• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno'd the SVT today

This is sad to see the NON SVT's are making more on the dyno than the SVT..I do believe this dyno is not accurate..It was brand new and the guys useing it i think were new to it.

This is sad to see the NON SVT's are making more on the dyno than the SVT..I do believe this dyno is not accurate..It was brand new and the guys useing it i think were new to it.

The SE cams probably help them in the tq department, but you had it beat on the hp. Were there any other cars on the dyno? Dyno numbers all depend on the dyno, its not very accurate to judge from one to the next.

I do believe this dyno is not accurate..It was brand new and the guys useing it i think were new to it.
That sounds like your problem right there.
When I got my '04 Cobra I went to a new local shop just for the cheap grand opening dyno day. A little pissed that it only put down 299hp :blackeye: and the import guys laughed.
After the pulley swap and other mods at a reputable shop it made 456/465, right where it should have and ate they're Evo at the track.
Dynos (and all instruments) are only as good as the operator.
-J

Is that normal for one of those? I have no idea :laugh:

"On the latest episode of the british motoring show Top Gear, host Richard Hammond reviews the GT500 yet again to try and stir things up over horsepower shortcomings the GT500 does not have. According to Hammond who in the video brought out his own Shelby GT390 to compare to the Shelby GT500 says with a surprised look the actual horsepower the Shelby GT500 really produces is 447 which he came by using a portable dyno while at a road course track."

For comparisons my SVT put down 176hp & 151ftlb with a Dyno Dynamics AWD chassis dyno. The motor I installed probably had around 60k at the time of the run. All I had installed for modifications at the time was WR headers and Borla exhaust with factory SVT y-pipe. The MTX75 had been updated though and I installed a T2 Torsen ATB diff.

For comparisons my SVT put down 176hp & 151ftlb with a Dyno Dynamics AWD chassis dyno. The motor I installed probably had around 60k at the time of the run. All I had installed for modifications at the time was WR headers and Borla exhaust with factory SVT y-pipe. The MTX75 had been updated though and I installed a T2 Torsen ATB diff.

At DB? I put down 179/160 there with a few more bolt-ons back in the day.

Anywho, we can conclude that the dyno readings the OP got are pretty much worthless ;) They should be higher.

Earlier this year I put down 184HP/175TQ tuned with bolt ons. Untuned I put down 179HP/173TQ. My first dyno run without headers I put 167HP/152TQ. All of these runs on the same type of dyno. Did you ever do a UIM/LIM cleaning (rebuild)?

Earlier this year I put down 184HP/175TQ tuned with bolt ons. Untuned I put down 179HP/173TQ. My first dyno run without headers I put 167HP/152TQ. All of these runs on the same type of dyno. Did you ever do a UIM/LIM cleaning (rebuild)?

Previous owner did one but its been awhile so i will be ordering new UIM and LIM gaskets and doing it again..He also dynod the car before and did 180FWHP and somewhere around 176TQ IIRC..
I still have no dought in my mind that it was the dyno..

Back