• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

West Great Lakes Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Contour SVT for sale

2000 Contour SVT for sale

This is a very, very nice example of a CSVT and a very reliable car. It has ~92,000 miles that have been mostly highway miles as the last 2 owners (total of 3) have lived far from work. This car has had easily over $12,000k put into it over it's lifespan.

I am selling it to get another Mustang and to get out of driving a stick shift everyday on my long commute. It is a sweet car and I would be happy if it could sell to a fellow enthusiast who will take care of it. Anyone who knows me knows I only by nice stuff and I take care of my things. It has been meticulously maintained by myself and the other owners and has been waxed more times then most people would do to all of their cars over their whole life.

The car currently has a Pioneer AVIC N3 installed which I will be replacing wiht a very nice new head unit (just not a flip up screen type).

The car was dynoed at 181hp and 173tq. The first owner was an active member of this board so some of you may be familiar with the car.

The car only has a few minor issues which could be easily addressed.
1. The left side blinker sometimes blinks rapidly.
2. The billet fuel door hinge broke (victim of the cold weather) somehow so the door is not sitting properly so it just needs to have a new door bolted on.
3. The power antenna needs to be replaced. I have it disconnected because I have Sirius satellite.

If I was to nitpick I would say it needs fresh springs and shocks because it does bottom out in back on a good bump. Also could use fresh stripes. But this is really nitpicking guys because the car is in great shape. The owners of this car have spared no expense in the maintenace of this vehicle. It was only about 2 months ago I spent $2500 at the dealership getting a few things repaired to make everything just right.

Here is a list of mods, service work, and some exterior pics (from the previous owner). I will try to get some recent exterior and interior pics soon (you won't be dissappointed).

MODS:
8" dark blue racing stripes
Milan quad projectors headlights - 90mm and 80mm Hella (4100K Philips HIDs)
Eurolite fog light bulbs
50% window tint
B-pillar decal mod
Aussie grills (Stainless mesh for front and rear)
new moonroof motor and custom delrin gears made
body color grill ring
custom SVT grill emblem
Audi A4 sidemarker lights
"knauberized" (Removed Door Ding Strips)
pre-98 sail panels
pre-98 antenna base
PIAA superwhite back-up lights
rear valance painted to match car
17" BBS RX Wheels
painted calipers w/Ford blue engine paint
carbon/ceramic brake pads (might be Hawk brand)
Magnaflow custom made X-pipe/woven Magnaflow compression pipes/gutted pre-cats
BAT pipe w/ 9" K&N & BAT MAF adapter
KKM billet oil cap
R1 pedals
B&M short throw shifter
"Krafty" custom-made shift and e-brake boots
VooDoo shift knob-powder coated white
BNoon white faced HVAC
Focus Ford logo on the steering wheel
Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines
BAT/Bilstein Suspension Combo (car sits 1" lower than stock) (Suspension installed by ATI of Troy, MI (Maker of the original V8 Focus)
urethane bushings
reinforced and boxed in fully welded rear subframe (according to original owner-have not conformed this)
19mm Solid Aussie bar w/urethane bushings
Ceramic coated 3rd gear synchros
Ford Racing Plug wires
Optimized Throttle body
MIL eliminators
Focal 165A1 6.5" component speakers for front
Focal 165CA1 6.5" coaxial speakers for rear
JL Audio 10W1V2D4 10" subwoofer with custom fiberglass enclosure

