• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$$11,000, Am I tripping?!

Well...auction has ended and it didnt sell. Who would have guessed that right.

The funny thing is, that someone offered him $10,500 and he declined!!! What a moron!

I offered him 10K and he said he'd sell it to me, but A. The interior pics he sent me made it look like all the MNB plastic moldings around the door all looked scuffed and a big scratch on the glove box. B. The paint is ugly and would have to repaint(PITA) somtime later on down the road. There's somthing fishy about that car and im not sure what it is but I find it odd for the guy to buy it and sell it a week later because he "lost his job". I dont know maybe im crazy but it seems sketchy.

I offered him 10K and he said he'd sell it to me, but A. The interior pics he sent me made it look like all the MNB plastic moldings around the door all looked scuffed and a big scratch on the glove box. B. The paint is ugly and would have to repaint(PITA) somtime later on down the road. There's somthing fishy about that car and im not sure what it is but I find it odd for the guy to buy it and sell it a week later because he "lost his job". I dont know maybe im crazy but it seems sketchy.

I agree with you on that one... does sound rather convenient for his job loss and sale... maybe he lost the job b/c he bought the car :D

Please tell me you're joking. There's over spray in every wheel well pictured. How is that quality? Plus the side moldings appear to be white or silver, though it could be the lighting in the pics.

I'm still going with there's something not right with this car, but that's just my opinion.

i do see what you mean with the wheel wells...but i don't see anything in the engine bay and the door jams look good too. it's hard to judge the quality of the paint job with pictures regardless but it certainly doesn't look bad, other than the poor choice of color.

and the side moldings are white...but what does that have to do with anything? other than poor color choice on the part of the owner.

If anyone was wondering the seller sold it to a local bid at $8.7K. I could have had it for $9k but I couldent get past the color. I would get no enjoyment out of that car until in was painted, and since I wouldent be able to right away, it was just hard to justify. The low miles are what tempted me though because I'm sure I would have had it painted by 20K miles. Oh well some things are not meant to be I guess! Hopefully a low mileage Tropic Green CSVT comes on ebay soon!

Well...auction has ended and it didnt sell. Who would have guessed that right.

The funny thing is, that someone offered him $10,500 and he declined!!! What a moron!

$10,500...What's mine worth? It's got less than 2500 miles (yeah, you read that correctly...two thousand five hundred)

hey nice car. i have the contour svt that was on here 2 weeks ago with 12k miles and that ugly blue. i didnt pick the color i just bought the car becuase it was mint inside and out no scratches or anything. (interior perfect) Just wanted to let you know this is a nice car and if it does not sell please let me know i will make you a real offer. I have mine in the shop getting a total restore.
My new Ebay bud....

When I bought mine, some guy close to us wanted to pay me 11,500 for it but I declined. He might be interested in yours, let me know and I can try and track down his info.
-J

Thanks, but not to worry. I'm not too concerned about it. If it sells, fine - more hobby money. If it doesn't, fine - I have a fun, good weather driver.

Either way, no big deal.

My new Ebay bud....

and if it does not sell please let me know i will make you a real offer. I have mine in the shop getting a total restore.

In other words, if it doesnt sell he'll lowball you. :troutslap: He'll probably offer you less than what he ended up getting for his car since it "his had less miles" even though it has that god awful paint job. Hopefully it sells on ebay.

Last edited:
It does sound funny that he bought it and after a week he needs to sell it.:shrug:

That thing def needs help. Poor svt looks like someone tried to swing him to the gay side.

Wow I'm surprised no one else has picked up on the fact that the picture under the hood you can clearly see the black passenger side strut tower with the factory stickers on it. Not only that look at how under the hood you can still see black, as well as over spray. Also the rad support is black.

Now I know someone is going to say maybe they were painted black when the exterior was done, but seriously by the looks of this do you really think the engine was pulled and the entire engine bay painted black? I don't think so. Honestly the whole thing sounds like a scam. Just my 2 cents.

I think you're on the right track - the door jamb hardware and latches are all painted, so if they're going to be so lazy as to paint those instead of taking them off, why would they bother to take the engine out and paint the bay?

MY svt

MY svt

i own the SVT yall are all talking about with the bad paint job. I agree it was a terribe choice but i have had the car re finished and it looks great!. Plus this contour only has 12k miles on it still. I was trying to sell it on ebay because i got a unbelieveable deal from the original owner and just wanted to make a profit until i saw how clean this car was besides the paint! (didnt want to come out of poclet anymore on the paint just because it cost me 3900)I will post pictures of the car ASAP.. to all you people out there can see.

Back