• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clutch Help

WHEELSPIN

CEG'er
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to remove trans to replace clutch. I did a search and had no luck. What the best way to do it, remove engine and trans or just trans? Thanks fellas!

there is no best way. it all depends on the individual car, rusted, spinning or breaking bolts etc. i was a big fan of dropping the subframe but now i think i like pulling the motor more. and if its your first time it will be easier for you to remate your trans to the motor while its all out. and give you the opportunity to give everything the once over while you have it out

Last edited:
Its going be my first time on a csvt. I have done many others. I have engine hoist and pretty much any tool that you could imagine. I just want to know what is the best or easier way

Anyone every ever use exedy clutch

Last edited:
No good? or No one try it?
Why should anyone when there are perfectly good OEM clutches from Ford that work fine as it is? Anyone who does, usually regrets it unless they have no other choice like if they are going for bigger power from the engine. Even then, some regret having to do it.
Karl

Back