• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

As SZ has become my annual 'blow off steam and damn responsibility, rules and pressure' event, I have but one item on my list:

1. Prepare to teach youngsters how to properly drink too much.

jugaa1.jpg

I just need to get my car finished. Hopefully I can have it all running and set up for some hard laps around the track. Just need some more money right now:mad:. Hopefully it'll be unlike any of the other contours there, unless Pole is workin on the same type of thing... Also need to get some nice 17s and sticky tires.

As SZ has become my annual 'blow off steam and damn responsibility, rules and pressure' event, I have but one item on my list:

1. Prepare to teach youngsters how to properly drink too much.

SZ08pic72.jpg

SZ08pic74.jpg

Are you sure properly is the right term there?

Are you sure properly is the right term there?

Barge, please don't ever call Trapps' mastery of excessive alcohol consumption into question again. It is sacrilidge and I won't stand for it :D.

On topic, I have a few key items I need to take care of before SZ for sure, and a few that I really should have taken care of before SZ as well.

Need:
1. Tires. For the Contour of course.
2. Mount up some brake goodies I now have in my posession finally :D but #1 is required before I can do any actual testing.

There really are too many things for a "should do" list to include it here :D

As one of the people that basically carried him into his hotel room I feel that I have earned certain privileges... ya big fat meany head admin.

SZ08pic76.jpg

Barge, please don't ever call Trapps' mastery of excessive alcohol consumption into question again. It is sacrilidge and I won't stand for it :D.

On topic, I have a few key items I need to take care of before SZ for sure, and a few that I really should have taken care of before SZ as well.

Need:
1. Tires. For the Contour of course.
2. Mount up some brake goodies I now have in my posession finally :D but #1 is required before I can do any actual testing.

There really are too many things for a "should do" list to include it here :D

change that dirty filter too! ;)

have some people trying to get me to go, so i'm not sure if i am or not. but things i want to get done
1. Fuel pressure regulator
2. optimized/ bored throttle body
3. tune
4. possibly cam gears header and exhaust

Well I will be getting the suspension put on the weekend of March 14th.
Exhaust soon there after (depending on how much $$ is left over after suspension).
and I just put in my time off request !!!!
WOO-HOO !!!!!

to do list:

real tires. NT555's are what i'm feelin right now.

18" wheels to go with the tires. oz superlegerra's? i think so. someday

Get tuned.

Replace front valve cover, remove IMRC, finish deleting the EGR, Replace the LIM on my car currently, New lower control arms, Poly fill rear roll resistor, New intake (unless we get a turbo :) ) uh ..... box in rear subframe, BAT sway bar with poly bushings, Upgrade brakes, Paint front bumper, get a mirko,

ugh this isnt gonna be easy!

Back