGE chunk missing so it wasnt seating anymore. Im guessing from the driving that I did with the loose axle nut, it was allowing the rotor to sort of move back and forth and damaged that pin as well. So another buddy was luckily on his way home in the same direction and stopped to help, he had a jack and all in his trunk so I was able to pull the wheel off and hammer that pin back in good enough to make the 5 minute drive home and park her. Sat for a week, and then brought it to its winter storage location where she is now.

So last year being a modding winter, this time around is a maintenance winter. Needs a caliper kit for the driver side, new front rotors now (Baer 12" kit....only available from Baer?) ...new pads, needs new rear rotors + pads as well so Im upgrading to Milans BBK for that. Needs sailpanels, doorhandle surround, new tint, I have a new tune so Im needing to upgrade my injectors for it, and my wheels need tires BADLY so thats on the list as well. I also want to swap to a CF Cowl, vs my CF OEM hood but cant find one anywhere. Battery relocation, subs/amps, 20mm spacers, and some more things were on my to-do list but we will see what happens.

I have put a hold on finalizing my custom made tubular control arms to run the stanced 10" wheels, which are now with a new owner anyways. Got more priority things to finish first.

So yeah, thats where Im at now. Will I be ready for SZ12' ? Maybe. Depends on the date...but with my car coming back out sometime in April, it might be cutting it close to having all that work done in time, to feel confident in making the 10hr drive.

Hey that was an enjoyable read, your car is hella cool!

Sorry to hear about all the troubles, the break-in is absurd, what losers eh... Best of luck with everything in the warmer weather.

Hey that was an enjoyable read, your car is hella cool!

Sorry to hear about all the troubles, the break-in is absurd, what losers eh... Best of luck with everything in the warmer weather.

thanks, yeah it was pretty bad lol, for a case of pop. It will be all fixed for spring though!

Just an update before the forums crash again forever, lol.....

Picked up a doorhandle off a black Mystique yesterday afternoon at the local U-pull, luckily for me someone had already taken off the doorpanel and it only took me about 3 minutes to get the handle off. Put it on my SVT last night, so my door is now back to normal after the break in, minus tint on the window which will be redone once my car comes back out from storage.

Havent really been to my car since yesterday though, it sits suuuuper dirty and dusty under a carcover. Even my interior is layered in dust from missing sailpanels and a doorhandle.

Besides that, Ive picked up a bunch of new mods for 2012. First being some brand new SVTL 42# injectors and a full tune to go with them. The rest of the mods you will have to wait and see for updates, if the forum stays alive. Im also working on stuff I've already done, like cleaning up my bay more and the little touches here and there to get it ready for the 2012 season.

Ive seen it in person and its every bit as sweet as the words describe, pictures do it no justice! Cant wait to see it in 2012 :)

Little change of plans..........................

I did some research into what Im doing motor wise this year, and ended up swapping the SVTL 42#s to a local for some 39# Terminator injectors. So then I installed them tonight! Also spliced in all new injector plugs as mine all had broken lock clips...

430967_10151307138465724_655925723_23141330_8374532_n.jpg

Thats all for now :)

Thanks to Manimillion and 96BlackSE, picked up my new gaskets for my ST220! Partsource only had full kits for $109 + tax.....thanks to them, I got 4 gaskets (full peices, not just the rubber rings) for under $50. :)

On the prowl for a few more items for the motor.....and some other stuff in the works as well. Gotta just wait and see how things play out!

Back