• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

a SVT contour isn't a car for you ifyou want something that won't break often. say what you will, do what you want, but there are more blown up 2.5's than running right now.

and tony, what are you trying to prove lol.... you have a "low mileage" 2.5L which you babied since you got it, and you drive like a grandma and never launch the cougar. of course its fine.

you know as well as i do, if he ever launched it he'd be in great danger of blowing the diff.

a SVT contour isn't a car for you ifyou want something that won't break often. say what you will, do what you want, but there are more blown up 2.5's than running right now.

and tony, what are you trying to prove lol.... you have a "low mileage" 2.5L which you babied since you got it, and you drive like a grandma and never launch the cougar. of course its fine.

you know as well as i do, if he ever launched it he'd be in great danger of blowing the diff.

And that is why I never launched the SE or 98 SVT.....and when I did launch the 3.0L I broke an axle and tranny mount bolt. Torque...gooooooood!

More blown up 2.5L than running? Give me a break! You had what, 160k miles on your 2.5L (many of those with YOU driving) before it blew up? And even then it took how many bottles of a 100hp+ shots of nitrous?

I launch my cars and I drive them harder than an average consumer would. I just know the difference between a good idea and a bad idea. I've never been tempted to rev it up to 5k and dump the clutch... :idea:

Found out I have the Focus shift tower so it wasn't the bolt that dropped in. We are starting to think it was a broken tranny mount bolt that caused the tranny to move around and not syncing up.

I could get a lot of different cars; but I want to stay as part of this community. None of the other forums I have been on have been like this one, and much as my SE breaks and pisses me off; I still would own another one. I bet I would feel even stronger about it if I had an SVT.

I guess I just have a thing for cars that break. I have always wanted a 1g Eagle Talon like my brothers. We will see. Depends on how much we get for a Concorde with 50k and probably $1,400 or a little less for my SE.

Thanks for the help guys.

I could get a lot of different cars; but I want to stay as part of this community. None of the other forums I have been on have been like this one, and much as my SE breaks and pisses me off; I still would own another one. I bet I would feel even stronger about it if I had an SVT.

I guess I just have a thing for cars that break. I have always wanted a 1g Eagle Talon like my brothers. We will see. Depends on how much we get for a Concorde with 50k and probably $1,400 or a little less for my SE.

Thanks for the help guys.

no on the dsm. no no no. fantastic to drive, but it will be in the garage getting fixed more than it being on the road.

stands for Doesn't Stay Moving.

lol.

CSVT is your car, i just think you should "start out with the right foot forward" and get a 3L right off the bat.

no on the dsm. no no no. fantastic to drive, but it will be in the garage getting fixed more than it being on the road.

Yea, that has been the story with his. :laugh:

20g turbo is fun... but it has blown the head twice and has gone through 2 transmissions. Love the car though :nonono:

stands for Doesn't Stay Moving.

lol.

CSVT is your car, i just think you should "start out with the right foot forward" and get a 3L right off the bat.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. T-red/ptan with a mirko would make me the happiest person on the plannet.

Yea, that has been the story with his. :laugh:

20g turbo is fun... but it has blown the head twice and has gone through 2 transmissions. Love the car though :nonono:

I'll keep my fingers crossed. T-red/ptan with a mirko would make me the happiest person on the plannet.

I know when i went from the SE to the SVT I giggled like mad driving it....same thing from the SVT to the 3.0L.

I would agree, go right for the 3.0L if you can swing one. Blackcoog should be able to get you one for around $4000.

I know when i went from the SE to the SVT I giggled like mad driving it....same thing from the SVT to the 3.0L.

I would agree, go right for the 3.0L if you can swing one. Blackcoog should be able to get you one for around $4000.

Sounds good. I'll pm him when the time comes.

Now I'm excited sitting in class. :eek:

Sounds good. I'll pm him when the time comes.

Now I'm excited sitting in class. :eek:

I just helped my brother in-law get one. He loves it. Now his step brother is saving for one which I'm sure I'll get for him later this year. My brother is already on his second 3L SVT from me. He sold his other one to a friend of ours. The one he has is in better condition so he's really happy. It's funny because about 90% of the time if I see a SVT on the road here in MN I built it or know who owns it. :laugh:

I just helped my brother in-law get one. He loves it. Now his step brother is saving for one which I'm sure I'll get for him later this year. My brother is already on his second 3L SVT from me. He sold his other one to a friend of ours. The one he has is in better condition so he's really happy. It's funny because about 90% of the time if I see a SVT on the road here in MN I built it or know who owns it. :laugh:

but aren't your builds jenkee? :shrug: :crazy:

My car is starting to scare me.. Yesterday I was in canal park and started driving. Going 25ish I put it in third and was going just under 30. When I let the clutch out for third the car instantly died. It started right away though... I can't afford problems right now... :mad:

My car is starting to scare me.. Yesterday I was in canal park and started driving. Going 25ish I put it in third and was going just under 30. When I let the clutch out for third the car instantly died. It started right away though... I can't afford problems right now... :mad:

Me either. Ugggg. Going to run by the shop at lunch and see what is going on with it.

Back