• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dynoed the 3.0

sorry kyle.

grenade.... its a torque biasing differential. the stock ones have exposed gears, and are very weak. my 3L would break one with ease with a good launch. you wouldnt have a transmission if you went to the track with a stock diff, judging by the way you drive.

sorry kyle.

grenade.... its a torque biasing differential. the stock ones have exposed gears, and are very weak. my 3L would break one with ease with a good launch. you wouldnt have a transmission if you went to the track with a stock diff, judging by the way you drive.

:laugh: Kyle's Car didint last but a couple passes.... :shrug: (Not Kyle Q, another kyle)

sorry kyle.

I second that. lol :laugh:

lol - my car didn't last more then a month with me behind the wheel :laugh:

Whatever - I'm glad I blew up the transmission, I've never looked back an never thought twice about 3k rpm drops or 5th to 3rd downshifts on the freeway. My car is finally built and ready for spray - if the CV's go I've got a source that will custom build CV's with a lifetime guarantee.

I learned the most info in this thread than any other. You guys make me want a Ported 3L :drool: because I want to keep the SVT UIM with the un-modded 3L block and heads - anyone want to build me one? and for cheeeeaap? And then put it in my '95 for free.... Anyone, anyone?

I learned the most info in this thread than any other. You guys make me want a Ported 3L :drool: because I want to keep the SVT UIM with the un-modded 3L block and heads - anyone want to build me one? and for cheeeeaap? And then put it in my '95 for free.... Anyone, anyone?

lol - you are reasonably close to the guys who have done most of the Minnesota 3L's - www.3lduratec.com

I always run 93. For the extra 15 cents a gallon mulitplied by an average 11 gallon fill up, you're only looking at $1.61 more per tank! It is worth it in my opinion and if you are running on SVT tune then you need to run premium anyways.

Last edited:
I've always known they were stock 04 3.0 Cams. Must be a misunderstanding. I'm happy with the powerband. BTW, Without a tune and rich, the ported 3.0 did alright. 14.59@95.84. 100% street trim. It may not dyno great right now, but it runs strong, and when it's tuned, it will run 13's with traction.

I trapped at 94.8 with 215whp SAE (14.519 1/4 time) with stock cougar trim, no LSD, and 2.14 60' 100% traction. I made only one run till I blew my stock diff (wanted to know how much I could get from it.. now have Quaife) so 215whp is about 14.30 on a perfect run. With the added weight of an SVT i'd say 215-225 will get you somewhere from 14.5 to 14.38.

You won't get in the 13's without weight reduction or 250whp (which ain't happening), and you won't break traction. They spray VHT on the track which hooks the tires. Put 30,000+ miles and plenty of time on my self-built self-installed 3L, I know what's what.

Last edited:
I trapped at 94.8 with 215whp SAE (14.519 1/4 time) with stock cougar trim, no LSD, and 2.14 60' 100% traction. I made only one run till I blew my stock diff (wanted to know how much I could get from it.. now have Quaife) so 215whp is about 14.30 on a perfect run. With the added weight of an SVT i'd say 215-225 will get you somewhere from 14.5 to 14.38.

You won't get in the 13's without weight reduction or 250whp (which ain't happening), and you won't break traction. They spray VHT on the track which hooks the tires. Put 30,000+ miles and plenty of time on my self-built self-installed 3L, I know what's what.

Yeah but he stated already that he made 175 whp and ran a 14.50, so your numbers don't really check out.

Dyno'd the car yesterday. 3.0 conversion by Blackcoog& D9. Untuned and very rich. 175/184 There is way more in the car. Hopefully I'll have a tuned number this summer. It's a great start, and the car is a blast to drive as is.

..i'm sure he did. If that's the case, he'll have no problems doing 13's and we'll be all happy to see it.

14.5 with that whp is on a jacked (incorrect) dyno, with weight reduction, or is a lie. I guess excess optimism is okay.. but no.

..i'm sure he did. If that's the case, he'll have no problems doing 13's and we'll be all happy to see it.

14.5 with that whp is on a jacked (incorrect) dyno, with weight reduction, or is a lie. I guess excess optimism is okay.. but no.

but that is assuming that all that matters for a good ET is peak whp. there could be major differences between the torque throughout the rpm range. Also, other things could effect it like tire size and compound, wheel size and weight, final drive ratio, driver skill, launch rpm, track altitude, ambient temperature, etc.

Back