• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Minnesota weekend forecast:

snowy-house-scene.jpg

Bring on winter!
SVT Winter.jpg

Great news! In under 2.5hrs I was able to push my car to a suitable working spot, change my cloths in the back of it (damn it was hot in there), yank the shift tower out, fish out the broken bolt, drill a hole in the broken bolt and remove it with an easy out, put everything back together, test drive, change back into my cloths and then clean up in the bathroom. next time the :censored::censored::censored::censored:er breaks I'm dropping in a Focus shift tower... :nonono:

...Great news! In under 2.5hrs I was able to push my car to a suitable working spot, change my cloths in the back of it (damn it was hot in there), yank the shift tower out, fish out the broken bolt, drill a hole in the broken bolt and remove it with an easy out, put everything back together, test drive, change back into my cloths and then clean up in the bathroom. next time the :censored::censored::censored::censored:er breaks I'm dropping in a Focus shift tower... :nonono:

This went considerably better than my sunshade removal in the '89 Cougar XR7 the other night. Hop in, armed with screwdriver and a wide array of bits, kick the sunroof back, remove four of six screws with ease and just a little elbow grease, only to find that the forwardmost ones have minimal clearance that allows insufficient torque. They're also the ones most exposed to weather, so they stripped easily. Quality was / is Job 1 at Ford, but I'm not so sure about Webasto, the sunroof manufacturer that made the Starlite 4. A Philips head in a high corrosion location? Brilliant. A flathead screw would have been out of there like butter. Now, unless I want to slot the two screws with a cutting wheel, they're staying put. I'll have to figure out another plan for fixing the upholstery on my sunshade.

This right here is my DREAM CAR... Its got everything I want. Except the rake and fat rear tires would go. I seriously have to go change my pants. :eek: I cant imagine how this thing would tear up a dyno.

i have been wanting to throw a lightning or cobra drive train in a vic for a long time.

Back