• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You might be a CEG'er if....

When you gladly take another CEG'r for a ride in your car and drive NORMALLY like you would any other day (minus that 1st gear stomp where the dash mat flew off :laugh:) and it almost scares the CRAP out of him. And he gets out of the car cheesin' for the next hour. And you feel a sense of acomplishment from driving a 12+ year old car to it's limit for no reason :)

'Twas fun though eh?

anyone ask 95_Mystique how a 3L feels compared to a 2.0L :crazy:

..............if you have to keep your gas above quarter tank so you dont stall and buck and jerk lol

I thought I was the only one with this problem :mad: ......if you have less than a 1/4tank of gas and make a long right hand turn and your car stalls...lol

when u creeeeeeeep over speedbumps, and scrape the side skirts anyway.
Man i just went to the junk yard and went down a dip and ripped all the tabs in the front that hold the side skirts on,i was sad thought i ripped the side skirt but thank god i didnt lol

I thought I was the only one with this problem :mad: ......if you have less than a 1/4tank of gas and make a long right hand turn and your car stalls...lol
Yea mine acts horrible if i go below quarter tank and hit the gas hard. And it stalls once in a while when i turn lol

If you think that someday, everywhere you go, everyone will compliment your CSVT. When in reality, they look at you like some rice burner thinking its got a body kit on it:nonono:.

If you have chicken fencing in your bumpers and call it aftermarket:laugh:.

...........if you have to start the car with the maf plugged in and unplug it to drive lol

...........Whe
n you jump for joy everytime 93 octane drops 10 cents........lol

...if you visit the local junkyard, find half a dozen Cougars/Contiques, and leave with no less than 10 "upgrades" for your SVT that came standard on the scrap cars.

~Mike~

some of these are getting really dumb
youaresodumbforeal.gif

REVIVE (again)

You know youre a CEGer when you have more photos of your car than you do of you on Facebook (Im friends with quite a few of you and this is the case for most, including me lol)

Or when you post something regarding driving or your contour and it ends up having like 80 comments from just CEG people talking to each other about random contour stuff

When you are talking to a cop about an accident you witnessed. Then he asks you more questions about how well your car is holding up because his CSVT got junked from problems than questions about what actually happened at the accident.

When you look at your wife's escape and hope she goes away for a weekend to do quick engine swap.

When you get to watch a ls1 Camaros try to keep up through a corner and your just driving normal.

Funny story. So I am on my way to work and the road I live on is very twisty. Which most of. The turns people wont take at 35 mph and I can normaly drive 55-60. I had a 00ish Camaros try to follow me and almost wipe out in a field.just because he thought he was cool.

Back