• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet October 10, 2009 *updated 1st post 10/9*

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
October 10th, 2009
9:30 am southern NE people meet at the Hooksett, NH rest stop/liquor store off I-93N. It's roughly 1.5 miles after the tollbooth ($1) on your right (see post #46)
11:00 am everyone meet at Castle in the Clouds, 455 Old Mountain Road (NH-171), Moultonborough, NH 03254
Adult Admission is $12 per person.
Drive through the front gates and pay at the booth (and get a map of the property with your admission)
Those meeting directly at CITC, please find a stopping point off the side of the road not far from the ticket booth to wait for us to meet up with you. Pebble area may be ideal stopping point.
There is a 2 mile drive from the gates up to the castle parking lot, and there are sights to see along the way. If you'd rather see these sights on your own and meet us all in the parking lot, feel free.

At the parking lot, there's a shuttle that takes us to the castle.
There is a 10-15 minute orientation session given, and then we are free to roam the castle in a self-guided tour.
The castle has a dining area for lunch.

We should depart CITC between 2-3:00 for the scenic cruise.

Click and Print for Scenic Cruise <-- forget that link. I printed copies for everyone (googlemaps is being stubborn about the route and isn't saving as I originally posted it)

Depart CITC going right onto NH-171 (Mtn Rd)
Merge right with Rt-109/Gov Wentworth Hwy
Right onto NH-25/Whittier Hwy
Left on NH-113/Tamworth Rd
Right on NH-113/Chocorua Rd
Right on Main St/NH-113/NH-16 *
Left on NH-302/Eastman Rd
Right on East Conway Rd
Merge with NH-113/Green Hill Rd
Left onto Hurricane Mtn Rd
Left on Main St/NH-16/NH-302
Right on River Rd
Left on Cathedral Ledge Rd

Hurricane Mtn Rd is a very fun and hilly road, but also can be quite narrow. We encourage people to have fun, but use caution. Speed limit is 20 mph. You won't want to go much faster, you'll see.
Headlight use strongly encouraged.

*For those not willing to do Hurricane Mtn Rd, you can split off the cruise here.
Left onto NH-16/White Mtn Hwy
Left on River Rd
Left on Cathedral Ledge Rd and wait at the side of the road til we catch up.

Dinner
Moat Mountain Smokehouse
3378 White Mtn Highway (NH-302), North Conway, NH 03860

Pm me if you would like to exchange cell phone numbers.
I recommend you bring a light jacket, a camera, 2-way radios if you have them, and small road snack and beverage.

The usual long distance clan is welcome to crash at casa Lafortune Friday night, if desired.
Also, folks are welcome to cruise down to Manchester to hang at our place Saturday night (and stay overnight) to cap off the meet.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure if I'm going to be able to make it.

A combination of the tranny swap going sour with one of those subframe nuts inside the unibody coming un-welded, and the fact that I need to wait for lower ball joints from BAT and subframe bushings, might keep me from attending.

WTF. Asked for the day off of work....AND I GOT SCHEDULED anyways. Big Y can go screw themselves. I'm gonna make them pull the legwork to cover my shift.

I'll definitely be there.

I plan on coming. I worked somethings out with the wife ( she is doing a 1/2 marathon in Hartford that day with a group of friends). I have gone to just about every race she does so I was able to work it out. This will be weather permitting though, light stuff will not stop me but full on rain will.

Full rain is better than mist...you end up having to clean everything anyway, might as well get her all wet.

Mike and I did the..."dry" run today (just got back). It's hard to say dry considering the amount of rain we got smacked with.
Good news is that we ran Hurricane Mountain Road in both directions, in the rain, and came out unscathed, so no one better do any bellyaching next week.
It's such an awesome road. I can't wait til you all experience it.

We checked out the different dinner locations and decided to go with Moat Mountain because of location, parking conditions, price and menu options.

I'm going to update the original post in this thread with a better agenda for the meet, so please be sure to re-read the first post before the meet.

Full rain is better than mist...you end up having to clean everything anyway, might as well get her all wet.

light stuff has a better chance of clearing, you can keep the bra on and it doesn't totally soak the engine bay and the roads tend to be more dryer. full on hard pouring rain more of a mess all around and yes I'm that bad, sorry :help:

Back