• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

It's a Gateway/Acer :laugh: Its actually a gateway, but when I sent it in for repairs it went to acer? :shrug:

I have it fixed (hopefully) for this week. I bent the mounts for the hard drive so the connection wouldn't be so loose. We'll see if it works. I'll be packing my gf's old Toshiba too just in case.

Hope you get it back in one piece....

its cold out. the VW barely started this morning for work. like as in. crank crank crank... click click click. crank crank crank.... click click click. crank crank vroom

Don't know what you guys are talking about, it was 70 degrees in San Francisco this week/weekend :cool:

IMG_0774copy.jpg

I had recording of -30* for a few days in a row, car started without issue every time. If felt like there was cement in the transmission, but it still shifted smoothly in and out of gears puling it into the garage.

No kidding, I was in the junkyard last evening wrenching in a t-shirt!

Ran to my dads the other day and I was outside playing with the dog and I thought it was round 30 outside.....turns out it was only 15. :laugh: Can you get hypothermia like that? If you take a person from the south and a person from where I live (like me :laugh:) and have them come here would they get hypothermia quicker than me....same rate? I honestly didn't feel cold running around without a jacket and I was out there for a while. :shrug:

Ran to my dads the other day and I was outside playing with the dog and I thought it was round 30 outside.....turns out it was only 15. :laugh: Can you get hypothermia like that? If you take a person from the south and a person from where I live (like me :laugh:) and have them come here would they get hypothermia quicker than me....same rate? I honestly didn't feel cold running around without a jacket and I was out there for a while. :shrug:

They will get hypo faster then you - part of dealing with cold is conditioning and strength. I'm pretty crazy when it comes to working in the cold without outdoor clothing - as long as I am moving I am warm.

Professor Science says:

Hypothermia is your body temperature dropping below a certain point. Where you are from does not effect how quickly your body temperature will drop. The best way to avoid hypothermia is activity that keeps your heart rate up, that keeps your extremities warm by circulating blood faster, which also raises your body temperature slightly. It has nothing to do with conditioning and strength. The conditioning we receive by living in this area just makes it easier for us to tolerate subzero temperatures. Perfect example. For the last 7 years I had lived in north dakota. It was WAY colder there than it is here. Now I find this kinda weather mild, but I can see effects of exposure just as quickly in myself as I can in people who aren't as good at dealing with the cold as I am.

After having to start my contour in weather that was -45 before counting the windchill, the -20 I had thursday wasn't all that bad...

noooooooooooooo! Cougar I take it?

I think we are going to go look at this house again. We looked at it in August and liked it but it is down $20K since then. It needs a new septic but at this price I am starting to think we can't pass it up. It is valued on our tax system as $132K I am seriously excited about maybe getting it.
http://www.culbertrealty.com/apps/realty/virginia/listing.php?listingid=12927

"Septic" what the heck is that..... :laugh: Crazy northerners storing their poop in the ground. lol

Back