• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new exhaust

millertime86

CEG'er
The first video is with a magnaflow exhaust rigged on, the second is without any muffler. (both have a resonator close to the front/beginning of piping)

i heard mufflers add a little bit of torque/HP, but not alot. and the 25 pounds that the muffler adds prolly makes the added power barely noticable if at all. so im pretty much just going on sound now.

just wondering which setup you guys think sounds better?

with magnaflow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aNVNCPpH6A

no muffler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITe96JXAiyA

thanks in advance!

magnaflow sounds better than the other one...but there's still some rasp to it...

;)

did you build a whole new exhaust of just replaced stuff here 'n there?

than again....you should do a straight pipe instead of a muffler, see how that sounds..

magnaflow sounds better than the other one...but there's still some rasp to it...

;)

did you build a whole new exhaust of just replaced stuff here 'n there?

than again....you should do a straight pipe instead of a muffler, see how that sounds..

everything is stock up until the muffler. stock piping and stock resonator.

and the 2nd video is a straight pipe with no muffler.

what causes the raspiness, is there any way to get rid of it? i need to do a tune up (new oil, filter, airfilter, plugs, etc) and the muffler wasnt welded and im sure had some leakage, could this have caused rasp?

what causes the raspiness, is there any way to get rid of it? i need to do a tune up (new oil, filter, airfilter, plugs, etc) and the muffler wasnt welded and im sure had some leakage, could this have caused rasp?

2 1/4 piping, 1 resonator (that replaces your factory one) and straight pipe to finish it with.

many guys here have done it and it sounds good, I give them credit for the idea...

everybody makes fun of my snowflake PJs. maybe i should stop wearing them out in public and on dates.

and i heard good things about the 2.25 piping and straightpipe, but its just not in my budget right now. when i tune up and weld on the muffler (so no leaks) will that make it sound any better? or is there anything else i can do?

You can pick up an SVT exhaust at a decent price if you can find someone in your area that has one. That is what I'm doing soon and I'll let you know how it turns out...

i lied, its not that i dont have enough money, im just cheap, haha. hopefully when i gte it all welded on, it wont be raspy.

Bah! Don't be so hopeful, man! Try it with clamps first instead, because that way you can change it if you want. Welding makes it nearly permanent...

it kind of sounds good without the muffler.. i put a straight pipe in place of the rez on my old GL and put a regular dual tip muffler on it, and after it warms up it sounds ok.

haha, this video was shot at the same time as the other, i was just off camera in this one ;)

so you guys dont think it sounds ricey/fart-can-ish at all?

haha,,,,, i will with my next car. i just dont think its worth it now that my car looks like crap from a dent in the one door. i just dont want my car to sound and perform great, and then just look like crap.

haha,,,,, i will with my next car. i just dont think its worth it now that my car looks like crap from a dent in the one door. i just dont want my car to sound and perform great, and then just look like crap.

That makes total sence! :) You'd rather have it look and run like $hiat, right? lol

id hate to have a great running car, and everything is great except the exterior, cause thats what most people go by. im not gonna dump money into something that LOOKs like junk. i need the total package =)

Back