• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New owner with some pics!

funinak

CEG'er
DSCF2480.JPG
Here
DSCF2479.JPG
Here
DSCF2478.JPG
is Here is my 98 CSVT #5567 It is mostly stock from what I can see. It is VERY clean and only a few scratches on the body. Mileage is only 74K, It need a few minor cosmetic pieces to make it complete. The 3rd brake light is functional but the housing/cover was all cracked and broken, the power antenna mast is a bit bent so it grinds some going up, trunk struts are weak and there is no popper spring so it's a PAIN to open. The spring is NOT available thru FORD. Anyone got any ideas where ti find one? The previous owner had the front and rear bumper covers replaced with standard Contour pieces but the seem to fit very well and will actually be better for my use here on the Alaskan roads not being so low in the front.
The original owners manual with the SVT supplement AND even the dealer sales window sticker:laugh: still intact and perfectly preserved!! Itt's going to be a fun car, it drives and runs awesome. I just did my first oil change (nice location for the oil filter right above the exhaust!?:shrug: ) and I eve was able to get to ALL 6 spark plugs pretty easily.
I do have one problem, the previous owner put a set of new TYC headlights in and now the are filling up with condensation BAD!!!
DSCF2472.JPG
He told me that he had the same problem with another set so he sent them back and go a new set and now they are doing the same thing:help: What can I do? Is there a fix or do I need to replace them again with a better brand? here are a few pics of it. Enjoy...
Jeff

...headlights...do I need to replace them again with a better brand? here are a few pics of it. Enjoy...
Jeff

You sure do. And that brand is Ford. You can get them as cheap or cheaper than any of the knock off brands. Call Steve at Tousley Ford at 800-328-9552 and he'll get you sorted out. They're about $98 per, from memory.

Welcome to Contour land. Congratulations on your new SVT. And beautiful scenery in those pictures, by the way.

Welcome!
WOW! look at the backdrop for those pictures! Where do you live?

where are you bumpers!?

did either of you bother to read the post :confused:

funinak said:
The previous owner had the front and rear bumper covers replaced with standard Contour pieces but the seem to fit very well and will actually be better for my use here on the Alaskan roads not being so low in the front.

You sure do. And that brand is Ford. You can get them as cheap or cheaper than any of the knock off brands. Call Steve at Tousley Ford at 800-328-9552 and he'll get you sorted out. They're about $98 per, from memory.

yup best idea is to go with Ford headlights ... but if you just purchsed the TYC lights I would say they are defective and you should return for a refund or replacement ...

Gone, I believe, in favor of the SE setup -- good for traversing the Alaskan wilds with ease.

I agree on the Ford Headlights from Steve, I know him personally and he's a great guy.

Looks so high in the back without the low SVT bumper :laugh: Looks good either way :) The side skirts look kinda out of place on it though without the front and rear SVT bumpers.

I need to meet up with you to take some pictures, that scenery is awesome :drool:

Nice, even though in Alaska, I still wouldn't be able to have just stock Contour bumpers. Very nice scenery though. I know everyone's telling you that. Enjoy the fun CSVT. I used to own a black 00CSVT but got rid of it. Now i'm trying to find a short block for my newly purchased 99 CSVT (Red). WELCOME!

Do our cars really sit THAT high stock? :) Looks kind of funny without the SVT bumpers but, if it suits your needs you do what you have to do. Enjoy it

HEY thanks for all the KIND words guys!!:laugh: I just got back from a weekend camping trip. Yeah it does look kind of odd with the stock contour bumpers but it looks like I'm going to have to deal with it, given the availability and cost of OEM SVT bumpers. It's fine for me, the car will be a daily driver and not a show/racer. Except for an occational red light launch just to show up some wannabe'.
Hey excel4600C where in Turkiye are you? I spent 6 months at Incirlik AB back in 2002.

He is probably stationed there considering he is military and yes the roads in AK are horrible and in the winter any lowered car will be trashed by the snow and ice chunks everywhere. Where in AK are you, I was stationed at Ft.Richardson in c/co 84th eng from 94-98. And if you are getting stuff from a ford dealership, lemme guess Cal worthington,lol.

Go to the subaru dealership near The great alaskan bush company and see a guy named Jimmie Roberson and tell him Ryan Yoder sent you and he can get you Ford parts for cost. That is if you are in Anchorage.

He is probably stationed there considering he is military and yes the roads in AK are horrible and in the winter any lowered car will be trashed by the snow and ice chunks everywhere. Where in AK are you, I was stationed at Ft.Richardson in c/co 84th eng from 94-98. And if you are getting stuff from a ford dealership, lemme guess Cal worthington,lol.

Go to the subaru dealership near The great alaskan bush company and see a guy named Jimmie Roberson and tell him Ryan Yoder sent you and he can get you Ford parts for cost. That is if you are in Anchorage.

The roads really aren't that much different than where I am in the winter. No need to go changing the bumpers because of it. And I am guessing he is stationed in Fairbanks.

Back