• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno'd the SVT today

fordman302

Hard-core CEG'er
Well a shop here in town just bought a dyno and had half off runs..Heck why not right?

My numbers were
HP
165.1@6671
With WCF 169.8

TQ
138.0@3205
With WCF 141.9

Im not very impressed the car has MSDS headers y-pipe and intake..
He offered the put the bottle on it for me since mine was at home and i said no..
Also i was running the NGK tr6's IIRC setup for nitrous..I will be putting the Autolite DP's back in soon.

EDIT: This was done on a Mustang Dyno Powerdyne

Last edited:
doesnt look like corrected numbers:shrug: mustang and dynapak's are generally like 10-15% lower. some say they're more accurate.

were your stock numbers on the same dyno? or same type? cause i'm doubting highly that your numbers are corrected. if so..you've got some issues somewere... vris working?

gotcha. well those numbers were most likely done on a dynojet. seeing how its the most common and most widely used.
w/a 10% correction your prob. be more inline w/the mods you have.

you may want to get a tune if you free up the exhaust that much. i think it'll run fine but if you got all the bolt on's a tune is worth it. you know this, why am i saying it.... ;)

doesnt look like corrected numbers:shrug: mustang and dynapak's are generally like 10-15% lower. some say they're more accurate.

if you look at how they work, there really should be no question that a mustang is more accurate. The mustang dyno is loaded where as a dynojet is an inertia dyno. Sure, it's 10-15% lower, but if you are tuning, it gives you a better tune.

yeah.... mustangs dyno is loaded....causing my piston to shatter :( why it happenned there i don't know. multiple uses on the ground, why then? why there? could the dyno have been loaded wrong?

Mustang Dyno at SZ07

My Mystique with the 2.5L
151 hp
163 tq

200,000 miles on that thing!
It had an open K&N and Bat y-pipe with the high flow cat. That was it.

I'm hoping my SVT does better at SZ08

Back