• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Hmmm... Now im gonna be nervous and think about this all day. I really like the car though. And the mods done to it are :drool::drool:.

That tranny is solid. That is always the part I would worry about most. Engine = meh. It is a 96 so you can do an easy 3.0L in it if it goes. headers = bonus!

crap, left my lights on this morning. DOH! And can I reach the wife to give me a ride home to pick up my battary boster? Nope!

A street that is about as flat as it gets. :) And I am parral parked as well. That would be an interesting feat to get out of LOL

:laugh: I almost had to do that once with my old red probe. Parallel parked, fog lights on and at school :blackeye: It wouldn't start when I first cranked it over but I let it sit for a few minutes after turning the lights off and it BARELY started. I was very careful not to stall the car :crazy:

Last edited:
PMing you now... :D :D...

Here's hoping it cleans up to somewhere near this (less the color difference):

97_ford_contour_se-1.jpg

I gotta go out and work on the beast today. WP bypass hose is pissing coolant straight out of it and into the fan. :nonono: Dang 20 year old hoses.:laugh:

Meh... I think their overrated. :D

I guess I just like the older style better. I can do anything with a pre-98 that I can with an SVT, so meh...

Custom front bumper? :crazy: Those be crazy expensive yo! Then if you get a 3.0L, and you want SVT cams and SVT UIM LIM Fuel Rail.

Then again Pre98's have Rod shifters. :drool: and better seats, and better quality dashs, and better center consol.

Then again changing the bulbs on the head lights is a major pain.

Back