• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Ouch :blackeye:

No ticket though. :cool: He asked if I have been pulled over before for it, and I said yeah and I got the car back in late fall, so I was going to wait until it warmed up before I was going to remove it. :laugh: I think I am going to have to at least remove the tint on the rear doors and put something lighter on it....leave the rear window.

No ticket though. :cool: He asked if I have been pulled over before for it, and I said yeah and I got the car back in late fall, so I was going to wait until it warmed up before I was going to remove it. :laugh: I think I am going to have to at least remove the tint on the rear doors and put something lighter on it....leave the rear window.

What's on the front doors?

I'd like to have mine re-done... It's like ~25% all around and the back window has been pretty bad since I bought it (what 5 years ago?). It's weird and kinda blurry to look through :laugh:

What's on the front doors?

I'd like to have mine re-done... It's like ~25% all around and the back window has been pretty bad since I bought it (what 5 years ago?). It's weird and kinda blurry to look through :laugh:

There is nothing on the front doors and the rears are 20%. But it looks so good, I don't want to get rid of it. :cry:

Is it really that bad to have it this dark?
DSC02087.jpg

Guess who got pulled over again today for tint and front plate!

the plate law always bugs me. when i got my svt back fromt he shop the first time i had them shave the bumpers of the holes. then i drove it from 2005-2007 with no front plate and was never hassled.

The fiero hasnt run one since i bought the car in 05. the bracket would mess up my feresh paint :) never been hassled about it either.

maybe you jason have a punk look and the cops wanna bust you lol.

you with a punk look, it makes me laugh lol :D

i wonder why some cars get bugged ahout tint more than others. my cars are both tinted (basically legal though) and the PO of the golf got pulled over for tint, while my moms subaru is REALLY dark all around (az car) and has never been hassled. makes no sense, cause it is on a white car and you cant really see in at all.

tony, someone stole your car and pulled the molding off! looks good
(is that an audi in the back or a vw?)

No clue! Pud took that picture...I don't have a decent one showing off the tint without a lot of glare from the sun.

Funny thing when I was pulled over, the cop asked me if I as getting off work since I had a polo shirt on some khaki colored cargo pants. Nope...came from home and going to a friends house. :crazy:

Found out why I have been having some problems shifting into some gears. My tranny mount bolt was broken. :laugh: This was discovered after I had to push start the car because the starter finally crapped out. Good thing the new one came in the mail today! :crazy: I am having fun trying to get to that front bolt on the stupid thing. I left my ratcheting wrenches at home!

and chris will sell you a 3L for about 4500.

or go with your idea, and in two months you'll have spun a rod bearing and put a hole in the diff. sounds negative, but you know it happens. one or the other usually

and chris will sell you a 3L for about 4500.

or go with your idea, and in two months you'll have spun a rod bearing and put a hole in the diff. sounds negative, but you know it happens. one or the other usually

:blackeye:

Could you explain why those things would happen? Just so I know.

:blackeye:

Could you explain why those things would happen? Just so I know.

SVT's had a bad head design - if you take an exit/entrance ramp at speed you have a high chance of starving the pickup and spinning a bearing as the oil doesn't properly drain from the rear head.

As for the transmission - I blew up my stock transmission within a month of getting my 3L... All the extra torque kills the spider gears unless you are very careful, I was not.

We are not telling you to get one from 3LDuratec to boost someone we know, we tell you that because they do it right, and you really should do it right the first time. It is your money - we just don't want to see you waste it.

I purchased my car from blackcoog and as I said killed the transmission in a month, the brand new SPEC stage 1 went out a few months later (can't handle the torque). I've put on over 55K miles in the 3 years I've had the car - it has to be the most fun I've ever had just driving anywhere. Wait a bit longer, purchase a set of headers and install them on the 3L before you drop it in - they are worth the money and suck to install in the car.

or go with your idea, and in two months I would have spun a rod bearing and put a hole in the diff. sounds negative, but you know it happens. one or the other usually

Fixed it, you negative nancy... I still have my 2.5L SVT engine (~70k now) in the cougar and original differential (140k) with ZERO problems. Back when it was still in the Contour I revved it up to ~7200 rpm regularly. Granted I don't take on ramps at redline and I run 6 quarts of oil, but you make it sound like the 2.5L is a bad engine.

Fixed it, you negative nancy... I still have my 2.5L SVT engine (~70k now) in the cougar and original differential (140k) with ZERO problems. Back when it was still in the Contour I revved it up to ~7200 rpm regularly. Granted I don't take on ramps at redline and I run 6 quarts of oil, but you make it sound like the 2.5L is a bad engine.

thank you. I had 163,000 miles on my SVT when i got ride of it and it ran like a top. never opened up. i DID put a new tranny in at about 150,xxx or so but i blame myself for that. and i wasnt scared to hit the twisties. i wouldnt run it at redline on a ramp, but i would take them at 60 or so. 6 quarts also of synthetic..

on a different note, the gold now has different suspension in,a nd it sits a tad lower :) but it rides SO much better! i'll get pics eventually :) (the fiero still sits in storage :()

I hear yea. I wasn't trying to be snotty or anything; I just wanted to know for my own good. We might look at the csvt with 101k and try and talk the small dealer down some more. This still might be a bit off. I would be learning to drive a stick on this car.

My dad is pretty scared of "modded" cars as well. Thinks they break all the time.

Thanks guys; I have my fingers crossed.

Back