• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sean's CSVT #5906 Build Thread !

I'll miss seeing 19s on your car. BUT, now it's time for Slam Fest! Who's gonna go the lowest since we both run 17s now!! LOL jk lol

mine wont be slammed like I used to be/you now. Once the cars back on the road, its going to get the rear brake kit installed, then adjusting the coilovers to a good height and getting an alignment. This way i can DD it, track it and roadcourse it without touching the suspension. Its still gonna be low, but not 2cm off the ground like i was on the 19s lol.

Well I figured since no on comes online anymore, this probably won't even be read. But I'm bored at work so here's my latest update lol..nothing crazy has happened really. Got my new replacement D2 strut in and got that installed- wow, what a pain that was, trying to line it up with the knuckle and get it in. It literally took me hours..a full can of PB blaster..a hammer, and a prybar. But good news is that its in! Lol

Then I installed my 03 GT Maf, and also got to install some factory interior panels I needed to repplace broken ones in my car (Apillar, bottom trim panel, steering wheel surround). Went to start my car and it started nicely, idled for 5 mins or so and I decided hey ill turn my lihgts on. BOOM, car shuts off, dead, no power inside at all. No door chime, no dashlights, no crank, nothing. After checking evvvvverything, I finally found a blown ignition fuse under the hood. Got that changed and tried again, BOOM popped the fuse once again. Wtf right? So I sat and thought what would be causing this all of a sudden..hmmm I installed a new Apillar, guagepod ontop, and its wired for power into the headlight switch. One guage goes to the fusebox..so sure enough I pulled the pod off and a screw had sliced a power + ground wire and was shorting out. So I got that fixed and now she's good!

Also installed my factory "camber plates" if you wanna call them that. Still got the bad vibration on right hand turns though..I have a feeling my drivers side axle is gone. I hear like cracking/popping type noise if I turn lock to lock as well..going for alignment Friday and then possibly an axle swap as well. Then my cowlhood leaves friday to be redone so I can't wait to get that back!

Ill post up again shortly with pics of my rear brake kit install! Hoping to do It tonight

I read, twas entertaining.

Glad you go the electric figured out. I dont like trouble shooting that stuff.

Is the cowl getting paint or are you staying O-natural?

I read, twas entertaining.

Glad you go the electric figured out. I dont like trouble shooting that stuff.

Is the cowl getting paint or are you staying O-natural?

thanks haha, the hood is leaving my hands on friday to be re-done. :)...and yeah, i haaate electrical issues, knowing the smallest wre can cause tonns of issues is just a huge headache.

It's really turning out great, nice mods :cool:

thanks Joe. Its getting there..lol. Gotta really get it dynotuned soon, see what its making with all my mods.

I read too, don't get discouraged.

Coming online everyday and seeing like no replies to any threads im subscribed to or nothing really new being posted sucks! lol CEG s deaddd

bf2b295c987b43239be1f516ca71b7a9.jpg

More soon..lol. Just getting the car ready for a big indoor carshow on Saturday in Toronto. And the hood should look familiar, I used the same design as yours had lol. Its the best thing to do with a cowl..I like them as all bare CF but the painted sides give it some more character. You should have kept yours!

I have the TCE kit in the rear, no noises

And I thought the hood actually was my old one lol, I sold it to a guy from Detroit so it's not too far from you. It looks good but I'll keep my OEM style :p

I have the TCE kit in the rear, no noises

And I thought the hood actually was my old one lol, I sold it to a guy from Detroit so it's not too far from you. It looks good but I'll keep my OEM style :p

Haha yeah, i got mine from a semi-local (Canadian, though) car.

Not gay lol, just an idea...theres so much i want to change + re-do and I cant afford it. Plus, just got laid off and my car needs some mechanical issues fixed, mainly the crazy vibration issue I have.

Back