• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
3. Brent 372 (interested)
4. Harrry
5. boumacj (no lighted switch)
6. OB1
7. PurdySVT

1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir

this is going to be real soon that i get things up and running because i have a lot of interest. i am talking to somebody about a certain part that is hard to get and i think i am 90% sure i have the hook up so its looking really good. looking at a few weeks and it will be started (maybe not even that long)

this is going to be real soon that i get things up and running because i have a lot of interest. i am talking to somebody apart a certain part that is hard to get and i think i am 90% sure i have the hook up so its looking really good. looking at a few weeks and it will be started (maybe not even that long)

Sounds good, keep us posted.

I almost have all the parts to do this; I am just waiting on one more part to be ordered. For this kit every connection is going to be finished off w/ heatshrink and is going to be extremely simple to install.

Mods: how can I change the thread title from IC: to GB: in a few days?

1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir
10. contourSVT99

So are we still thinking $20 per person?

Looking a little more than that right now, but I am seeing about trying to get this other part cheaper. ~$30 shipped looking at, but its all going to be done using heatshrink and done properly and the part that i am trying hard to get cheaper helps keep everything stock with the light switch harness (you will not have to drill out a hole in the harness) so believe me it's worth it

it's not really so much how many people i need to bring it down, it is if that supplier can give me a cheaper price because im ordering more. i'm good starting off with ten people and i will begin these in the next few weeks or sooner. i just have to wait til all the parts come in as i ordered 90% of them

1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir
10. contourSVT99
11. Gorman (no lighted switch)​
would prefer auto open and closed please.
icon14.gif

1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir
10. contourSVT99
11. Gorman (no lighted switch)
12. todras

i have 2 hightower express kits wired to do a full auto up, auto close, auto back, auto close. theres definitely room for 2 relays

i have 2 hightower express kits wired to do a full auto up, auto close, auto back, auto close. theres definitely room for 2 relays

I will definitely look into this for you guys then. It would just be a little bit more expensive for the kit if you want both functions because the relay is a chunk of the cost. I'll keep you all posted.

use 3m double sided tape, not the scotchtype tape, to tape both relays up on the actual metal, basically the underside of the roof and they'll be tucked away. wiring gets a little messy but very doable.

1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir
10. contourSVT99
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning

1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir
10. contourSVT99
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
14. dlphnfn (express open and close)

Edited for open and close. Depending on the price increase for both.

1. imurdaddytoosport
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir
10. contourSVT99 (open AND close if possible, interested in price)
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
14. dlphnfn (express open and close)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back