SERVICE AND MISC. WORK (by mileage):
12,000 transmission fluid flush, coolant flush, powersteering fluid flush, 4-wheel alignment
21,000 transmission fluid flush, coolant flush, 4-wheel alignment
30,000 water pump impeller changed to new metal type
34,000 brake fluid flush, clutch fluid flush
41,000 transmission fluid flush, powersteering fluid flush, 4-wheel alignment
new starter
new battery
54,000 suspension components installed, 4-wheel alignment, front wheel bearings replaced, upper and lower intake manifold cleaned (removed from car and dipped by Ford)
59,000 transmission fluid flush, coolant flush
new moonroof motor and delrin gears
62,000 4-wheel alignment
75,000 replaced windshield wipers
76,500 replaced rear taillights (originals were melted)
76,500 cleaned and oiled air filter
77,400 Fuel pump and fuel filter replaced
80,600 Emmissions tested-passed
80,700 Replaced right side HID bulb (4300k Phillips H7), Replaced all 3 rubber muffler brackets and pigtail for left side fog light bulb
83,000 Replaced tires with Yokohoma Advan S4 215/45/17
83,000 Replaced BBS wheel center caps on all wheels
85,477 Put in new Ford Motorcraft OEM spark plugs
85,477 Replaced drivers side window regulator and motor
85,477 Replaced windshield wiper motor and linkage
85,477 Replaced left hand turn signal assembly
85,477 4 wheel alignment
85,477 Replaced positive battery cable assembly
85,477 Replaced starter and solenoid
85,477 Flushed transmission
85,477 Flushed cooling system
85,477 Replaced cabin filter

EXTERIOR PICS:

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

30,000 water pump impeller changed to new metal type

Hmmm, that's funny, I don't remember doing that to the car:shrug: Maybe he mean't to say a different mileage amount. I'm surprised that the springs/struts need to be replaced too, but then again, maybe the roads beat them up in 50K:shrug: How did the original tailights get "melted":confused:

Hmmm, that's funny, I don't remember doing that to the car:shrug: Maybe he mean't to say a different mileage amount. I'm surprised that the springs/struts need to be replaced too, but then again, maybe the roads beat them up in 50K:shrug: How did the original tailights get "melted":confused:

Did you help Chad with some of the work?

The mileage numbers (of when things were installed) up to the time that I have owned the car were rough mileage estimates that I put together from the info I had gotten from Chad. He might have more detailed data than that but at the time I did not think being exact was that crucial. But again, according to Chad, the original owner, the impeller was changed out.

As I said, the springs/shocks are optional. It handles just fine, it just that it bottoms out in the back easier than I would like, but hey so does my 2004 Cobra that's been lowered. Just wanted to be completely upfront with everything. No one can ever come back to me and say hey you didn't tell me about this or that.

I probably did not explain the tailight situation very well. Chad had put a Mystique tailight assembly with matching corner lights on the car. To make the bulb connectors/holders work, the bulb opening were purposely modified (melted for lack of a better term) to make them fit. I bought stock corner assemblies with new connectors/holders and that is what is on the car. So, the current lights are stock and not "melted" and work perfectly.

Hope this clear things up.

Did you help Chad with some of the work?

The mileage numbers (of when things were installed) up to the time that I have owned the car were rough mileage estimates that I put together from the info I had gotten from Chad. He might have more detailed data than that but at the time I did not think being exact was that crucial. But again, according to Chad, the original owner, the impeller was changed out.

As I said, the springs/shocks are optional. It handles just fine, it just that it bottoms out in the back easier than I would like, but hey so does my 2004 Cobra that's been lowered. Just wanted to be completely upfront with everything. No one can ever come back to me and say hey you didn't tell me about this or that.

I probably did not explain the tailight situation very well. Chad had put a Mystique tailight assembly with matching corner lights on the car. To make the bulb connectors/holders work, the bulb opening were purposely modified (melted for lack of a better term) to make them fit. I bought stock corner assemblies with new connectors/holders and that is what is on the car. So, the current lights are stock and not "melted" and work perfectly.

Hope this clear things up.
Chad is NOT the original owner. Klasse Act, the person you are talking to is the original owner.

