• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

morette

Yeah, i've also come to terms with never seeing these things for sale... Its too bad i'd love to have'm. But then again so would 80% of CEG so it'd be kind of a downer for everyone to have the same Headlights.
The thing is, even if everyone on CEG had them, that would only be a fraction of the Contiques still on the road so it wouldn't be like you'd be seeing them daily on someone else's car. I never see anyone from the CEG here in SoCal unless there's a meet or something. Heck SVTs must be rare enough here, at least to some people. I had a guy in an SE or GL practically crash into the guy in front of him trying to get a better look at my car, probably wondering what it was or what sort of "body kit" I was using. At any rate, I'm just going to get those eyelids in the group buy and put them on my brand new headlights and forget about these Morettes.
Karl

Ha ha yeah I have had that happen to me too. "What kind of car is that?" And I think that a good percentage of SVT are located in the midwest, say OH and MI. Thats just my thought, because I cant go a day without seeing one.

When they test fit them on my car in April 2006, Harold assured me that I would be getting a set of them free of charge.

One year and four months later, I still have no idea what they're doing, except from people contacting Morette USA. Guess they just used me :blackeye:

It's not like I need DOT optics... I am in Germany!

Last edited:
When they test fit them on my car in April 2006, Harold assured me that I would be getting a set of them free of charge.

One year and four months later, I still have no idea what they're doing, except from people contacting Morette USA. Guess they just used me :blackeye:

It's not like I need DOT optics... I am in Germany!

Ha I know seriously, and I also emailed them and never got a return message (like so many others). Kinda sad. I would love to get a hold of their design though, I'm sure there is another way to make them like fiberglass or something? Who knows, guess its a lost cause. :shrug:

i would really like to get a good look at crispys because all the pics i see they dont look all that complex. i bet i could get a set made

Couldnt you make like a sheet metal backing (or something similar) then do the fiberglass work. When I was active in the probe scene, I saw a guy make something similar to morettes by taking some kinda putty or hard modelling clay that could be shaped by a knife. Then when it hardened and he had the openings for the lights set and stuff he fiberglassed the outside. But I never saw him finish it, but I saw them later and they looked good. I'm just saying it cant be impossible to make something like this. I think I may pick up some lights to mess around with.

hardest part is the backing. if you search the old boards there are pictures of the back and stuff.

yeah ive seen those, i need to actually look at them
it can definatly be done though its just a matter of how much would you pay?

Couldnt you make like a sheet metal backing (or something similar) then do the fiberglass work. When I was active in the probe scene, I saw a guy make something similar to morettes by taking some kinda putty or hard modelling clay that could be shaped by a knife. Then when it hardened and he had the openings for the lights set and stuff he fiberglassed the outside. But I never saw him finish it, but I saw them later and they looked good. I'm just saying it cant be impossible to make something like this. I think I may pick up some lights to mess around with.

yea this is what im saying to. you could pretty much just mold it from the head light inner i would think

seperated...
picture.JPG

french connection...
picture.JPG

contour vs. mondeo
picture.JPG

morette factory...
picture.JPG

prototypes...
picture.JPG

those pics are great thank you. see the exterior housing can be handmade the only issue woud be the back plate and lighting which really wouldnt be that diff. and i could get them to contour better with the fender( i know a guy here in mi. that knows a thing or two about lights:laugh: )

I looks pretty tough, but I really think it could be done....With ALOT of work.

And damn Mikey, everytime I see that pic I fall in love with it. (Thats why its my background for a while now) :D

just getting the curves and shiz, especially to line up with the body would probably be a long process of trial and error.

ive seen alot more complicated glass work than that :shrug:

it is now my mission i will speak to some people who know some people who do this sorta thing and i will have a set made.

good luck...

Mikey still has that Mondeo set that you see in the pictures above he posted... the assembly is too large of course and you'd have to modify your radiator supports/bumper and fender area but it can be done.

someone on here already did it and it looked great.... it might be cheaper and easier than attempting to make your own hand buildt set

pm Mikey to see how much he would sell them to you.. I owned them previously and never installed them.. we did a swap + cash for the contour prototypes

If someone is good with emachineshop, I wonder how much an injection molded kit like this would cost. With their prototype in hand, I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to get it into CAD. Unfortunately, I've tried the emachineshop software and apparently suck at this sort of stuff.

Back