• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet October 10, 2009 *updated 1st post 10/9*

great shots, John!

I haven't bothered to upload pics yet.
We briefly ran through them yesterday over the tv and there were some decent shots, but a lot of blurry ones. haha

what is that supposed to mean :shrug:. I had total car control at all times, so I don't know what you are talking about :cool:.

Haha, I totally agree. I always have control of my car as well :laugh:

I want to thank Mike & Kim for hosting the meet, great job! yeah we hit some traffic but all in all a great day. Hurricance Rd. rocked, nothing like tossing the ride through the twisties. I finally strolled in around 12:45AM, the wife felt bad missing out on all the nice scenery so I decided to what the heck the contour already needs a bath. We jumped into the 'tour and headed out to western mass. took RT9, RT116 to RT2, then RT8 into N.Adams got some food then headed up Mount Greylock to the summit. I got some great pics on both drives I'll post some up later. I just got home and I'm off to the hot tub. great seeing everyone, thanks again!

Yes! What an awesome route to take! I drive that all the route all the time for work and it is stupendous. Did you go around the hairpin turn up in North Adams? I've been thinking of hosting a meet at that restaurant on the hairpin...

Both Angela and I had a great time. It was good to see everyone again and to meet the new people. Besides the traffic it was a great day.

Thanks again to Mike and Kim for setting everything up and letting use stay over for the weekend.

I have my photos up on facebook for those interested. I'll have Angela's photos by the end of the week to share too. That will include a video of Hurricane Mountain Rd.

anyone know anything about the silver SVT with Quebec plates that we saw?

I made a "spotted" thread in Eastern Canada, but there has been no response yet.
:shrug:

If we weren't so flustered from that traffic, we would have made more of an effort to flag that guy down and have him join us.
Well, at least for HMR. :laugh:

Haha, I totally agree. I always have control of my car as well :laugh:

Yes! What an awesome route to take! I drive that all the route all the time for work and it is stupendous. Did you go around the hairpin turn up in North Adams? I've been thinking of hosting a meet at that restaurant on the hairpin...

Yes we went to the hairpin and then went to the old railroad stock yard in north adams for soem great pub food before taking the trip up to Mt.Greylock which is only around the corner. Mt.Greylock would be an awsome meet. I'm still working on loading up all the pics.

Yes we went to the hairpin and then went to the old railroad stock yard in north adams for soem great pub food before taking the trip up to Mt.Greylock which is only around the corner. Mt.Greylock would be an awsome meet. I'm still working on loading up all the pics.

Susie and I drifted our first Miata around that hairpin one year, it was an off day and there was no one around... Rt 2 eastbound out of N. Adams is great.

Request

Request

I've only seen 5 or so photos so far from the meet. Any chance people could post some more pics? I don't do facebook, only CEG. Thanks.

Gen2 SHO...see what you missed :p:laugh:

Brian, cool video too bad we didn't get to see the down hill after the escape got out of the way. I like the car in front of you though :drool::laugh:.

yeah that would have been nice but the camera battery was on its way out and that was the spare battery already. should have grabbed my camera but oh well.

Back