• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

custom carbon fiber parts for contours

custom carbon fiber parts for contours

• CF OEM Post-98 trunk

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • CF OEM Fenders

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • CF OEM Post-98 Dash Kit

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • CF Post-98 2 x 2 1/16 Gauge holder Dash Kit

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • CF Door

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
try the door pieces or the door cups in the rear seats to just get a feeling for doing molds. also u could try the A pillar B pillar and C pillars.

i think ill try the door handle pieces and maybe my lotek gauge pod in CF. waiting on material to get here

the door handle pieces would be awesome. you know what parts i'm talking about right?
and the actual door handle surround (the handle to open the door) would be a good one too

How about a pre-98 style center console that's made to attach to the post-98 cup holder? Or... a full pre-98 console but somehow give it functional cup holders?

How about a pre-98 style center console that's made to attach to the post-98 cup holder? Or... a full pre-98 console but somehow give it functional cup holders?

I like that idea, because people already put the pre 98 console in there post 98's. So, I'm guessing you would get buyers that own either post or pre 98's

I like the idea of the pre 98 dashes but I'm still waiting on the materials unfortunately, But I'll keep it in mind:laugh:

I have all the material In!!! :shocked: I have to go to a junkyard tomorrow and get some interior pieces for the molds and mock ups. one question though, does any one know if the interior pieces (Door handle piece with the buttons in it) on a pre 98 and post 98 are the same?

Will be doing the door pieces first, handle inserts, and MAYBE the defrost and stereo surrounding pieces.

If I can find 2 Dash gauge cluster pieces Ill make a oem and and gauged out one too. but thats after the door pieces:laugh:

Sorry to chime in late, but maybe some exterior parts to fit a pre-98? Possibly a lip spoiler?:shrug:

I have wanted one for sooo loooong!!!

I started on the closing handle molds and plastic pieces around the door button / opener handles. I'm going to have to spruce them up a little bit because the small pieces and strong curves always make it hard to get a perfect mold first time around. After that is done, will start on defrost, stereo enclosure,Shifter plastic and dash pieces. I might have to make a face for the dash because of all the a/c pipeing in the back of it. If it does come down to that I will make it were it is flush with a stock dash and the gauged dash face will require some cutting of stock dashes from customers to make it fit.

Also, about the exterior pieces for pre-98s and the sail panels. I will do those to after the current project is done, and the CF fenders I had originally planned for are made.

Pictures coming soon just have to get the first set done and find my camera:laugh:

i think ill try the door handle pieces and maybe my lotek gauge pod in CF. waiting on material to get here

Yes please!!

Also, the sail panels :laugh: Oh yeah, and the dash :drool:

I guess just count me in on just about everything you end up making!

Disaster! the front door handle pieces didn't come out to good because of the lip on the back button (ground it down and making new mold of them) and when I went to fill the imperfections in with body filler they didn't set right and it looks like I shoved green clay in there.

trying to keep you updated on situation. Fixing molds right now, and seeing if I didn't add enough hardener or the filler went bad.:help:

it looks like my filler has alot of moisture in it and I have to buy some more sigh. it took me like 30 min to scrap it out of the molds :mad: so I'll try it with some kitty hair and see what happens tomorrow

it looks like my filler has alot of moisture in it and I have to buy some more sigh. it took me like 30 min to scrap it out of the molds :mad: so I'll try it with some kitty hair and see what happens tomorrow

Been a couple days, just seeing if you'll pulled all of your hair out yet :crazy:

Had a friend that made CF pieces(girl took him away to Germany...that b*@%h) Saw how much it used to frustrate him.

it is really time consuming and frustrating. with my job, school and girlfriend it is almost impossible. It's funny to me how people in the area I know are like make me this custom part and expect it to be cheaper than a list item. their are 100s made from the same mold and it pays off all the material, but most people only think about the individual part not to mention my actually time put in.

speaking of pulling out the hairs. haven't got it done yet I got really sick and started puking blood for a day or 2 and it threw me back a little. have to catch on a week of school, the website I'm making for this guy, and not to mention rest:blackeye:. The website might for him will be a nice import site when it is done as a side note.

Oh I did get one thing done I have a built site for my CF parts if it ever makes it to and out of group buys lol
here is a shot of the basic layout
2642799_17_full.jpg

well the molds are done for the doors just have to get some more icing filler to perfect them everything else is done. I have all the mock pieces ready for the dash pieces. I just have to find some time now lol:laugh:

I just inherited a house and since it looks alot better than my ratty apartment I've been moving in all week. I even have a huge garage there, so in other words work will progress when I move my shop tools there. It might take a while for all the stuff to be moved down there, but when I'm done I can put out parts faster because I don't have to drive 30-45 mins to my work shop.

in other news, while the door pieces are waiting on some filler I might try to at least make a few sets of sail panels just to get started at least.

I just like say that I appreciate everyone's patience its been an incredibly hectate year for me and I apologize for not getting the parts out faster.

i'll just stick with the saying " all good things come to those who wait"

possible for you to post a couple pictures of some of the products in there current state?? Just to keep the enthusiasm going...

Back