• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

hey man, take care, looks like there is a big storm headed your way.

Tell me about it. I finished working on the car (hope I found a solution in 1000 degree exhaust wrap that hardens) and went into take a shower. While I was in there, Alena comes in saying the tornado siren is going off. So with conditioner still in my hair, I throw some clothes on (who wants to be found dead from a tornado naked), grabed all the animals, and went into the basement.....only to have it end just as we get down there. :laugh: I look at the radar and right where my dads is, there is a dark red spot....so I call him up to ask him how it is over there and he says fine. I tell him what is up and he goes outside quick to see the clouds, only to have the wind suddenly pick up and rain like no tomorrow....for one minute. For the past hour there was a nice lighting storm to the south that I watch from the upstairs. Cool stuff. Now it is raining as well and the dog is freakin' out......I want to punch him in the head.

well glad your alright. i know i was watching it for going past ely and now we are getting storms here. thenkfully though, the lake always seems to disapate them. we are having some serious lightning though. i think i get a lot at my palce becasue it is just across from all the antenas. end of this month when i move to the 2 bedroom i'l be able to see them from the deck. its gonna be awesome!

ClearLakeFunnelCloud71408.jpg

ClearLakeFunnelCloud271408.jpg

ClearLakeFunnelCloud371408.jpg

Those were taken about 13-14 miles DIRECTLY west of my dads last night

I was just talking to a person who was about 1/2 mile from it last night. They were outside drinking and they heard it but they didn't see it....they said it sounded like a jackhammer or chainsaw and didn't give another thought about it. :laugh: Oh yeah, if you want to see the area it was in google, Clear Lake in st. louis county.

That second picture needs to have a kid smiling/waving on the dock and be a post card.

"Hi Mom, just checking in up here at camp, the weather is great!"

It looks so calm and nice except for the small tornado in the background :laugh: Even light out.

I think I might be taking the ypipe off. I seem to have fixed the 02 sensor but I just can't get the darn think aligned right. At the back, towards the cat, there is a nice sized gap....I tried JB Weld and it held, for a day. It blew off on the way home from lunch. I had a similar problem on the talon but it worked for that car. :shrug: I know if I had it welded, it would need to change out the cat. Should i sell it and go back to stock for a little while? The only thing there is one of the bolts for that snapped when I was taking it off...it is one that attaches to the cat and has that stupid pin holding it in. Any idea on how I can get that bugger out?

Just picked up another rear reflector from u-pull. Its primmered right now, paint will be on it 2morrow. Painting license pan also. Oh yea, the spoiler goes on tomorrow also.

Im bringing my laptop back to Best Buy tomorrow for oh probably the 67th time. I have been through so much with this thing. Its had a new hard drive and a new CD-Rom put in it. Now I just tried to get it to play a DVD and it wont. Apparently it needs ANOTHER Rom drive. :nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: :censored::censored::censored::censored:in HP crap. Never should have bought it and wont buy another one.

Back