• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

$450 and I'll do it. Last time I checked it was about $700-800 for a shop to do it. Or you can pay Tricker in turbo parts and I'm sure he will do it. :laugh:

If I only had turbo parts! For that $450, you better come up here....I think TRicker gave me a cheaper price. :laugh:

Clutch only has around 7000 miles on it, I think. Should there be a warrenty or anything?

If I only had turbo parts! For that $450, you better come up here....I think TRicker gave me a cheaper price. :laugh:

Clutch only has around 7000 miles on it, I think. Should there be a warrenty or anything?

I'm sure Tricker would. He helped Kyle with a diff install fo free! :laugh: I don't like anyone enough to do it for free. I have enough crap to do on my own car. A clutch is never going to have a warranty against wear. What clutch was it again? Spec? You could call and ask.

I'm sure Tricker would. He helped Kyle with a diff install fo free! :laugh: I don't like anyone enough to do it for free. I have enough crap to do on my own car. A clutch is never going to have a warranty against wear. What clutch was it again? Spec? You could call and ask.

yeah, it is a spec with around 7000 miles on it.

They're sure that's the problem? Does it shift perfectly fine with the engine off, but hard to get into gears when it's running?

Maybe that's why mine has been notchy for a while :laugh: I want to swap mine in favor of a stock SVT PP with a clutchnet "Yellow" disc.

sounds like it could also be the "spec" (factory ford, but always fail) throwout bearing, or the clutch needing to be bled better, or the springs shot out of the disc like mine did on my spec stage3.

and yeah i did kyles for free, but it wasnt like i did all the work. actually, he did about 80% of it. i just was there to make sure he didnt forget/break anything. and well, that happened anyways LOL..... we forgot to tighten the throwout bearing before we put the trans onthe engine. he did catch it before everything was together though.

i don't do work for free usually ever at all. 450 is a good price, but i can go a little cheaper. or you can just give me your D2 suspension setup haha!

Had the day off today so I figured i'd check into the loud "POP" my wife heard coming from the back of the Contour. Jacked her up and found this.

brokenspring1.jpg

brokenspring2.jpg

Just got done swaping the whole assembly from the parts car.

I did kyles for free, but it wasnt like i did all the work. actually, he did about 80% of it. i just was there to make sure he didnt forget/break anything. and well, that happened anyways LOL..... we forgot to tighten the throwout bearing before we put the trans onthe engine. he did catch it before everything was together though.

Haha - I was distracted looking at those headers and just wanted to get everything back together. At least it didn't take long - I think we had the motor half in, realized I fawked up, pulled it out, had you remove the bolts, I yanked off the transmission and held it up while you torqued the bolts down and then I slapped it back on. I think the whole deal cost us like 15 minutes tops...:laugh:

I think the only thing we broke was the front anti swap link wrestling the trans out and we replaced that front half headed bolt on the transmission... not bad for a Contour rook. I don't even bat an eye with pulling a transmission anymore - I think I've done like 6 or 7 of em now.

I still owe ya big time for you helping out- sure was nice having a heated garage, cement floors and damn near every tool conceivable.

I'm still good with my Spec 3+ - I whomp the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of it daily without an issue, my serpentine belt squeaks now that I got solid front and rear roll resistors and a new motor mount. If the clutch goes out I'm going to park it until I can install a new rebuilt trans and boost.

Back