• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Im bringing my laptop back to Best Buy tomorrow for oh probably the 67th time. I have been through so much with this thing. Its had a new hard drive and a new CD-Rom put in it. Now I just tried to get it to play a DVD and it wont. Apparently it needs ANOTHER Rom drive. :nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: :censored::censored::censored::censored:in HP crap. Never should have bought it and wont buy another one.

Our HP has been great over the past 3 years or so. But that is a lot of stuff to go wrong on yours. :shocked:

just remember, buy your toys when still living rent free. life gets expensive fast!

i think you should have bought a nikon. then i could borrow lenses :D
:laugh: That's why I bought a Canon though! So I can borrow lenses from a friend here.
what type? We got ours on clearance from best scam. Sony Vaio for $520. Dual Core 1.83 Ghz Intel, 2 gigs of DDR2 Ram, 160 gig hard drive, brilliant screen. The bad.....Vista.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t+Red&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587727496

Mine's a Gateway, also from best scam. Dual Core 2.0ish Intel, 3 gig ram, 160gig, 15.4", Vista Home Premium. On sale for $599 (from $699). I kinda wanted one with a higher screen resolution than 1280x800 but realized it's pretty much impossible without stepping up to 17" monitor and I don't want to have to lug around a laptop that sized :laugh:

Upgrading from a P4 3.0ghz, 512mb ram, 14.1", Dell Inspiron that was 4 years old. Battery only lasted about an hour with average use, if I was using it hard even less. This one will handle CS3 much better :D

On a side note, best scam tried selling me one that had a box with a huge flipping hole in it. I got to the car and realized the package had a big gaping hole (like from a fork lift), and marched right back inside. Then the guy there tries telling me that we should open it to see if it looks okay first? I was like, I don't care what it looks like I want one that hasn't been smashed :nonono: So he leaves for like ten minutes (probably put that computer in a different box :mad:) and comes back with one that has a broken seal... The only real reason why I bought it from worst buy is because I have one of their CC's so I got the 6 mo interest free financing. That and I like trying out the mouse buttons to see how cheap they feel. See if I go through all that again though.

Yeah the only reason I bought this computer there was because I also had a CC there. I have since shredded that credit card and closed the account. Never again will I buy something like this from there. Im sure they will just BS me when I go there in a bit and tell me they cant fix it for such and such reason. :nonono: Last time I had problems with the Rom they told me after they tested it that they couldnt do anything with it because it was a software issue..:shrug::confused::nonono: They said they dont cover software issues.:nonono:

So today im going there and telling them that if they dont fix it im taking ALL of my business somewhere else. Im sure they wont care but whatever. IIm just sick of dealing with them.

What is it doing exactly? One thing you might want to do is back up everything (flash drives or external harddrive if the cd rom isn't working) and reformat the harddrive.

When I try to start playing a DVD thats already in the computer it freezes WMP and it wont close. Or if I put the disc in, it wont auto play or sometimes it does but then freezes WMP. Its BS. I have come so close to throwing it across the room. Besides my Marquis buying this laptop has been the biggest mistake ive made.

When I try to start playing a DVD thats already in the computer it freezes WMP and it wont close. Or if I put the disc in, it wont auto play or sometimes it does but then freezes WMP. Its BS. I have come so close to throwing it across the room. Besides my Marquis buying this laptop has been the biggest mistake ive made.

Sounds like a software confliction to me. Did you try removing WMP and reinstalling it? Or just not using WMP at all. There are alot of better movie players out there.

are any of you guys running CS3 on Vista? my photoshop sometimes give me problems. like the tools wont switch off the hand for qutie a while. typically it is fine once i can switch tools, but right now it wont get off the hand!

really frustrating when working on an illustration :mad:

CS3 + vista for me, I've had no issues on either computer thus far. Other than the application doesn't close pretty on my desktop, but that could be hardware related.

$3.79 here at most gas stations.

Air Show was fun to go to. The P-38 was very cool to watch.
P38.jpg

Back