• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$$11,000, Am I tripping?!

its probably for real. but the way i see it is... If i'm gonna spend 11grand on a svt tour which its value will plummet, i'd rather just add 9-10grand and pick up the saleen one. yeah i know its busted. it'd still rather pick that.

Wow I'm surprised no one else has picked up on the fact that the picture under the hood you can clearly see the black passenger side strut tower with the factory stickers on it. Not only that look at how under the hood you can still see black, as well as over spray. Also the rad support is black.

Now I know someone is going to say maybe they were painted black when the exterior was done, but seriously by the looks of this do you really think the engine was pulled and the entire engine bay painted black? I don't think so. Honestly the whole thing sounds like a scam. Just my 2 cents.

yeah but judging by how body parts were obviously removed to do the color change...notice you see no red (or whatever the iriginal color was)anywhere in the engine bay or the door jams, and the blue goes up under the fenders and stuff...looks like it was done right

Last edited:
I offered this tool 5grand for the car just to see what he would say and he said stop bugging him with stupid offers, I just told him he had a stupid price. He counter offered me 10.5grand. :laugh:
What a fool.

$10,300 is a deal for that thing. Imagine -- every time you got behind the wheel, you'd feel like you were one of the friggin' Doublemint twins. The car looks like a jello mold from Christmas 1975.

I guess we all think differently here but it only has 12K on it..Ok so the color was changed whoohoo that can easly be changed..But 11K is a tad high but im sure if someone really wanted the car for the mileage they would pay it and then repaint it if they just have money out there bung hole..

I myself if I had some money just around and wanted a LOW mileage CSVT I would pay a fair price..

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay we all know that but if someone wants a set price bad enough they will stick with it..Im still trying to sell a 4,000 dollar S/C and my highest offer was 1K..But im not selling it for that i know what its worth and will keep it till someone wants to pay what its worth.

Just my .02cents

I guess we all think differently here but it only has 12K on it..Ok so the color was changed whoohoo that can easly be changed..But 11K is a tad high but im sure if someone really wanted the car for the mileage they would pay it and then repaint it if they just have money out there bung hole..

I myself if I had some money just around and wanted a LOW mileage CSVT I would pay a fair price..

You really have to figure, its $11K + $3-4K to paint the car back to its original color, because nobody in their right mind would want a car that color. :troutslap: I would pay a fair price too for a low mileage SVT, but it better be all original! :laugh:

You really have to figure, its $11K + $3-4K to paint the car back to its original color, because nobody in their right mind would want a car that color. :troutslap: I would pay a fair price too for a low mileage SVT, but it better be all original! :laugh:

Yeah but if you have that much money to throw at a 10year old car car then you should have enough to put it back to a factory color..
And yeah it better be all Factory Original Minus the paint of course.

yeah but judging by how body parts were obviously removed to do the color change...notice you see no red (or whatever the iriginal color was)anywhere in the engine bay or the door jams, and the blue goes up under the fenders and stuff...looks like it was done right

Please tell me you're joking. There's over spray in every wheel well pictured. How is that quality? Plus the side moldings appear to be white or silver, though it could be the lighting in the pics.

I'm still going with there's something not right with this car, but that's just my opinion.

Please tell me you're joking. There's over spray in every wheel well pictured. How is that quality? Plus the side moldings appear to be white or silver, though it could be the lighting in the pics.

I'm still going with there's something not right with this car, but that's just my opinion.

I guess someone will just have to go take a look for them selfs and see what its really all about..
Anyone have a VIN run a carfax..See what it will say.

Rule #26: Thou shalt not buy a car in the colors of brown, pink, lime green, orange or sky blue.

See "The 28 Rules of Manhood": http://www.i-am-bored.com/28rulesofmanhood.html

:shrug: hotness
2545349_5_full.jpg

Back