• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Focus Radiator Mod

sportracer

CEG'er
Ok, I know this was talked about awhile ago but I don't think it was ever finished. Does anyone know if the focus radiator would fit on our car. Someone said the bolt mounting points look close. It would be sweet to put in the aluminum racing radiator for the focus on.

no this was on the 6 cyl. are they that close they might fit or would there be alot of modification?

Yea I forget who it was but someone was going to pick up a focus radiator and measure it and try installing it... I guy would have to search the GB for my "Griffin Radiator GB interest check". I don't think it every happened.

Who'd you offer it to? I contacted Griffin a year ago and was trying to find someone with a radiator to send them. I even offered to pay full or 1/2 shipping... but no one volunteered. Then the gb interest thread popped up and I was hoping that would go through. I was even about to spend $100 on a junk yard radiator to send them... but by that time summer was over and I lost motivation.

Griffin said they could sell a single unit for $500-$550, or a gb of 4 people would be around $400, 8 people would be around $300. Since they don't have a radiator, those were guestimates. Those have about the same sized core as the SVTs, but much larger tanks. They could also produce a "race" radiator, but you'd have to use hood pins and remove the condenser to fit the 3" core.

Who'd you offer it to? I contacted Griffin a year ago and was trying to find someone with a radiator to send them. I even offered to pay full or 1/2 shipping... but no one volunteered. Then the gb interest thread popped up and I was hoping that would go through. I was even about to spend $100 on a junk yard radiator to send them... but by that time summer was over and I lost motivation.

Griffin said they could sell a single unit for $500-$550, or a gb of 4 people would be around $400, 8 people would be around $300. Since they don't have a radiator, those were guestimates. Those have about the same sized core as the SVTs, but much larger tanks. They could also produce a "race" radiator, but you'd have to use hood pins and remove the condenser to fit the 3" core.

I now have a radiator to send into them thanks to JoeM from his parts car. It's damaged but they could get the dimensions they need off of it. Only thing is they needed $400 up front. I was able to fix my current radiator so I would rather spend $400 elsewhere... like on a SCT X3 with PRP.

I now have a radiator to send into them thanks to JoeM from his parts car. It's damaged but they could get the dimensions they need off of it. Only thing is they needed $400 up front. I was able to fix my current radiator so I would rather spend $400 elsewhere... like on a SCT X3 with PRP.
Hey Mike... that's great news! If you could send it to them, I could handle the rest. My current one isn't leaking, but it is beat up (prior owner). Also, even the SVT radiator has a tough time keeping things cool around here. Let me know.... even if shipping is a problem. I'm guessing we were probably working with the same guy (Patrick).

so did anyone find out is the focus one works. i would like to know cause i'm in need of a new one and i have a 3l and live in so cal. i would like something that will be able to handle sitting in traffic in 95 degree weather

so did anyone find out is the focus one works. i would like to know cause i'm in need of a new one and i have a 3l and live in so cal. i would like something that will be able to handle sitting in traffic in 95 degree weather

Lets us know what you find out? Or are you waiting for others to find out for you?

i was waiting for someone to find out but if no one is gonna try i'll be willin to do it. does anyone know if it was any focus radiator or just the svt radiator. if its any one i'll be willing to try.if its any one then i can try to pick one up from a junk yard just to see if they work.

i was waiting for someone to find out but if no one is gonna try i'll be willin to do it. does anyone know if it was any focus radiator or just the svt radiator. if its any one i'll be willing to try.if its any one then i can try to pick one up from a junk yard just to see if they work.

Get a measure out the radiator. Write everything down and then go to a junkyard and take some measurements there. That way you will know if it can slide in or be too big/small.

Hey Mike... that's great news! If you could send it to them, I could handle the rest. My current one isn't leaking, but it is beat up (prior owner). Also, even the SVT radiator has a tough time keeping things cool around here. Let me know.... even if shipping is a problem. I'm guessing we were probably working with the same guy (Patrick).

Sort of forgot about this thread sorry!

Yea we could get it going... but I don't know if the one I have would be much better then the one you have. Also yes we were working with the same guy.

As for the Focus radiator... I suppose someone should be able to find one in a junkyard cheap enough and try it. Not like removing the radiator is a lot of work... just more of a mess because of all the coolant. If the junkyards around me have one I might consider picking one up and doing a comparison between it and the SVT one I have that leaks.

Back