• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

The Contour is small enough that it doesn't need a full length console. No sense in being packed in there like sheep. The original cupholders were pretty disappointing. Besides the lower, smaller console of later years opens up the interior quite a bit. SVT leads the league hands down -- and with the cupholder insert, you can take a beverage anywhere.

That said, if Clayton wants an SE, it's all good. But elraido's right. The SVT rules the roost. :cool:

The Contour is small enough that it doesn't need a full length console. No sense in being packed in there like sheep. The original cupholders were pretty disappointing. Besides the lower, smaller console of later years opens up the interior quite a bit. SVT leads the league hands down -- and with the cupholder insert, you can take a beverage anywhere.

That said, if Clayton wants an SE, it's all good. But elraido's right. The SVT rules the roost. :cool:

The SE is a good car. I loved mine that is for sure. If you do get one, upgrade the exhaust right away and upgrade the y-pipe right away, upgrade the rims and tires right away to 16's or even 17's. Then throw a turbo kit on it. :laugh:

Meh... I am thinking more about just throwing in a straight 3l and eventually turbo or supercharging that. I dont really want the hassle of doing a hybrid.

True. A straight 3L would be easier to install and the performance in the 1/4 mile is similar and it does make a better "DD". It is just nice to know that you have a cam that keeps making power past redline.

True. A straight 3L would be easier to install and the performance in the 1/4 mile is similar and it does make a better "DD". It is just nice to know that you have a cam that keeps making power past redline.

I will say it again, a straight swap is not necessarily easier :crazy: It requires just as much fabrication unless you buy a LIM from Nautilus.

How often do I go past redline... Ummmm... Never. :laugh:

You might change your mind on that if you had SVT cams and a chip, my 2.5 used to see 7400 before I put it in the Cougar :cool: The cougar could do it too but the quiet (stock) exhaust ruins the experience for me :laugh:

i know that, but why? :crazy:

He wants to tour the factory where they made the subway cars for the Orange Line in Boston.

bos-rrt-orange%20line-malden-stn_mbta-railfan.jpg

Back