• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You might be a CEG'er if....

Mods?? What about regular maintenance:laugh:
Maintenance is maintenance....... the fact that you do maintenance on an obslete vehicle that you have completely rebuilt twice is a sign that you need help.

BTW doing a 3.0L is considered maintenance on a Tour.... LOL

AF

When you dont need carfax, because your cars history and previous owners are somewhere on CEG

You know when....

You car qualifies for "Cash for Clunkers". Like my 96 Mystique. Which I will be trading for an 09 Focus, then flipping that to the 2011 Fiesta! Thanks Obama :) I now get $3,400 more than what my car is worth.

You know when....

You car qualifies for "Cash for Clunkers". Like my 96 Mystique. Which I will be trading for an 09 Focus, then flipping that to the 2011 Fiesta! Thanks Obama :) I now get $3,400 more than what my car is worth.
dang where do i sign up the wifes cougar for that!?

You know when....

How'd you get that to work out? I was thinking about taking advantage of this, but from what I understand the car needs to be getting less than 18 MPG.

if you hate the car, the site and/or practically everyone on the site, but you still insist on hanging around.

I'll never understand some of you miserable SOBs. :p

You can tell the cause of your check engine light by the way it stares at you!

You have memorized the meaning of all the obd1 & 2 trouble codes.

you might be a CEG'r if....

you collect parts for the contour you plan on buying again.
you call up junkyards because you heard your previous was junked and you want to get parts back.
people in town know you as "The Contour Kid".
you have various parts in the basement/garage even though you sold yours almost two years ago but wont part with them.
if you have multiple trunkilids outside because you couldnt settle with the one your car came with.
if you know where they are all located in your town.
if you still have all the emblems that you took off your car even though you wanted to hide the fact that you bought a grandmas car
if you use your username from contour.org on other sites and people dont understand what it means.

these are just a few more that i have recently came up with in hopes that we could get this thread going again:pop:

You can't remember what your family looks like, but you know the exact order of all the forums.

i went to one of to audio shops in town and its been a year and a half since i sold my contour, the owner of the shop comes out and says " hey you're the contour kid right?" i laughed "i have had three cars since my contour, but yes thats me!!!"

When you recently sign up to a forum for your car and almost immediately become addicted to it because you realize everyones contour is almost exactly like yours
When you read all 28 pages of a forum
P.S. i completely relate to the 10mph turns and both drinks come out of cupholders

When you revive 2-3 year old threads...

Hah! I didn't notice it was that old until i saw your post!
Well, might as well add one that EVERY CEGer SHOULD DO!
You are a CEGer when your calender isn't some princess castles and flowers, but when its ALL CONTOURS! Yay us!
Regardless of how close i am to quiting on my SVT...:nonono:

Back