• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1 piece bumper w/ Mirko anyone? and other custom parts...

deffinetly will want a bumper. this sounds awesome. i would like a good splitter for the std. SE bumpers. my car has the SE sideskirts and id like to get a front splitter to match it.

id pay for a bada$$ one of a few bumper. i have, well not me a dude from across the pond, has a sweet idea for an SE bumper or something like his. here it is.

338823_42_full.jpg

i want that front bumper to match my SE sideskirts please :D

I think making some Mondeo parts to fit our cars would be a great idea, but I can see how it could be difficult to do. I would surely be in a just a splitter made out of stronger material.

im interested to hear a price on a pair of sideskirts with no jackpoint covers. How much do these parts usually cost?

This would seriously interest me. I've never removed the covers to jack up the car. I drive on 2X4's and use a floor jack. They always look half azzed and never fit in the way they're supposed to. I also like the ability to remove the Mirko since I'm still forced to drive my car year-round. Maybe if I had a beater, I'd be interested.

i personally think that if you made a front splitter for both an SVT and a similar one for a non-svt more people would buy. it may be a little more expensive but there are a lot more non svt contours out there than there are svt and so the market is much greater. by selling the non svt front splitters to more people i would pick up the difference for the svt splitter.

the mirko splitter is a functional splitter. if you do alter it please try and keep the original function of it. if you have to lift it in the front a bit try and keep the back down to create a venturi effect to keep the original down-force characteristics of the original. PLEASE let me see if i can find the website that i found some very good info on splitter design. form AND function is always more appealing to the masses.

I'm definitely interested in the front bumper with integrated splitter. Do you have any idea of a time line on this? When could we expect to be able to be able to purchase? This spring, summer, next decade, etc?

i personally think that if you made a front splitter for both an SVT and a similar one for a non-svt more people would buy. it may be a little more expensive but there are a lot more non svt contours out there than there are svt and so the market is much greater. by selling the non svt front splitters to more people i would pick up the difference for the svt splitter.

the mirko splitter is a functional splitter. if you do alter it please try and keep the original function of it. if you have to lift it in the front a bit try and keep the back down to create a venturi effect to keep the original down-force characteristics of the original. PLEASE let me see if i can find the website that i found some very good info on splitter design. form AND function is always more appealing to the masses.
I agree with you on making it functional, but you could still make it functional and improve ground clearance slightly. My car is completely stock and when I had it on the lift you could still see where the factory bumper cover has scrapes underneath. If you lower the car and have a splitter it will rub even if your careful. Like I said earlier, I like the look of the front splitter, but I'd only be in the market for one that is more flexible and slightly higher than the Mirko. I'm sure this would be the majority vote as well.
As far as an SE front goes, I'd say although there are more SEs, the SVT market for this product would be larger than the SE market :shrug: . Wouldn't the SE look better with the SVT front anyway?
-J

I agree with you on making it functional, but you could still make it functional and improve ground clearance slightly. My car is completely stock and when I had it on the lift you could still see where the factory bumper cover has scrapes underneath. If you lower the car and have a splitter it will rub even if your careful. Like I said earlier, I like the look of the front splitter, but I'd only be in the market for one that is more flexible and slightly higher than the Mirko. I'm sure this would be the majority vote as well.
As far as an SE front goes, I'd say although there are more SEs, the SVT market for this product would be larger than the SE market :shrug: . Wouldn't the SE look better with the SVT front anyway?
-J

Oh, and sorry for the post-whoring, but just making parts for SVTs is not in your best interest. AliasJerk and others (myself included) really want parts. Also, don't forget that you also have a large market in us pre-98 guys

Oh, and sorry for the post-whoring, but just making parts for SVTs is not in your best interest. AliasJerk and others (myself included) really want parts. Also, don't forget that you also have a large market in us pre-98 guys
I understand there are more SEs than SVTs, but I'd still say an SVT front bumper would sell better than a bumper for SEs.
-J

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but look at the members on this site. I'd say at least 75% of the more active ones are SVT owners. I will agree that there were more SE's made, but when you look at the population who upgrade their car, the majority are SVT owners. In addition, you can put SVT parts on an SE, and I think that most will agree that they look better. Take BrApple's SeVT for example- http://www.fordcontour.org/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=view_item&CID=121

Don't be confused. I have an SHO...so when I saw that, it made me think of the custom one on Panama Pat's SHO....and made me want one even more.

Air ride? How come you run air ride? (not ball busting, genuinely curious)..does it handle offer better handling? Seems to me, there's be way too many options...hell, adjustable Konis had me secodn guessing myself whenever I had a bad run at the Auto-x...if I had air ride I'd constantly be asking, "Hmmm another 1/4" up or down...would that have helped?

:confused:

anyways... i agree with having a little extra ground clearance with the new bumper. if it ends up with the same clearance as a stock bumper with a mirko, im definitely out. air ride + mirko = smashed up splitter the first time i drop it to the ground

Back