• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

VVME.COM HID's...

Actaully Harrry my DHL package said my kit came from beijing...

Really? i got all mine from USA :shrug:

I ordered mine all from the main site. Obviously you ordered the ebay one. Hmm thats weird. Maybe ebay is from over sea's and site is ordered from usa.

I'll ask them next time i order a set. Thanks for the info. How are you liking the lights, have you installed them?

I'm honestly thinking of grabbing a set but where would I need to snip to wire in a relay and where is a good spot for the ballasts?

I'm honestly thinking of grabbing a set but where would I need to snip to wire in a relay and where is a good spot for the ballasts?

The relay won't be snipped it is also a plug and play. The only wire you will need to connect is the battery wire. :shrug: It really only took me 30 mins tops to install these and i am a perfectionist :laugh:. I am kinda anal about all the jobs i do.

I placed them right behind the headlight between the bumber facia frame and the batter on the driver side.

THe passenger side i slide it down into a spot you will see. If i have time i will remove my headlights and snap a few pictures.

Also i used alot of zippy ties so these things don't move :)

yes im just wondering if it was just one person that didnt get a relay but i see now you have to get your own relay or order one from them to make them work.

yes im just wondering if it was just one person that didnt get a relay but i see now you have to get your own relay or order one from them to make them work.

You don't need a relay to make them work. According to pudmunkies you should get one to make sure nothing happens to the electrical system.

Really? i got all mine from USA :shrug:

I ordered mine all from the main site. Obviously you ordered the ebay one. Hmm thats weird. Maybe ebay is from over sea's and site is ordered from usa.

I'll ask them next time i order a set. Thanks for the info. How are you liking the lights, have you installed them?

I have ordered many sets straight from the VVME site for friends. All have come from China. Maybe the replacement parts come from the US :shrug: But all the complete kits I have ordered straight from the site (about 5), all came from China. They do come pretty quick though...

The relay won't be snipped it is also a plug and play. The only wire you will need to connect is the battery wire. :shrug: It really only took me 30 mins tops to install these and i am a perfectionist :laugh:. I am kinda anal about all the jobs i do.

No I mean if I order the single kit without their relay what wire into the ballasts would I need to snip and splice in. If I were going to re-wire the factory lights I'd snip the bulb power wires to use as the relay trigger and then run the wires from the relay to the bulbs.

I don't have a relay on mine right now, and so far they are working good. Well except for every once in awhile when I get in and turn on my headlights, one will flash on a split second faster than the other which is weird. I went ahead and had them send me a relay to wire in, cause I know when I bought a set from a group buy a couple years back it came with a relay to wire in. I think that group buy was from Plasmagarage.com. I'm sure their kits are alot better but they are like $220 before shipping I believe...

I bought HIDs from VVME.com a few months ago and i am very happy with them, they look great and no problems so far. Im glad i read this thread, i didnt even think about a relay.

does anyone know the part number or brand of relay i need to get from an autoparts store? or do i just walk in and buy a relay? (i know absoloutly nothing about lighting or relays) if someone could tell me what to buy, i would really appreciate it.

They usually have a lighting relay over with the aftermarket lighting that will have two output connections like you'll need.

I'd just order one from VVME.com that way it just plugs into your kit you already have. This way you don't have to snip and splice into anything and have the chance to screw something up...

True but you also lose a lot of voltage to the headlight plugs by the time the power gets there. Run a relay to power the lights and you'll actually get the 14volts like you're supposed to get.

Back