• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1 piece bumper w/ Mirko anyone? and other custom parts...

yes..good quality,but they're about a 3/4-1" shorter than the stock one's though. i have pics of them vs the svt front and rear bumper.s

yes..good quality,but they're about a 3/4-1" shorter than the stock one's though. i have pics of them vs the svt front and rear bumper.s

im just talking about the side skirts here. are they jackpoint cover-less? are they good enough or do we need to make some of these ourselves? :shrug:

old_left_hand_shot

like i said..the quality was good,i had no pin holes or anything to fill,shipped quickly and safely. no need to rivet brackets to the rockers for guys w/out the brackets...but they are a bit shorter.

like i said..the quality was good,i had no pin holes or anything to fill,shipped quickly and safely. no need to rivet brackets to the rockers for guys w/out the brackets...but they are a bit shorter.

ah ok, i wasnt sure what you mean by "shorter". i thought maybe you meant they arent long enough (from wheel to wheel) :laugh:

thanks for the pic

Count me in for a bumper dependent on the final price. $500 is a fair chunk of change, but I guess $340 for a Mirko is :eek:.

Good job! I hope something comes of this. As far as the front clearance issue, there are less folks concerned about it than those that aren't so I wouldn't even worry about it. It would be easier to raise the car an inch if it's that big a worry. Oh, and the phrase is "irons in the fire" for future reference. :laugh:
Karl
I'll disagree Karl. You guys must not use the SVT as a DD. If you have a lowered car and Mirko it is really low for a DD.
And raising the car and inch :nonono:
Anyway, I'm in if you get some extra GC, otherwise I'm out.
-J

I'll disagree Karl. You guys must not use the SVT as a DD. If you have a lowered car and Mirko it is really low for a DD.
And raising the car and inch :nonono:
Anyway, I'm in if you get some extra GC, otherwise I'm out.
-J
Don't know about the other guys but my car is my DD and it's lowered. If the bottom of the splitter isn't at least as low as the side skirts, IMHO the overal look of the car will suffer.
Karl

well the whole point of this is that its going to be made of flexible material. believe, i have a lowered csvt with a mirko. right now its on stock wheels and the Mirko is hammered :blackeye:

having it made out of this flexible material should make all the difference in the world for those that are concerned with scraping it on everything. add in one of Pole's skidplates and you should be good to go.

believe, i have a lowered csvt with a mirko. right now its on stock wheels and the Mirko is hammered :blackeye:

having it made out of this flexible material should make all the difference in the world for those that are concerned with scraping it on everything. add in one of Pole's skidplates and you should be good to go.
That's my point from what I have read and seen in pics. My car is completely stock and I still have to be careful in many situations. The flexibility will help, but the GC is also a concern.
In the end you need to make a product that will give you the largest market, and that's obviously for you to decide.
I will be lowering my car this spring (sent you a PM BTW) and for me, I'd be out if its the same GC as the Mirko.
-J

the company wants me to forward them some good quality pics of the pieces we're interested in having made.

i need pics of (off the car):
1. stock front bumper with mirko on it
2. a side skirt, doesnt matter which
3. the rear window wing if anyone has a pic of it off the car, if not, on the car will have to do.

we'll work on these three things first, then other parts later.

please post the pics here in the thread.

I know where to find a pic of the ausie sunshade (#3), but I don't want to post it without the guy's permission. I'll ask him.

thank you for the good front bumper pics. anyone have a good shot of a side skirt? preferably off the car if possible. and the rear wing? the guy emailed me this morning asking for the pics.. let's get going on this if we can. Matty K just destroyed his mirko and skidplate and needs this asap! :nonono: :crazy:

i have a brand new side skirt i could take pics of if noone can come up w/any

cool, please do.

i inquired yesterday through my contact. he said he forward the front bumper pic to them and they said the mold will cost more than they originally thought. i guess more work than they thought. he's going to find out more specific details for me. hopefully in the next day or so.

Back