• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet October 10, 2009 *updated 1st post 10/9*

worth a second trip at another time of year. ;)

Elky, you "missed out" on more traffic after Hurricane Mtn. :nonono:

ahh well.
We made the best of it. I'm happy to have seen everyone.
Thanks for all the laughs and shenanigans.

i definitely want to try and get up there to experience the road.
but i thin kit will have to be planned as the only activity of the day, with lunch/dinner after.

sorry bout yesterday

sorry bout yesterday

had a blast sorry i had to leave early it was great meeting all of you

so what time did you guys get to the restaurant?

Which one? I think we tried 3 or 4 before setting on one out of frustration.

Here's 2 shots. Still going through most of them. I don't know what I did but I hope it was all me because a ton of shots are blurry. :( Hopefully not a camera issue.

Elky's dinner theatre ones came out good though. Good isn't a word I'd use to describe the act but the quality of the photos themselves.

CEG-meet1.jpg

CEG-meet2.jpg

in that case...what time did you guys finally sit down to eat?
haha

those two pictures are awesome!!!

wow...i guess its a good thing we did leave early..we wouldn't have been home until after midnight!

'Twas a great meet. Thanks to Kim and Cobra for quarterbacking it, and everybody for showing up. Had a great time having the bull session with y'all. :cool:

We had an awesome time with you guys even with the Rent A Troll. We ended up trying to get into like 3 different places to eat last night and ended up in a place called "The 99." It was good and not too expensive. We did the tourist thing today going thru the mountains today. Mount Washington was INCREDIBLE. I think we have to wait til we get home to upload pics to the server. Great meeting/seeing everyone!

BTW, "The Ninety-Nine" is not a local restaurant. It's a giant chain in NE:laugh:
While it may not be the absolute best eatery this side of the Mason-Dixon, it's still darned good; and the food is a steal. Great to meet you guys!

heh, it is funny to hear The 99 be referred to as "a place called" .. I thought it was a national chain.

And aren't you from this area??? :p

BTW, Skunk drives like a nutcase.....

what is that supposed to mean :shrug:. I had total car control at all times, so I don't know what you are talking about :cool:.

I want to thank Mike & Kim for hosting the meet, great job! yeah we hit some traffic but all in all a great day. Hurricance Rd. rocked, nothing like tossing the ride through the twisties. I finally strolled in around 12:45AM, the wife felt bad missing out on all the nice scenery so I decided to what the heck the contour already needs a bath. We jumped into the 'tour and headed out to western mass. took RT9, RT116 to RT2, then RT8 into N.Adams got some food then headed up Mount Greylock to the summit. I got some great pics on both drives I'll post some up later. I just got home and I'm off to the hot tub. great seeing everyone, thanks again!

Back