So direct any questions to him....not Chad.:blackeye:

I'm sure Chad changed out the w/p, but as far as the "melting" of the tailights, let me explain what I did as I was the one who changed out to the Mystique center reflector/tailights, which look WAAAAY better IMO. The pigtails twist in differently then the ones in the Contour so what I did to make it work was to use duct tape to hold the assembly in place which is ok IMO because there's the cover that goes over that and it holds them in place and keeps it nice. I never got around to having that done the right way because it was out of site, out of mind and I had NO problems with it. I don't even think Chad did this "melting" techique because if/when you needed to change out a bulb how would you? This just boggles the mind and I hope someone who really loves these cars buys my old ride, seriously. Chad told me the price and although its high for most, you should get it as there's always someone out there who appreciates things done right, not hacked...EVER!

Chad is NOT the original owner. Klasse Act, the person you are talking to is the original owner.

So direct any questions to him....not Chad.:blackeye:

My apologies guys, I truly did not know that.

In that case, it is nice to meet you Roger (Klasse Act).

I have enjoyed your car immensely. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. However, I have run into an opportunity on another Mustang I just don't want to pass up. And it's an automatic which makes much more sense for my commute.

I assume you got the price from Chad. It is that price or best off, so if anyone you know expresses interest I will entertain any serious offers.

Thanks,

Chris

Here are some interior/engine bay pics. Sorry the car was not cleaner when they were taken, we haven't had the best weather lately for keeping a car clean.

FYI, the Valentine One could be included for a reasonable fee

DSCN1087.jpg

DSCN1088.jpg

DSCN1090.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg

DSCN1095.jpg

DSCN1099.jpg

DSCN1100.jpg

DSCN1101.jpg

;) I'm sure that stereo is nice, something I never really got around to doing:eek: but I'm sure your going to clean those mats and carpet before you sell it, right? I used to use old drying towels in the winter and old floormats to keep things lookin' good. I didn't care how miss matched it looked for the winter just as long as it stayed clean underneath. I really liked what you did with the shiftknob too, putting back to its original glory (sorry Chad) I really hope this car goes to a good home, preferably one in SEMI where it belongs!

Sorry Roger, as much as I've thought about making an offer on it right now, it just doesn't make sense :cry: I still owe on my SVT and I want to start saving for a house and the Mustang project so I can get it back together in a decent amount of time (less than 5 years). I hope it goes to a good home, like I've said every other time it's been sold :laugh:

for sale: 2003 Chevy Impala LS BLACK

for sale: 2003 Chevy Impala LS BLACK

Is this a chat room too? I thought we are just supposed to list items for sale here.... guess not - chat on! This is what I have for sale:

2003 Chevy Impala LS BLACK
I have had this car for about 6 months now and it must go! I just got engaged a few days ago and really want to pay off the ring before the interest kicks in. It is also just my extra vehicle as the contour is stored for the winter. I will unleash the tour back into the world as soon as this sells. I owe over $13,000 for the impala as of now but will sell it for much much less, take the hit and just let it go.

If it is bought locally, you will get lifetime carwashes FREE! This is offered from the dealership I bought it from in Beaver Dam, WI. AND I know everyone wants to get a deal, so if it is bought locally I will also include FREE detailing for 1 year. One detail per month up to 12 details by me.

To get the free carwashes, all you do is drive up, get out, and hand the keys to a salesman and say "wash please". I take the car though the automatic wash they have there by myself also. They won't stop you because they have their logo on the car (that must stay on to get the free washes). see pics for the rear of the car, you can barely see it.

67,xxx miles, black exterior with grey interior, 16" alloys, spoiler, 3800 v6, auto, sliding sun roof, new tires, clean - non smoker, rubbermaid deep rubber floor mats and cloth ones as well, 30 miles to the gallon, onstar, phone, cd, traction control, nice nice nice. all me if interested or drop a PM. Thanks! 920-344-6982 - JOE

my payments are $251.00 a month

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

sup yo yo yo!? Not much, just waiting for SZ and working... wanna buy a car?

Price Drop - $7000

Price Drop - $7000

Hey guys,

I am dropping the price to $7000 firm on the 2000 Contour SVT. Please let me know soon because the car will be going to my Dad as a gift if it does not sell soon.

Thanks,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back