• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blu's satin black SVT project

looking good,looks like it needs the bumpers repainted tho :shrug:..... hope it looks a lot better when washed and clayed etc...

You are as sharp as a tac, yes the bumpers need attention - hopefully she cleans up good after the clay/wax.

Looks great Joe! Wheels look hot! Exhaust looks clean too. Where'd you get that 1902 decal? It doesn't have the Saleen look to it like the parkedcar ones... Just curious.
Erick --

Honestly I don't know where the #s came from. They were on the car already, and I do like the style.

I can't believe how much I have done already:crazy:.

Everything I have done since I got it:
-9,000 mile stainless borla cat back
-sunroof motor
-wiper stalk and relay
-power antenna
-new headlights
-new oval grill
-3/4" plywood trunk floor
-mag style spare tire
-fog light bulbs
-replaced stock hood with another stock hood and bra
-painted carbon fiber cowl hood
-painted rear reflector
-chrome focus svt wheels
-new rotors(tonight/tomorrow)
-relocated windshield squirters
-replaced drivers door
-replaced mirrors
-custom cut #1902 battery tie down bar
-returned intake to stock with K&N filter
-kenwood cd player
-pioneer 50w RMS door speakers
-fixed trunk lid wire harness
-extra rear bumper painted ready for install
-oil change

Things to do yet:
-paintless dent removal to drivers rear 1/4 panel and a few small dings throughout car.
-change E0 ding guard on drivers door to E1 style
-maybe replace windshield (small crack by rearview mirror and some chips)
-change out two front 1/4 panels(I have the passenger side already)
-straighten exhaust tips
-install new rear bumper

Well, my goal was to keep it mostly stock and because it will be a DD all year and go everywhere I want the ding guards.

Well, my goal was to keep it mostly stock and because it will be a DD all year and go everywhere I want the ding guards.
your trying to justify keeping the ding guards that are the least effective:crazy: If you want a full set of E0 ones I am going to be pulling mine soon enough lol

car looks totally different with the rims/CF hood/painted reflector (in a good way). I'm surprised at how much you have done so fast!:drool:

I think I have OCD when it comes to having everything done. I want it done and NOW! - I hate working on cars but that seems to be all I do:crazy:. At least this is all easy cosmetic stuff.

I will be bringing this one down to Chicago for sure on sunday. Still need to change the rotors out and rotate the tires while I am at it.

Eh, it doesn't bother me. I might just touch up the really scraped parts and clay/wax. I don't want to lose my build #.

The ding guards always seemed useless to me since most car doors have lines the stick out above the ding guards on the Contours.

Either way though, the car looks sweet. :drool:

Your claybar and wax, and headlights give me hope of shining up my own black & tan. You've done a really great job on your car.

Thank you. I havn't gotten to give it any attention lately just because I am trying to enjoy the last bit of summer. It looks pretty good now and still runs great.

I don't regret buying this one at all and this turned out to be better for us in the long run. Good luck with your project!

Back