• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blu's satin black SVT project

That's where we are different, I WOULD! haha

I put the new lights on last night:drool:, and brought the cowl hood and rear reflector into work today to get some liquidy smooth black paint :drool::drool::drool::drool:

wait, so its $270 for the 2 1/2 vehicles? youd think theyd only charge half for the trailer :laugh:

I don't pay for trailer plates, those are just fake ones I ordered off the internet ;).

p.s. - I just scuffed the hood and rear reflector for paint

;) - all day every day. With me getting this blk/tan svt I have now opened the market for everyone around here for blown motor/trans and cheap SVTs because I am done looking. It feels great. Maybe some day I will be lucky enough that someone will want to trade me a t-red/tan for mine straight up...... we'll see :D

Black rear reflector is on and I picked up a 10yr old Borla cat back with only 9,000 miles on it. Sweet barn find today just thought I would share ;).

Hood will be home on monday, pics after that..... maybe :D

BLAKNBLU

would be my choice for plates

but yeah you can't have my T-red/tan yet maybe after I put that intake of yours on it.....:drool: nope I changed my mind.....

Thanks for your input on the plates now, but it's too late :rolleyes:

I did think of doing "BLK N TAN", but changed my mind.

Borla is on and sounds better than I expected. Even with those tiny mufflers they have:shrug:. There was enough dust in the new exhaust when I started the car it was like a babys butt with powder on it "poof":laugh:.

Cowl hood will be on at lunch time today, ewwww I can't wait!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Borla is on and sounds better than I expected. Even with those tiny mufflers they have:shrug:. There was enough dust in the new exhaust when I started the car it was like a babys butt with powder on it "poof":laugh:.

Cowl hood will be on at lunch time today, ewwww I can't wait!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

borla is to quiet i just put one on a 3.0 build i did and i didnt like it. almost sounds like stock

I actually wanted a stock-ish sounding setup, so I am happy with it. Still a little grumble at idle but not "look at me" kind of sound for sure. Very stock like.

yeah CSVT#49's car with the borla was quiet when he still had a cat on it. once he got the test pipe, it opened up a lot. sounds pretty good, but kinda high pitched for my liking. of course i'm a poor judge, i like em loud and throaty :D

since when did u become one who isnt a "look at me" kinda person;)? lol

ha-ha

The looker is EGPLNT not the conturd. But now with the hood, wheels, and exhaust on it is saying "look at me!" so it kinda went in the opposite direction than planned :blackeye:..... Pics in a little bit ;)

EggPlant is like a High School Cheerleader
Conturd is like a High School EMO

They both get the attention they need, just in different ways.

OK :laugh:

8-24-2009002.jpg

8-24-2009003.jpg

8-24-2009005.jpg

8-24-2009007.jpg

8-24-2009009.jpg

8-24-2009018.jpg

8-24-2009015.jpg

8-24-2009017.jpg

8-24-2009016.jpg

I know my tips are crooked yet and I need to change over the EO ding guard to the E1 style.

Here is a pic of the bra'd stock hood:
8-24-2009011.jpg

Here is the damaged rear rotors:
8-24-2009020.jpg

The entire car needs to be washed, clayed, and waxed. I havn't washed it since I have had it:crazy:. I love the cowl hood painted on the black:drool:, oh baby. The extra rear bumper I have will go in for paint probably tomorrow because you can see the original is cracked. The painted rear reflector is also pretty cool looking and I am glad I did that. It's amazing what new headlights and some wheels can do to a car.

How's it lookin guys?

Looks great! Slight drop and it would be perfect, maybe 1/2" - 1" all the way around.

Which car ya bringing down the 30th?

Back