• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

entering factory radio keycodes

kennyking

New CEG'er
i have a 99 contour se with a factory fm/cd unit. The service manual says that i need to re-enter the factory codes if the radio is removed.

Is this true?

I contacted a nearby ford dealership, and they said that there are no codes to enter. Hmmm. :confused:

Anyhow, i have two questions:
1. How do i get the code to enter for the radio?
(possible answer: Is the radio keycode one of the numbers on the ignition key replacement tag (the one that has the number to replace keys). )
2. What is key sequence to enter the codes?

Thanks for listening. I searched the sight, but i coudn't find an answer to these questions.

Ken
99 ford contour se sport, manual v6

no codes!!!

no codes!!!

Tony

Thanks again. Wow! The service manual and the owner manuals both mention keycodes.

What a relief to finally get a definite answer. All of the dealerships were completely mystified when I asked them about entering the keycoes.

Ken

The only cars I've experienced to "Code Lock" as it's called, are GM's and Honda's, I have yet to really see any Fords have lock codes.... Of course there are other car makers that have coding, but not seen as much as GM and Honda...

Back