• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hypnoticracing's new car (formerly Squigg's)

ctmystique

Hard-core CEG'er
ha ^ thats the one i bought lol, anyone got any silver frost jack point covers?
So you're saying you bought Squigg's car?

mod edit this discussion moved out of the classifieds thread. Please keep the discussions out of the classifieds thread and leave it for ad postings only.
thx

Last edited by a moderator:
$750?

the issues i have found so far seem to be halfway easy to fix in our shop. biggest thing will be to vacuum bleed the brakes and use the scan tool to get the abs unit air free

and dont know if im gonna put lowering springs on it or stock seems the rear is broken

that doesnt matter i dont use the clips on my car
My front brake pad was wedge-shaped thanks to the missing clip, and the caliper bracket itself was so twisted that I had to buy a new one. You should put the clips back on.

there not going to make your car not have brakes.. so in this case i highly doubt they will make a car with no brakes have brakes again

My front brake pad was wedge-shaped thanks to the missing clip, and the caliper bracket itself was so twisted that I had to buy a new one. You should put the clips back on.

your car didnt have the clips and you had brakes..... i dont own my cars long enough to have to worry about it.. that way ill never be into a car for more then i can sell it for..

your car didnt have the clips and you had brakes..... i dont own my cars long enough to have to worry about it.. that way ill never be into a car for more then i can sell it for..
Then you will be selling an unsafe car. :nonono:

While one clip was missing, the rest of my brakes were intact. I would have gotten thousands of miles more out of those pads if they weren't twisted sideways.

how come? whats not right about it??

your selling an unsafe car .... if it didn't need to be there Ford wouldn't have spent the money on it and put it there.

your basically saying that you sell unsafe/poor condition cars ..... would hate to see what other corners you cut with these 3L swaps you do ...:nonono:

im sure the missing clip poses no problem on sometihng with new pads and rotors, but the problem he was having was to basically pump it to take out the slack caused by the worn parts on the braking system

They must really be unsafe. Everyone I've sold passed inspection and is still on the rd today. That would be 19 csvt and 5 cougars. But ur right there all unsafe. I've stood behind every car I've sold and sofar nothing major has happen.
As far as cutting corners on 3l that would mean ur bashing on the same guy that built your car and a couple others so if my 3l have cut corners yours would be the same way.

They must really be unsafe. Everyone I've sold passed inspection and is still on the rd today. That would be 19 csvt and 5 cougars. But ur right there all unsafe. I've stood behind every car I've sold and sofar nothing major has happen.
As far as cutting corners on 3l that would mean ur bashing on the same guy that built your car and a couple others so if my 3l have cut corners yours would be the same way.

there is a difference between unsafe and dangerous. your taking this as I'm saying the cars are dangerous. As in this case, the brakes will work without the springs but they where designed to use the springs. Not using them can lead to an unsafe condition. Your luckly nothing major has come up. because if it did you could be liable for what happens. Then you would be really screwed since your basically acting as a dealer but I bet your not liecenced. I can only imagine those repercusions. BUt then again I am going to guess you don't have proper contracts signed when selling a car. how many cars have you sold without having the title?

also how many of those people you sold cars to could speak good english? I hear the stories about how bad Springfield is all the time from others at work. how many where actually leagally registared and insured to drive? that might be why you haven't heard anything from them. You have commented in the past how fast cars sell when you park them out front of your girlfriends house. How many of them would actually know that something was amiss?

how many of those cars where sold to active members here? how about all the issues with wontgrowup's car that many of us heard about?

and wtf are you talking about that I'm bashing the person that built my car? I'm talking about you and what work you have done, not others.

I'm talking about your blanked statements of drop a 3L in, its only $300. I'm sorry, no way thats the case when the engine runs $300. Depending on condition of parts there is alot that should be replaced or thought about being replaced. it ads up quickly. more so when the engines have higher miles.

so again my point is you are knowingly selling vehicles that could be unsafe and you don't think twice about it ... just sounds un-ethical to me. you just amitted that you don't use the brake springs, so how many cars did you sell without them?

but then again I'm an engineer and if I screw up it could cost peoples lives, so I don't take things like this lightly.

there is a difference between unsafe and dangerous. your taking this as I'm saying the cars are dangerous. As in this case, the brakes will work without the springs but they where designed to use the springs. Not using them can lead to an unsafe condition. Your luckly nothing major has come up. because if it did you could be liable for what happens. Then you would be really screwed since your basically acting as a dealer but I bet your not liecenced. I can only imagine those repercusions. BUt then again I am going to guess you don't have proper contracts signed when selling a car. how many cars have you sold without having the title?

also how many of those people you sold cars to could speak good english? I hear the stories about how bad Springfield is all the time from others at work. how many where actually leagally registared and insured to drive? that might be why you haven't heard anything from them. You have commented in the past how fast cars sell when you park them out front of your girlfriends house. How many of them would actually know that something was amiss?

how many of those cars where sold to active members here? how about all the issues with wontgrowup's car that many of us heard about?

and wtf are you talking about that I'm bashing the person that built my car? I'm talking about you and what work you have done, not others.

I'm talking about your blanked statements of drop a 3L in, its only $300. I'm sorry, no way thats the case when the engine runs $300. Depending on condition of parts there is alot that should be replaced or thought about being replaced. it ads up quickly. more so when the engines have higher miles.

so again my point is you are knowingly selling vehicles that could be unsafe and you don't think twice about it ... just sounds un-ethical to me. you just amitted that you don't use the brake springs, so how many cars did you sell without them?

but then again I'm an engineer and if I screw up it could cost peoples lives, so I don't take things like this lightly.
Maybe I do have a dealers lic. I sure get into all the dealer auctions. as far as the 3l. If you know how lkq work the price isn't by miles its how long they sat on the self and if u bargin with them they hook u up. They last 3l I did I paid 250 for qith 13k. So it cost me 308 to put it in and running. For a mod your pretty much hijacking a thread so maybe you should warn urself. Hey since throwing jobs around I'm a chemist at a lab that deals with aerospace and military so if I up there goes the sapceshuttel or the fighter jet that's protecting are country. But its all good the guy that's into he's cars and makes money doing is always gonna be the hated one. I'm sorry your into your car for more then you could sell it for and its not even a real svt. So cracka foo

Back